Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 27th May 2009, 20:07   #196
BHPian

Finally I got the tuning done by just following what the gurus told me, Boy the setup sounds way better now. The sub blends in so well. Previously I was not able to go over volumes of 14-16, now i can go till 40. The sub is a great value addition it's sounds good which ever volume I'm in. just back from my tuning so cant say much. I took a few pictures in day light for you guys to have a look. Still there are a few finishing touches to be done.

Thanks to Hydrashok & navin for litreally tuning my setup siting miles away from the car. Even the Gain settings simplified thread was a lot of help.
Attached Images

Last edited by sathee46 : 27th May 2009 at 20:08.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 19:22   #197
BHPian

The setup looks very neat. Why dont you cover the place below the sub with carpet?
The wood below is noticable.
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 19:25   #198
BHPian

Thanks!! I'm getting a replacement rubber mat to be cut to the shape. It's part of my finishing touches. I will get it done over the weekend.
Old 29th May 2009, 01:24   #199
Senior - BHPian

sathee46 those HK amps looks very sexy. Congrats, you are lucky to get your hands on IDQV2.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 07:46   #200
BHPian

sir, review of the ca1500m please !!!
VOiLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 09:53   #201
BHPian

I did a trip to pondy just to listen to my ICE. I had a wonderful experience, and I'm really disappointed that my weekend is over.

I had already reviewed/compared the setup once before http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1306646, here is another brief review of the current ICE in my car

Harman Kardon CA1500 along with Image Dynamics IDQ12 V2 D4

Incredible would be an understatement, its the cleanest bass I've ever heard in any music anywhere. I just love it, clean, hard & low. I could not imagine what it would be like when I use all the power from the CA1500 with the newer/better ID Subs which are meant to handle this kind of power. But yet this Combo just rocks the car. After adding these I had to totally cut off any bass going to my components as the subwoofer is already rattling the car. So clear sound with heart-stopping bass (Not the bone jarring one I've usually come across) when the knob is turned a bit. The Gain control knob looks so cool, it can totally kill the sub if needed. It is very handy. It can be an angel when you want it, turn the knob it brings the devil out. This type of bass is one thing I always wanted - SQ (angel) all the time, a little SPL (devil) when needed.

The musical capabilities of the IDQ are amazing. I hope not many words are needed for the Sub as it's already a known performer and a lot has been told & reviewed by the gurus. I bought this totally due to Team Bhp & Nitrous, I'm happy for what I got.

All of the bass from the amp is clean and smooth, the lows have no distortion at all and does not miss a beat, no matter how high I go. It sounds just awesome, it is a mighty powerful Amp with extreme SQ capabilities. It responds to the frequencies so well, I could say this because I myself tried out my hand in tuning this. It produces the bass only where required, unlike my previous setup. The design of the amp is very neat and is very easy to set up. It also adds to the looks and goes well with the CA470. I have listened to the music for at least 15 hours, I'm already enjoying it. After 40 hours run in period for the sub, I hope it gets even better.

Harman Kardon CA470 along with Infinity Kappa 680.9cs & 693.9i

I get the amplifier tuned. I badly want to show off how they perform (How long will I enjoy the music myself) I get my friend to audition the car. He sits along with me and asks how a woofer could be fitted in the door. Most of you guys must know how it feels if you place your hands in front of the woofer, you get that air pushed by the woofer hitting you. You can get the same feeling on your knees from these components.

Since my subwoofer is more than enough for the lows I keep the HPF on most times, If I dont need the subs I can just turn the HPF off and enjoy music with just these, they hit really hard(I spent a month without a woofer). If someone wants a setup without a sub-woofer I would suggest you get these. I have collections of songs which I've been hearing for almost 6-7years. When I play them in these they sound much better/different, it's an all new listening experience you get from these. I get all these just from the amps, The AVX 800 is not known for its SQ capabitiles. And I can be pretty sure of this because the same setup had a different amplifier before. The amp would do wonders if I'd give it a better source. The amplifiers are pure SQ, I'm in love with them and in return they pamper me with the heavenly music they produce (Not to mention the demon within).

I love my IPod, I always thought it was the best when it comes to music but I guess there are much better ways. My car stereo is certainly one of the better ways. The clarity levels are so perfect, you can even spot the flaws in the recording of the tracks. The tweeters play a very important role. Most setups I have heard had very bright tweeters, either originally or due to tuning. You could tell clearly when and what the tweeter is playing. It's certainly not my taste. The highs from the components blend in just the right way. Neither Harsh nor soft, its just perfect. With some playing around with the EQ they can sound just the way you want them. Very crisp & clean, they produce crystal clear highs and blends perfectly with the rest.

On the whole

I had a budget when I started to ICE my car, I've forgot what it was. But the equipment I have is worth every single penny I spent on it. I'm really lucky to have them in my car. Words sometimes say very little, this is all I could write with my limited knowledge. I may not have given a comprehensive review, if there is anything else you guys would like to know please do ask me.

A big thanks to Sam, Nitrous, Navin, Hydrashok, KK and all the others for the advices, for answering my queries no matter what and for all the help provided.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:56   #202
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see that you are really enjoying your setup! Congrats
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 16:34   #203
BHPian

nice review there sir !!!! CA1500M !! please tell us the price of it.

//thanks
VOiLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 16:39   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
I had a budget when I started to ICE my car, I've forgot what it was.
A big thanks to Sam, Nitrous, Navin, Hydrashok, KK and all the others
You forgot to thank us for helping you forget the budget! :-)
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2009, 18:20   #205
Senior - BHPian

Great Review bro.
The enthusiasm is great.
I am planning to tune my setup too myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOiLA View Post
nice review there sir !!!! CA1500M !! please tell us the price of it.

//thanks
Its for Rs. 30000 MRP.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:17   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
You forgot to thank us for helping you forget the budget! :-)
Yeah, Thanks. Hope it stops here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Great Review bro.
The enthusiasm is great.
I am planning to tune my setup too myself.
Thanks bro, It's a nice feeling when you get to tune it yourself. A feeling of accomplishment
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:16   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathee46 View Post
... Hope it stops here! ...
Unh-hunh, unthinkable. How is that possible yar? What is this? You are at ICE CMMi Level 2, there are still Levels 3, 4 and 5 to achieve. How can you ditch the quest at this stage?

Now the search should start for a better HU, like McIntosh or Panasonic Tube! Right? And then it will be time for better components. And then ...
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2009, 13:44   #208
Senior - BHPian

HEHE this is actually funny the urge of upgrade never ends you will keep feeling this is not good you need some thing better then this wait and see if you can control yourself from upgrading.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 02:02   #209
BHPian

The Best solution would be to go with the JBL Subwoofer Cable Pack which I've seen at a local JBL Distributor and was priced at somewhere around Rs. 1500...
Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2009, 22:50   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
The Best solution would be to go with the JBL Subwoofer Cable Pack which I've seen at a local JBL Distributor and was priced at somewhere around Rs. 1500...
Sorry man didn't get what you are referring to.

BTW nice setup sathee46.
jithudigitised is online now   Reply With Quote