Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 20:58   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Guys,

anyone else here is using this USB/SD car MP3 player for long. Kindly post the reliability of same?

Do we get similar stuff from branded companies like SONY,PIO etc. I donít mind paying 2K ~ 2.5K for HU from reputed company than some cheap Chinese thing!
Same question here! I want the same for my old car.
5 pages and no one has posted a proper picture of how this thing looks like
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 11:12   #77
BHPian
 
aroop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 125
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

@captain, check my post on page 5 for the picture

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post1685085
aroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2010, 15:36   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

Thanks Aroop, But I'm more interested in the seeing hte MP3/SD Card head unit.
Anyone here, who has one could you please post a picture ?
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 11:05   #79
BHPian
 
Chipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Trivandrum, Thrissur
Posts: 159
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Thanks Aroop, But I'm more interested in the seeing hte MP3/SD Card head unit.
Anyone here, who has one could you please post a picture ?
My friend has installed 2 of these units in a car. The unit cost 320 rs here and you will need also a voltage regulator since they work in 5 volt. Sorry I dont have a picture right now, but it looks good with a metalic finished console. he had connected one in his Sony home theater too, since it did not come with a usb slot. it has been nearly 8 months and it is working flawlessly.

The newer version cost 350 rs and it has got some advanced display where it shows the song number in mp3.

These also comes with a remote. Will try to get a shot when I meet him next.
Chipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 19:49   #80
BHPian
 
dr.faramroze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Valsad/Mumbai
Posts: 157
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Pagaria and Dapic has very good quality sound and reliable as well. They are backed by two year warranty too. There are those cab wala type usb single-in-line ones and a little decent ones featuring sd card plug & play with am/fm tuner. They have good remote controllers also. Price varies from 800 to 1100 excluding the speakers. BTW they indicate folder and file view for playing mp3s.
dr.faramroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:32   #81
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Surat/Mumbai
Posts: 201
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.faramroze View Post
Pagaria and Dapic has very good quality sound and reliable as well. They are backed by two year warranty too. There are those cab wala type usb single-in-line ones and a little decent ones featuring sd card plug & play with am/fm tuner. They have good remote controllers also. Price varies from 800 to 1100 excluding the speakers. BTW they indicate folder and file view for playing mp3s.
I have seen the Pagaria unit here in our city, for 1000 bucks. But didn't have any warranty. The shop-keeper vouched for its quality, though. Looked decently built.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 14:50   #82
BHPian
 
dr.faramroze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Valsad/Mumbai
Posts: 157
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Jhonny, there is a good market of Dapic and Pagaria in Surat-Navsari-Valsad-Vapi. Taveras/scorpios and Innovas have them. A fully digital embeded microprocessor circuitry such as a plug and play USB reader/mp3 player does not have too many mechanical parts, moreover, the kits used by Pagaria and Dapic are originally made somewhere in abroad. They dont fuse off or give trouble. You can go through Pagaria website for product features and models.
dr.faramroze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 15:28   #83
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Surat/Mumbai
Posts: 201
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.faramroze View Post
Jhonny, there is a good market of Dapic and Pagaria in Surat-Navsari-Valsad-Vapi. Taveras/scorpios and Innovas have them. A fully digital embeded microprocessor circuitry such as a plug and play USB reader/mp3 player does not have too many mechanical parts, moreover, the kits used by Pagaria and Dapic are originally made somewhere in abroad. They dont fuse off or give trouble. You can go through Pagaria website for product features and models.
Quite true Sir, most of the cabs use Pagaria..its an old and trusted company.
Johnny_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 15:44   #84
BHPian
 
yogeshnaik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 311
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

It is better to have a branded Radio of Rs. 2000/- rather than some local of Rs. 800/-
Based on my experience, the cheap Radios may not have STEREO FM. I have seen one and it was a Mono. Secondly the fidelity of the amplifiers may not be so good. Hence the acoustic reproduction of the sound will be poor.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 4th May 2010 at 15:45.
yogeshnaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2010, 14:38   #85
BHPian
 
Maverick79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 572
Thanked: 524 Times
Unhappy

I bought a Pagaria unit with only USB/ SD and FM radio for 1200 from Classic Music behind Sai Service on JM Road in Pune.
Its SQ was average and FM was good too. However, there is no Equilizer / Fader. Folder up option.
It worked well from Nov 09 till May 10. In july the problems started. Slowly the disturbance increased in FM and furhter, it didn't function later.
I returned back to the dearler in Oct again when I got relocated back to Pune.
Initially, the shop owner gave a warranty for 1 year. But when I returned to him. He disagreed. I have shown the date and his signature on the set and then some how he agreed to get it repaired.
After a week, he has returned the H.U with a new board and new remote too. This time it has both the eualizer ( 6 options) and Folder up option. But he charged me 150 bucks. With a great discomfort in my face and relief and happiness in my heart, I silently paid him this amount for the newly added features.
Again, hardly after a month, the FM mode automatically sets on from the USB mode. Some times it doesn't even read the USB. I need to adjust reqularly to get back to it. It seems there is some loose connection.
Even though Pagaria is a big group, the reliability of such systems is still a question mark..

Hence I prefer a HU with reliablity rather than low cost.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2010, 15:46   #86
BHPian
 
mukundmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kochi
Posts: 77
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: 800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette

The Pagaria unit i once had fried two of my pen drives at different points in time.The HU was well built and SQ was also good(powered two 5" speakers) with decent EQ options also.I loved it as it came cheap and good looking .I used it for 2 years with joy,but it was not reliable as mentioned above.
mukundmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 16:54   #87
BHPian
 
indianvirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 195
Thanked: 88 Times
Default Re: 800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette

hello guys,

Few days back I saw advt. of such HU in TOI news paper. It had aux-in, USB, SD card slot and FM. Priced at around 2K. Has anyone used this or similar product? Does anyone know of quality of such product?

Thanks
indianvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 16:59   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
blackfire_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: India
Posts: 1,075
Thanked: 187 Times
Default Re: 800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette

^^ Avoid getting electronic stuff or hardware tools like drill machines or spanner set etc from Indiatimes. I have been a victim of their pathetic service & much more pathetic stuff. I also know of many more people who have faced the same.
blackfire_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 13:27   #89
BHPian
 
Maverick79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 572
Thanked: 524 Times
Default Re: 800 bucks USB Pen Drive only HU with no CD & no casette

Recent update,
I again got it reparied fromt he same guy from whom I bought, Classic Music, behind Sai Pertrol pump on J.M.Road.
This time he charged me 50 bucks. so the total cost now is 1200+150+50= 1400. I think, if I add another similar amount, I can get a good branded and reliable player with more trouble free life. Regret this decision of going for a cheapo one.
Further, the guy has repaired the USB port but it is hanging out from the H.U. So my pendrive would be hanging always. He simple said there is no other alternative as you need to drill and hide it other wise.
Now, I am a bit confused wheather to use this as it is till or go for a new one at this stage.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I bought a Pagaria unit with only USB/ SD and FM radio for 1200 from Classic Music behind Sai Service on JM Road in Pune.
Its SQ was average and FM was good too. However, there is no Equilizer / Fader. Folder up option.
It worked well from Nov 09 till May 10. In july the problems started. Slowly the disturbance increased in FM and furhter, it didn't function later.
I returned back to the dearler in Oct again when I got relocated back to Pune.
Initially, the shop owner gave a warranty for 1 year. But when I returned to him. He disagreed. I have shown the date and his signature on the set and then some how he agreed to get it repaired.
After a week, he has returned the H.U with a new board and new remote too. This time it has both the eualizer ( 6 options) and Folder up option. But he charged me 150 bucks. With a great discomfort in my face and relief and happiness in my heart, I silently paid him this amount for the newly added features.
Again, hardly after a month, the FM mode automatically sets on from the USB mode. Some times it doesn't even read the USB. I need to adjust reqularly to get back to it. It seems there is some loose connection.
Even though Pagaria is a big group, the reliability of such systems is still a question mark..

Hence I prefer a HU with reliablity rather than low cost.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All about USB Flash Drives a.k.a Pen Drive / Thumb Drive / Memory Stick / Jump Drive KSM-Vtec Gadgets, Computers & Software 1 28th February 2012 12:04
How to connect USB pen drive to AUX port? forbhaskarm In-Car Entertainment 4 15th December 2008 12:06
USB Pen Drive speeds and HU vebmetal In-Car Entertainment 76 15th October 2008 23:27
Scorpio slx Nippon HU USB not reading pen drive easyrider In-Car Entertainment 22 13th August 2008 18:40
USB head units destroy pen drives (due to heat?) akash_m In-Car Entertainment 69 30th July 2008 10:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:29.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks