Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 18th May 2009, 17:27   #166
Senior - BHPian

That is the kit i was referring to kicker pkd1 real value for money kit, me and m4ugr8 we both are using this kit and are very much satisfied with it.

You will get rca/battery terminal and speaker wire with scosche but then you need to buy separate wires for amps (from d.blocks till the amps terminals). with kicker you will not get rca/speaker wire and battery terminal with cover one but you will get 2x5' 4 gauge wires for hooking up 2 amps.

Now its up to you which one you want to buy.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 17:53   #167
Senior - BHPian

Scosche considers 15mm as 0 ga?
And 9.5mm as 4 ga?
They gave me 6.5mm and called it 8 ga.
I like the brand for its VFM. But, I hate the brand for its wrong gauge nomenclature.

For a good deal, contact our chennai member Bakiya.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 17:53   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
That is the kit i was referring to kicker pkd1 real value for money kit, me and m4ugr8 we both are using this kit and are very much satisfied with it.

You will get rca/battery terminal and speaker wire with scosche but then you need to buy separate wires for amps (from d.blocks till the amps terminals). with kicker you will not get rca/speaker wire and battery terminal with cover one but you will get 2x5' 4 gauge wires for hooking up 2 amps.

Now its up to you which one you want to buy.
Completely agree with you Karan, The Kit is a complete one,with all the stuff included. Actually if you calculate the price of all the components, It comes out really cheap. You get a Fuse box, Two Distribution blocks everything.

And You can power Upto 4 AMPS using this one Kit, Because the Distribution block can Split 1 0 Gauge Cable to 4 4 Gauge Cables.

Infact, The kit is so high in Demand here that the Delhi Distributor does not have any more PKD1's with him, So actually Me and You are lucky Karan
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 17:59   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Scosche considers 15mm as 0 ga?
And 9.5mm as 4 ga?
They gave me 6.5mm and called it 8 ga.
I like the brand for its VFM. But, I hate the brand for its wrong gauge nomenclature.

For a good deal, contact our chennai member Bakiya.
Yes, even i was reading the same thing in the reviews on sonic. Bakiya for a deal? You mean on Kicker?
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 01:24   #170
Senior - BHPian

Sathee, what's the fuse rating on both of the amps?

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 19th May 2009 at 01:26.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2009, 09:21   #171
Senior - BHPian

This is why scosche is cheep compared to kicker, as manan said the kicker kit is not available in delhi it will be difficult for you to source one if you can import it fron usa nothing like it.

@abhinav the fuse rating for ca 1500 is 80A and for ca 470 it is 60A
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:29   #172
BHPian

I Got my install done 2 days back, without the kicker kit. The kicker PKD1 is available for almost 1/3rd its price for just 4,600 in Singapore. Since i already had the polycab 25SqMM cable with me, I installed them in the way Sam had suggested(2 wires for 2 amps). I will get my kicker kit in 2 months time, untill then I think it is a good compromise to use the polycab wiring as i cant wait 2 months for the install. Please do not curse me for all these queries I have asked you and still doing this, this is just a make shift plan. I'm saving a lot from this which I can use on something else. there is not many pictures of the install in progress as it was finished late in the night, I would take some nice pictures of the setup and post them later.

Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-210520091315.jpg

The gains have been kept at the minimum. but still it gets really loud. What changes would happen to the Sub once the run-in period of 40 hours is done?
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:35   #173
Senior - BHPian

Congrats !!!
Can you shed some light how the amplifiers are mounted, The pic you had attached show it but i am not able to make out.

You can always upgrade your wires later and do you have any link for kicker wiring kit.
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:41   #174
BHPian

The amplifiers and the subwoofer box are a single unit, i'm not sure how i can explain. I dont have any link for the kicker wires, if you want i can PM you the shops name and address.
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:43   #175
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, Those HK AMPS look really good. And the iD Sub in between them looks even killer. Can we have a short review?? How is the Sub performing on the new MONO??
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:49   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
The amplifiers and the subwoofer box are a single unit, i'm not sure how i can explain. I dont have any link for the kicker wires, if you want i can PM you the shops name and address.
I think that there is a wing on the subwoofer box extending across and outside the subwoofer box and the amplifiers are mounted on those wings thereby making it a single unit.

Sathee I shudder to think what that thing will weigh.

Beautiful subwoofer, beautiful amplifiers. Please let us know about your listening experiences and if you are enjoying your choice of equipment - I think this combination would be a dream for many

Congratulations once again.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 23rd May 2009 at 12:50.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:49   #177
Senior - BHPian

Actually looking at the pic looks like the amp and the sub is covering half of the boot space, it does look good as manan said but it is not recommended to put amps on the same unit/plank or on the sub enclosure.

Yes, PM me the address.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:05   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congrats, Those HK AMPS look really good. And the iD Sub in between them looks even killer. Can we have a short review?? How is the Sub performing on the new MONO??
Thanks Manan. I've hardly listend to the setup for an hour, I will give a detailed review in a week's time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I think that there is a wing on the subwoofer box extending across and outside the subwoofer box and the amplifiers are mounted on those wings thereby making it a single unit.
Yes, that is the way i've mounted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Beautiful subwoofer, beautiful amplifiers. Please let us know about your listening experiences and if you are enjoying your choice of equipment - I think this combination would be a dream for many

Congratulations once again.
Thanks a lot Sam, I cant accept more. The combination is awesome. but i'm not using the full potential of the amp. the gains are set at low levels, but still I could have a feel about the potential of the amps & the sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Actually looking at the pic looks like the amp and the sub is covering half of the boot space, it does look good as manan said but it is not recommended to put amps on the same unit/plank or on the sub enclosure.
The enclosure is now pushed toowards the rear seats, it does not take up much space. the subwoofer box and the amp plank shares the same base. Why do you say so?

Last edited by sathee46 : 23rd May 2009 at 13:07.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:25   #179
Senior - BHPian

Good to see the install is done, Sathee! Congrats, it is all looking good!

From the pic, I think Sam has described the setup accurately.

Don't worry about the wires right now. With this kind of (really good) equipment, I'd personally have chosen only a quality wiring kit meant for a car audio installation. But that's just me, and anyway using good quality wire meant for home electricals should do the job -- there are many others on the forum doing the same.

I'd also have preferred to mount the amps onto an MDF board, and the board onto the frame behind the seats, and not onto the sub-box. But I'd have done it exactly the way you've got it done, with the amps mounted vertically on each side of where the sub-box would be placed.

The Sub will sound even better once it breaks in. I don't know if the mono has a bass-boost on it, and if it does, do turn it off. Most installers have a habit of turning it on and jacking the bass-level up so the customers are in awe of his uh, tuning skills (*rolling eyes*). You can also adjust the bass levels in the HU downward, and turn off any loudness settings to make it sound even better. With the amount of power you are feeding the sub, it will not need any extra processing help to sound good.

Do let us know how you find the setup once you have listened to it for a bit. And do post better pics when you can.

Enjoy!

Last edited by hydrashok : 23rd May 2009 at 13:28.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2009, 20:05   #180
BHPian

Question

Once again I need help from you guys. I read the Gain setting simplified thread, I could understand things which is given for the 4-channel amplifiers a bit. But i'm totally blank on the mono's tuning options. My installer has tuned the amplifier himself keeping the gains low. I like the music, but I have a feeling that it is not balanced. The 4-channel is actually taking over the mono. Also there is a change in the way the 4-channel sounds. There are lot of options in both the amplifiers which i'm not able to understand. I can understand setting the gain part but it would be really helpful if someone can explain me in a simple way what the others do (Especialy the Sub-sonic part) or atleast tell me which would be the best.

I'm giving the pictures of the tuning options present in the Amps. I can understand what they do from the amplifier manul, but I do not know which would be the best setting. My question may be noob, but i could use some help here. I do not want to go to my installer for getting it to sound the way I like it, He does tune it the way i want but that is only if i explain him what i want, that i'm not able to tell him. I would love to know how to tune my equipment.

The 4-channel
Name:  DSCN0804.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  158.1 KB

The Mono (The part marked DBO in the below picture is marked as Sub-sonic in my amplifier)
Name:  image_15053_91_v1.jpeg
Views: 936
Size:  26.5 KB

Last edited by sathee46 : 24th May 2009 at 20:08.