Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 25th November 2008, 20:02   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Hey Abhimanyu ( Hellspawn ) , I heard you saying that it will go more than 155db.

I , being a SPL lover , would love to audition this ride.

Sam , if you please.
Hi, Abhinav. Abhimanyu has just made a general comment, It is his assumption, Its not that he is dead sure, When i had Pioneer AMPS nobody in the world would have guessed that the setup will touch 151.2 dB.

Lets wait for the SPL Test to happen, As soon as the Test is performed, I will post the numbers here.

PS: I am not that kinda a Guy who likes to chase numbers, I like clear tight and undistorted bass, Which my setup gives me to the MAX. It was just on the recommendations of some friends that i went ahead with this test, Whenever you come to an audition, I will show you how The bass blends with the front stage, Rather than playing some Stupid Bass Testers which will not give any idea of the capabilities of the setup. Infact, after the installation of these compos i don't remember when i turned the sub levels to 0. After the upgrade they are happily set at -6.

@navin: Thanks for the support, Will ask m4ugr8 to post in the thread.
sam_786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 20:32   #17
BHPian

Default Pics

So Finally The pics. I will first start by pics of the Front Components!!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Getz ICE Setup-image_114.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_120.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_122.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_121.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_119.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_123.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_124.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_112.jpg (60.0 KB, 169 views)
Old 25th November 2008, 22:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_786 View Post
level to 0. After the upgrade they are happily set at -6.

i wonder if you'd be happy with a single sub too?
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 22:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

sam very very very nice choice of equipment. congratulations on the install. its cars like your's that make our setups look like taxis.. lol!
way to go though
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 22:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi, Abhinav. Abhimanyu has just made a general comment, It is his assumption, Its not that he is dead sure, When i had Pioneer AMPS nobody in the world would have guessed that the setup will touch 151.2 dB.

Lets wait for the SPL Test to happen, As soon as the Test is performed, I will post the numbers here.

PS: I am not that kinda a Guy who likes to chase numbers, I like clear tight and undistorted bass, Which my setup gives me to the MAX. It was just on the recommendations of some friends that i went ahead with this test, Whenever you come to an audition, I will show you how The bass blends with the front stage, Rather than playing some Stupid Bass Testers which will not give any idea of the capabilities of the setup. Infact, after the installation of these compos i don't remember when i turned the sub levels to 0. After the upgrade they are happily set at -6.
Waiting for new numbers and audition.

What is the sub level -6 to +6?
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 23:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
sam very very very nice choice of equipment. congratulations on the install. its cars like your's that make our setups look like taxis.. lol!
way to go though
LOL Thanks Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Waiting for new numbers and audition.

What is the sub level -6 to +6?
Never taken it till +6. Never thought the need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
i wonder if you'd be happy with a single sub too?
Correct, Now i feel so. How about adding a single IDMAX??? My Next Upgrade. But first i need a better HU, a P80 or HX-D2 or a Kenwood 8032BT
Old 26th November 2008, 01:46   #22
BHPian

More pics, Now of the Front compos installed.
Attached Thumbnails
My Getz ICE Setup-image_126.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_127.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_128.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_136.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_139.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_129.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_130.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_132.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_133.jpg  

My Getz ICE Setup-image_134.jpg  

Old 26th November 2008, 08:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Abhimanyu has just made a general comment, It is his assumption, Its not that he is dead sure, When i had Pioneer AMPS nobody in the world would have guessed that the setup will touch 151.2 dB. .
At the risk of sounding offensive and with no intentions of starting anything.. I feel its kinda hard to believe that these db could be acheived with a entry level Pio + entry level ID setup (more so because I've listened to LBM's set up at length),

On another note, please test your new equipment and let us know the results. Cheers!

Note from mod : Please try to stick to logical discussion. Statements which imply wrong intent eg "Unless somebody wants to... " lead to flame wars and are not welcome on the forum

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th November 2008 at 19:10. Reason: Taunt part removed
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:38   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
At the risk of sounding offensive and with no intentions of starting anything.. I feel its kinda hard to believe that these db could be acheived
Panky, a car's cabin can be effectely modelled as a bandpass enclosure (within certain limitations). As you know bandpass enclosures can be quite efficient in converting electrical watts to acoustcal watts (SPL). Let's listen and question.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th November 2008 at 14:06. Reason: I have removed sk's post and edited panky's
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:49   #25
BHPian

@sam_786

Quote:
Correct, Now i feel so. How about adding a single IDMAX??? My Next Upgrade. But first i need a better HU, a P80 or HX-D2 or a Kenwood 8032BT
Congratulations on a fantastic upgrade! Would like to listen to your setup more....I think a HU upgrade in future is a good idea...
Flying Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 17:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Panky, a car's cabin can be effectely modelled as a bandpass enclosure (within certain limitations). As you know bandpass enclosures can be quite efficient in converting electrical watts to acoustcal watts (SPL). Let's listen and question.
Very true Navin Ji. One can tune the car cabin and the enclosure volume, port tunning, etc to match the peak freq in ones car to get maximum gain. These 160 + db doing car make the car cabin as sealed as possible so that there is no air gap left so that the air pressure does not get leaked and max SPL score is achived.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th November 2008 at 17:59.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 21:06   #27
BHPian

please post the individual prices also
NOTORIOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 22:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

great setup sam_786!!! loved the compo looks like a baby id max.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 07:51   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Very true Navin Ji. One can tune the car cabin and the enclosure volume, port tunning, etc to match the peak freq in ones car to get maximum gain. These 160 + db doing car make the car cabin as sealed as possible so that there is no air gap left so that the air pressure does not get leaked and max SPL score is achived.
LBM paa ji, It is a little bit more complicated than that. You see a car's cabin has a fixed defined volume. Even if it not completely sealed a car's cabin can be modelled as a bandpass box. the only differences between it and a car's cabin are
a) since the cabin is not optimal volume the "bandpass" is not optimised
b) since the cabin is not a regular shape some resonaces and frequency response niggles might occur.

For such irregular boxes what is required is a detailed FFT analysis to simulate the transfer function. Hence it is often true that even a simple ported or sealed box will work well if tuned well. GM-Delco-ose were among the first to take a systematic approach to do thing this.

here is a primer
The Subwoofer DIY Page - Car Audio Subwoofers - Designing for High SPL

Last edited by navin : 27th November 2008 at 08:04.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2008, 09:07   #30
BHPian

Great setup there Sam_786
Congrats!!
DjNik is offline   Reply With Quote