Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 8th January 2009, 21:44   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
Hi Guys,

I am not really into music and may listen to FM radio occasionally. I have an excellent sony erricsson walkman phone which I want to use as the only source of music for my car.

I dont need the disk player in the car but somehow be able to play music from my mobile and dont want to spend more that 2000 Rs on the player.
There are two issues with the player you're suggesting :

1. it doesnt seem to be a 1 DIN player so might not fit out of the box
2. it doesnt have a very good amp in it , so unless you are ok with listening to an average sound OR you can figure out how to change the internal amplifier with something that sounds "proper" i'd suggest you give this a pass

There's another bunch of these USB Stick/SD Card/FM players (probably made in china) that costs around Rs1200, and sound decent and also have a display that shows track name and other regular stuff. I saw these at a store on SP road(these actually had acceptable build quality too), i think you should also easily find them on JC road/national market or similar places.
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 22:01   #32
BHPian

well,
last week, i have seen a XENOS make HU that takes a USB and and also has a slot for SD card. It looks too good. But the price is on the higher side of 4K aprox. 50wattsX4 output. After seeing this, i have lost interest in cheaper ones irrespective of how good they sound.

--- Tech specs ---
This is also compatible with the Apple iPod, Creative Zen, and Microsoft Zune, and can play music from users' portable audio players on to their car audio speakers. The USB-based car stereo delivers 50x4 Watts max power, and sports a 18FM/12AM radio, a USB Slot-Version 2.0, a SD/MMC Card reader, a LCD display, a MP3 folder/file name display, a WMA playback, a 2 Channel x 2V line-out, and a 4-band equalizer.
Name:  HU.jpg
Views: 6205
Size:  16.9 KB

Regards,
Krishna.

Last edited by kittigadu : 8th January 2009 at 22:03.
kittigadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 22:01   #33
BHPian

We recently bought one USB player/ FM radio for a friend. Costed Rs.1450 for the unit, 1 DIN, decent looking, with remote control, detachable front panel with 4 speaker outs. its worth for the money we pay.
vinodv001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 22:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
well,
last week, i have seen a XENOS make HU that takes a USB and and also has a slot for SD card. It looks too good. But the price is on the higher side of 4K aprox. 50wattsX4 output. After seeing this, i have lost interest in cheaper ones irrespective of how good they sound.

--- Tech specs ---
This is also compatible with the Apple iPod, Creative Zen, and Microsoft Zune, and can play music from users' portable audio players on to their car audio speakers. The USB-based car stereo delivers 50x4 Watts max power, and sports a 18FM/12AM radio, a USB Slot-Version 2.0, a SD/MMC Card reader, a LCD display, a MP3 folder/file name display, a WMA playback, a 2 Channel x 2V line-out, and a 4-band equalizer.
Attachment 87270

Regards,
Krishna.
Xenos found a chinese supplier to make this model for a few hundred bucks and they're marketing it at 4k.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 23:22   #35

Looks interesting but the seller has lots of negative feedback recently. My advice - stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappy View Post
I came across the following link:
Car Mp3 Player With USB/Fm 1000 Watt gifts in india at rediff shopping.

Do you guys think this is worth it?
fifthgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 20:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittigadu View Post
well,

--- Tech specs ---
Attachment 87270

Regards,
Krishna.
Is not Xenos the same company that makes power windows etc.??
SirAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2009, 21:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Is not Xenos the same company that makes power windows etc.??
Yeah, Xenos also make car security systems, power window systems, etc.
badboyscad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 12:08   #38
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

My cousin bought a USB FM HU with Remote for his bus @ 1100 bucks from JJ Elctronics, Kottayam, Kerala. And a USB FM Transmitter(can hook to lighter port) with remote for Old HU's with FM recievers @ 700 bucks for his Zen which has an old Pioneer HU. It sounds good for the money paid, but durability is a question. Dealers are giving upto 6 months warranty at their risk.

I personally feel its a wise choice for 4x4 enthusiasts and heavy vehicles which has high engine noice(willnot make out the audio quality much ). In a silent luxuary car, one can make out the quality of sound easily, so attaching a USB FM Transmitter to your existing branded headunit (either cassette player or CD player) makes more sense considering the quality of built in amp.
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 01:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Not too sure about the quality on this set. Have come across various brands like these, but not sure If i would want to put them on a good car
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2009, 15:00   #40
BHPian

hmm , actually i use one of those usb head units in my esteem , sounds decent and reads mp3s off harddisks too! will change its internal amp one of these days when i get the time
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 00:12   #41
BHPian

well this is interesting. surely this kind of system is the future.Our phones are compatible, our cameras have sd cards, our laptops have card reader slots, most of our music is mp3 compressed. I carry most of my music on my creative and store my collection on an ext hard drive, rarely listen to my cds anymore.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 18:46   #42
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Can anyone tell me where we can get second hand car audio (MP3 Player) system in Mumbai ( preferably Pioneer )
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2009, 22:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Glen why you want to buy used car HU when you can buy new at that price, How much you are ready to spend. Check some hu that we have on sale on board.

Team-BHP Classifieds - HU Pioneer DEH-P2050MPG - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Team-BHP Classifieds - Panasonic RX222(MP3 player with aux and 2 pre out) - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Last edited by karankapoor : 20th July 2009 at 23:00.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 17:53   #44
BHPian

Default HU withou cd

Do we have any HU which have USB, FM & slots for memory card/USB.

I believe ANHC has that as OEM. As i never play CDs i don't find logic in spending for it, do we get any such audio of a good brand

PS- i did search but couldn't find anything

TIA
Vikram

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th October 2009 at 18:26. Reason: Use Google Search box on the top left, below the car images. Thanks
vikramvicky1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2009, 08:00   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Do we have any HU which have USB, FM & slots for memory card/USB.

I believe ANHC has that as OEM. As i never play CDs i don't find logic in spending for it, do we get any such audio of a good brand
I have been using Boss 750DI and I am happy with it: An all solid state cheapo car audio @ Hacking | Photography | Bird-Watching
kousik is offline   Reply With Quote