Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2008, 02:44   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 47 Times
Default stereo system for GETZ CRDi

hey, I am using my bro's id as mine doesnt work yet( cant post)

I am going to buy getz crdi and and was thinking of all accessories i should buy with it.

which stereo system do you guys suggest me to buy?
my dealer gave me this price list. seems overpriced to me though:

sony cdx -gt 670us 8990/-
sony xs-gt1625 ( 190w ) 1700/-
sony xs gtx 1640 (300w ) 2990/-
R.C. CORD 650/-
sony XM-ZR604 { 4/3 CHANNEL AMP} 5490/-
sony XS-L124P5B { 1300W} WOOFER 3990/-
R.C.CORD & WOOFER BOX 2000/-
seat cover fabric 3500/-
body cover 1500/-
Remote locking 3800

TOTAL 34,610
-
JBL GTO (180 W } 2990/-
JBL GT632 {300W} 4950/-
JBL CS1204B ( 1000 W)woofer 7990/-
JBL CS60.4 (4 channel amp) 8990/-
R.C. CORD & woofer box 2500/-
plank 1600/-


TOTAL 29,020


i am not into loud music but quality matters to me . I live in hyderabad , can you guys please suggest me good system and reasonable to get it from.
If this is wrong forum to post admins please move the post
gsbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 02:51   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,028
Thanked: 153 Times
Default

I would prefer/suggest JBL over Sony any day.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 02:53   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I would prefer/suggest JBL over Sony any day.
i am not sure if i really need amp. but this config does require a amp right?
can you suggest me some reasonable config for jbl
gsbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 09:52   #4
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 28
Thanked: Once
Default

Hi gsbhatia,

I have Blaupunkt Kingston MP47 in my getz. USB enabled

Have put 2 Sony round 6" in front doors and 2 6x9" oval on the rear tray.

Sounds really amazing man.

I think its better than Sony or Pioneer anytime.

All the above for Rs. 14000 in Pune.

Everytime a new person sits in the car he mentions about the system & its clarity.
ankushmulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 10:23   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsbhatia View Post
JBL CS60.4 (4 channel amp) 8990/-
R.C. CORD & woofer box 2500/-
Amp seems to be a bit overpriced. What brand is R.C. cord? Woofer box is pre-made or would be built as per specs?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 14:49   #6
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

I would recommend you to avoid Sony Xplods and go for JBL. The prices are okay but some things are expensive. You can try getting a quote from one of the best accessories shop in your city too.
Get component (also known as splits) speakers for the front and round coaxial speakers for the rear.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th October 2008 at 15:18. Reason: Thanks :)
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 16:07   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 2,222
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Like Zak has said, the accessory section at Dealerships are super on pricing. Even with a 25% discount your still not really saving anything. Your spending 20k+ you can get a very sweet install if you look in the market.

Hyderabad has a bunch of T-Bhpians you can listen, compare brands and buy.

Other issue with the dealers is that they install shabbily and dont really know much about subwoofer enclosures!!

Here's an option based on what you said above:
HU : Pioneer or Kenwood (6k)
Front : JBL GTO or GT5 Components (5-6k)
Rear : JBL GT5 936 (6x9") (4k?)
Amp : JBL GT5 A604 4ch (6k)
Sub : JBL GT5 12" (4k)
Wiring + Install : 2k

If you goto an authorized JBL dealer then mentioning a certain someone from this forum could earn you discount. You will need to do your homework for this
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 18:28   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

gsbhatia, if you are not looking for loud music, do you really need to go for amp. For better clarity, go for four component speakers. Blaupunkt is offering some discounts on its products. Go for a very good head unit which can be expandable and expand as per your taste. I might be wrong, but experts can comment.
Suresh_vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 19:50   #9
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

i got this quote frm a shop @ minister road , hyderabad:

sony xplode HU ( with USB):7990
jbl 400 wat rear speakers : 5990
jbl 160 wat front speakers: 1950
jbl 4 channel amp : 5520
jbl subwoofer: 2900
wooferbox: 450
cables: 900

total: 25680

after 20% discount: 20500 Rs

is it a good deal?
any other good HU i should look for?
gsbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 20:29   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Insufficient information - model numbers would be surely help in knowing whether this is a good deal or not.

The speaker wattage you have mentioned seem to be Max. power. The front and rear speaker suggestions seem to be reversed: one normally puts components in the front, and they cost more than the usual coaxes (even if they are ovals) in the rear.

The amp, if one goes by the price (sounds like GT5-A504), seems to be a bit too weak for driving the sub effectively.

There are better HUs with the features you need around the same price point: Pio, JVC, Kenwood, Blaupunkt. Read the Product section to know more about various models and their features.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 20:56   #11
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

That quote sounds okay. But we can't be sure unless some model numbers are given.

I'd suggest to throw out that Sony HU. Get a Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine.
Get 6.5" components for the front.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2008, 21:22   #12
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
That quote sounds okay. But we can't be sure unless some model numbers are given.

I'd suggest to throw out that Sony HU. Get a Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine.
Get 6.5" components for the front.
i am big time noob in these configs. i dont know wat is 6.5". what are coaxials?
some expert can help me buy me a stereo system?

please suggest me some good config between 20-25k
gsbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 02:31   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

if you say quality really matters to you and you're not into loud music, these are the things that should make up your budget:
1. LETS STAY AWAY FROM SONY XPLOD ALTOGETHER. quality and xplod dont go hand in hand anymore.
2. head unit: if you will be using usb only, then plonk for a pioneer with a usb(3050 or alike). you must alllocate atleast 5-6 k for your head unit. the pre requisites for the head unit must be atleast 3 pre outs. since ur a 'noob' at this, let me tell you, that a pre out is like a dedicated output for a set of speakers, that is supposed to go to the amplifier via rca cables. this is simple to comprehend and any words you dont understand here must be wiki'ed or googled ok!? RS. 6000
3. you next major expenditure(and maybe the most integral) will be the amplifier. the amplifier provides 'power' to the speakers and really refines the way we listen to our music. the minimum you should get is a jbl 604 4 channel amp that should set you back by about 5k. another competent amp is the blaupunkt gta mk4 which costs about the same. both are good performers. its upto you and the brand you recall the most. RS. 5000
3. speakers:
now there is a pre conceived notion that sound in cars emanates from the back and is complemented by tiny speakers in the front. this is wrong!!!!!! you must have very good quality speakers directed at you, and if you seem to be driving most of the time then you must get good quality components. my suggestion is the Illusion Audio Electra EL 6.1 6.5" components. most component systems have 3 parts: midbass, tweeter and crossover. referring to your earlier post, 6.5" is the diameter of the midbass component of the speaker.
the cost for the components will 7k. contact bass&trouble on this forum for the same.
the components will need to be driven by the amp. RS. 7000
4. for the speakers at the rear, any 6 inch speakers will do provided they play well off the head unit(these will NOT be powered by the amplifier) i suggest jbl 938 6"x9" speakers on the parcel shelf(make sure u replace it with an mdf one)RS. 3000
5. the subwoofer(dont know if you really need one, but i think its good to have one) will be maybe a pioneer/jbl basic entry level subs costing between 2.2 and 2.5k RS. 2500
6. next comes a the MOST integral part! good installation!!! make sure you have someone competent install your audio for you. regardless of what you buy, the installer makes all the difference to the audio system! RS. 1000 ATLEAST
7. GOOD quality cables from the battery to the amp, form the head unit to the amp and from the amp to the speakers! RS. 3500
8. miscellaneous stuff like an mdf shelf to house the rear speakers and an enclosure for your sub(at the cost of boot space!) RS. 2500


TOTAL: RS.30,500 AND A LOT OF SMILES!
CHEERS AND BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR INSTALL.
prices mentioned are all grey market prices with a tolerance factor of about 200-300 rupees. sorry if there are any errors!


ps: your budget of 20-25 k will need you to make some changes from my list:
i suggest:
1. if you like bass but are not too picky about the amount of bass u need: cross out the subwoofer from the list and power the rear speakers from the amplifier. (subract rs. 2.5[sub]+1.2k[enclosure]= 3.7k)
2.. if you drive and LOVE bass: chuck the rear speakers, go with the subwoofer and follow the rest of the plan as mentioned above! (subtract 3k)
at NO point of time in this install should you chuck the components, the amplifier, good installation, decent head unit, and good wiring!!!!!!!!!! the rest are flexible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok??


post your feedback on this looooooooong suggestion list!

Last edited by frankmehta : 27th October 2008 at 02:41.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 11:20   #14
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 82
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
That quote sounds okay. But we can't be sure unless some model numbers are given.

I'd suggest to throw out that Sony HU. Get a Kenwood/Pioneer/Alpine.
Get 6.5" components for the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
if you say quality really matters to you and you're not into loud music, these are the things that should make up your budget:
1. LETS STAY AWAY FROM SONY XPLOD ALTOGETHER. quality and xplod dont go hand in hand anymore.
2. head unit: if you will be using usb only, then plonk for a pioneer with a usb(3050 or alike). you must alllocate atleast 5-6 k for your head unit. the pre requisites for the head unit must be atleast 3 pre outs. since ur a 'noob' at this, let me tell you, that a pre out is like a dedicated output for a set of speakers, that is supposed to go to the amplifier via rca cables. this is simple to comprehend and any words you dont understand here must be wiki'ed or googled ok!? RS. 6000
3. you next major expenditure(and maybe the most integral) will be the amplifier. the amplifier provides 'power' to the speakers and really refines the way we listen to our music. the minimum you should get is a jbl 604 4 channel amp that should set you back by about 5k. another competent amp is the blaupunkt gta mk4 which costs about the same. both are good performers. its upto you and the brand you recall the most. RS. 5000
3. speakers:
now there is a pre conceived notion that sound in cars emanates from the back and is complemented by tiny speakers in the front. this is wrong!!!!!! you must have very good quality speakers directed at you, and if you seem to be driving most of the time then you must get good quality components. my suggestion is the Illusion Audio Electra EL 6.1 6.5" components. most component systems have 3 parts: midbass, tweeter and crossover. referring to your earlier post, 6.5" is the diameter of the midbass component of the speaker.
the cost for the components will 7k. contact bass&trouble on this forum for the same.
the components will need to be driven by the amp. RS. 7000
4. for the speakers at the rear, any 6 inch speakers will do provided they play well off the head unit(these will NOT be powered by the amplifier) i suggest jbl 938 6"x9" speakers on the parcel shelf(make sure u replace it with an mdf one)RS. 3000
5. the subwoofer(dont know if you really need one, but i think its good to have one) will be maybe a pioneer/jbl basic entry level subs costing between 2.2 and 2.5k RS. 2500
6. next comes a the MOST integral part! good installation!!! make sure you have someone competent install your audio for you. regardless of what you buy, the installer makes all the difference to the audio system! RS. 1000 ATLEAST
7. GOOD quality cables from the battery to the amp, form the head unit to the amp and from the amp to the speakers! RS. 3500
8. miscellaneous stuff like an mdf shelf to house the rear speakers and an enclosure for your sub(at the cost of boot space!) RS. 2500


TOTAL: RS.30,500 AND A LOT OF SMILES!
CHEERS AND BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR INSTALL.
prices mentioned are all grey market prices with a tolerance factor of about 200-300 rupees. sorry if there are any errors!


ps: your budget of 20-25 k will need you to make some changes from my list:
i suggest:
1. if you like bass but are not too picky about the amount of bass u need: cross out the subwoofer from the list and power the rear speakers from the amplifier. (subract rs. 2.5[sub]+1.2k[enclosure]= 3.7k)
2.. if you drive and LOVE bass: chuck the rear speakers, go with the subwoofer and follow the rest of the plan as mentioned above! (subtract 3k)
at NO point of time in this install should you chuck the components, the amplifier, good installation, decent head unit, and good wiring!!!!!!!!!! the rest are flexible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok??


post your feedback on this looooooooong suggestion list!
thanks a lot for this explanation and suggestion.
but how to find a guy doing good installation . any pointers in hyderabad?
gsbhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2008, 12:20   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

get hold of team bhpians in hyderabad via pm. or else go to the sound off and show off thread and see each car. you might learn how its done, from the best! and in the bargain you'll see if the thread starters are from hyderabad you just pm them. simple
and if you are lazy then just go to the sound off thread and search for hyderabad
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letz Getz Started (Hyundai Getz CRDi)- UPDATE: 40000, new alloys, tires!!! (page 30) ph03n!x Long-Term Ownership Reviews 598 6th November 2012 00:02
Winters are here : Getz CRDi getz some iCe! aZa In-Car Entertainment 68 22nd December 2010 00:23
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Does selling 06 Getz GLE and buying a Getz CRDI or GLX with ABS make any sense? rm_arjuna Hatchbacks 16 26th April 2009 21:30
Swift DDiS vs. Getz CRDi or Verna CRDi??? Help!!!! roadwarrior Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 12 12th February 2008 23:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:28.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks