Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 15th December 2008, 04:34   #1

Default My landcruiser new JVC-AvX-814

For a long time I was thinking to upgrade the factory ice set up as toyota had just installed a cd changer and a very basic head unit.The OE unit sound quality was pathetic.
After searching around various shops in Dubai and checking the DVD head units from Kenwood,Pioneer,Alpine finally i got it installed at Yellow hats.

My set up is as follows:

A. Head unit - JVC AVX-814
B.Front - Pioneer 2 way speaker system-TS-E130,These 4 speakers have 1 LPF and 1 separate HPF.

C.Rear speakers - Rockford Fosgate,Punch series,TS-E130,2 way speakers

D.Woofer - Pioneer linear powered sub woofer,as I wanted a compact woofer in the rear.

The installation took a day and after the set up,I was amazed with the sound quality.

JVC head unit is fabulous.DVD picture quality and the sound affects are in the Bose home theatre league.

I watched the movie "The incredibles" and the affects were awesome.

I highly recommend this unit.
Attached Thumbnails
My landcruiser new JVC-AvX-814-05122008001.jpg  

shippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 18:57   #2
BHPian

@ Shippy: Congratulations for your new install. you have posted only the head unit pic. where are the pictures of speaker , amp, woofer setups?? And what was the total cost involved??
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 19:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

Wow! One month and no response till now!

Congrats Shippy!

Would ask for the same as MnHedge - where are the rest of the photos?
HappyWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2009, 18:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shippy View Post
For a long time I was thinking to upgrade the factory ice set up as toyota had just installed a cd changer and a very basic head unit.The OE unit sound quality was pathetic.
After searching around various shops in Dubai and checking the DVD head units from Kenwood,Pioneer,Alpine finally i got it installed at Yellow hats.

My set up is as follows:

A. Head unit - JVC AVX-814
B.Front - Pioneer 2 way speaker system-TS-E130,These 4 speakers have 1 LPF and 1 separate HPF.

C.Rear speakers - Rockford Fosgate,Punch series,TS-E130,2 way speakers

D.Woofer - Pioneer linear powered sub woofer,as I wanted a compact woofer in the rear.

The installation took a day and after the set up,I was amazed with the sound quality.

JVC head unit is fabulous.DVD picture quality and the sound affects are in the Bose home theatre league.

I watched the movie "The incredibles" and the affects were awesome.

I highly recommend this unit.
Congrats Shippy. I too have the JVC AVX series (AVX 810) installed in my car. Great sound thanks to it's 192Khz 24 bit DACs and 5V pre-outs. I run it off an Infinity 4 channel amp plus Infinity Ref 6x9" speakers and 6" components in the rear and front respectively. Was very keen on the Infinity Kappa series but was advised against them by the dealer as not good value for money. Well, as a traditional Pioneer fan I am happy with my shift to JVC.

Cheers!

R2D2
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote