Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th October 2009, 23:02   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
The Best solution would be to go with the JBL Subwoofer Cable Pack which I've seen at a local JBL Distributor and was priced at somewhere around Rs. 1500...
Even i am confused what you are trying to point out there, but i think the power kit (i guess your are talking about that) you are talking about might not be original one. AFAIK original kit is for Rs 3990 and sells for anywhere around 3K.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2009, 23:04   #212
BHPian

Hi sathee46! Congratulations on a fabulous ICE install & thank you for this wonderful thread. I have read the posts several times & learnt a lot in the process.
I am planning a minimalistic ICE upgrade on my Fiesta - installing 5 x 7 components in front & 5 x 7 coaxials at the back & have a few queries.
Can 1" tweeters be fitted in the stock locations (sail panels)? What modifications, if any, are needed to do this?
Does the Fiesta come with passive crossovers? Where should the new passive crossovers be installed?
How does one route the wiring from HU to crossovers & from crossovers to components without altering the stock look of the interior of the vehicle?
My thanks in advance for your replies.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 13:15   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Hi sathee46! Congratulations on a fabulous ICE install & thank you for this wonderful thread. I have read the posts several times & learnt a lot in the process.
Thanks, and I'm glad that it was of some help.
Quote:
I am planning a minimalistic ICE upgrade on my Fiesta - installing 5 x 7 components in front & 5 x 7 coaxials at the back & have a few queries.
Can 1" tweeters be fitted in the stock locations (sail panels)? What modifications, if any, are needed to do this?
Well i have installed mine in the stock location, so you should be able to do it with very minimal modifications. You might have to cut some plastic which holds the stock tweeter.

Quote:
Does the Fiesta come with passive crossovers? Where should the new passive crossovers be installed?
You don't have any crossovers stock. I have my crossovers installed just next to pedals underneath the plastic panel. It depends on how big your crossovers are.

Quote:
How does one route the wiring from HU to crossovers & from crossovers to components without altering the stock look of the interior of the vehicle?
My thanks in advance for your replies.
You will have to wire you crossover from your amplifier, it can be done easily by any decent installer without altering the stock looks. I'm sure you have seen many installs in tbhp and you should have a fair idea of how it is done.
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2009, 18:57   #214
BHPian

Sathee@ help me with Amp which I should consider for Sub for which I opened a thread!

Also you mentioned that by adding only sub will not improve the performance - does that mean it will worse the performance than what currently am getting with stock? or you mean it will not be noticeable output ?

I may change rear and front speaker as I mentioned but don't want to keep that as a rule while putting a sub.
kumar7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2009, 15:42   #215
BHPian

Thanks sathee46. Your answers have been very helpful.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 11:26   #216
BHPian

A long pending update, I got my ICE overhauled. I was very happy with my earlier setup and there was no real need for an upgrade except for my HU. Yet I had some really nice stuff lying around with me so thought of having some fun. It's been a while since the upgrade happened.

I have already given a review about New HU in this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ine-117-a.html

The speakers and the sub-woofer have run in well and I'm in musical bliss. A detailed review coming soon.

Not much to talk right now, here are some pictures of the new beauties which are doing duty.

The mighty Carbons -

Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5914.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5913.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5903.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5899.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5883.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5877.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5876.jpg

Illusion Audio Carbon ND6.1

The little bass bomb -

Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5917.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5923.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5924.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5927.jpg
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5930.jpg

Boston Acoustics G510-44 DVC 10" subwoofer

The cool head -

Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-img_5944.jpg

Alpine CDA - 117

More to come soon
Old 12th May 2010, 12:35   #217
BANNED

nice!!!
the carbons looks just amazing, and hope they will sound as good as they look.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 12:41   #218
Senior - BHPian

where did ID v2 go ???

and lot many people are opting for Boston now .. need to try them soon !!
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 14:38   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
nice!!!
the carbons looks just amazing, and hope they will sound as good as they look.
Do the carbons need an introduction. They look great they sound way better than they look

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
where did ID v2 go ???
The IDQ is still with me, safe at storage. So are the kappa's

Here are some of the very few install pics i have
Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-11052010110.jpg

Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-25032010078.jpg

Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-25032010080.jpg

Fiesta 1.6 S(Q) V2.0 - Harman/Kardon | Illusion Audio | Boston Accoustics | Alpine-25032010081.jpg
Old 12th May 2010, 18:53   #220
Senior - BHPian

I am SO enamoured by these Carbon photos that I myself feel like going in for them. The Illusion signature sound is something that can never be ignored. They sound SUPER sweet. I sometimes envy people with Carbons, as at one point of time, after hearing them in Amey's car, they were like the holy grail for me!

Congratulations Sathee. That is a HUMONGOUS bump up in quality mate! I am proud to see you upgrade to some HIGH quality speakers. I hope you are getting the MAXIMUM out of these by tuning the entire setup well. Cheers bro. Very happy for you!

PS: I love the Alpine SPX-17PRO's though. The tweeter just takes everything else and throws it in the bin with it's oodles of detail and oomph at all possible volumes. The Carbon tweeters are super too!!! It's tough to decide which one sounds better as a package ;-)

Last edited by frankmehta : 12th May 2010 at 18:54.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 20:51   #221
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I sometimes envy people with Carbons, ;-)
hahaha, sathee you better be careful someone's envy(ing) you.

how much are these carbons for? and if you are willing to upgrade your H/K CA1500M then let me know. ill buy it off you.

Last edited by monty9991 : 12th May 2010 at 20:53.
monty9991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 23:11   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty
how much are these carbons for?
35,000 Indian Rupees
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 09:56   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
.... I love the Alpine SPX-17PRO's though. The tweeter just takes everything else and throws it in the bin with it's oodles of detail and oomph at all possible volumes. The Carbon tweeters are super too!!! It's tough to decide which one sounds better as a package ;-)
Thanks a lot bro, yes the carbons are super sweet. But the SPX tweeter must be awesome. If there was a way I would try the SPX tweeter + Carbon midbass. Meanwhile, I'm very happy with the carbon package
Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
if you are willing to upgrade your H/K CA1500M then let me know. ill buy it off you.
I don't think that is ever going to happen, Both the Harman/Kardons's are going to stay with me for a long time

P.S. there is envy everywhere, I have my share too

Last edited by sathee46 : 13th May 2010 at 10:01.
Old 13th May 2010, 11:20   #224
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
35,000 Indian Rupees
This link says 29,990.

Hermit Audio Pvt. Ltd.
rbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2010, 11:59   #225
Senior - BHPian