Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 14th February 2009, 20:03   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So now you are running it at 4 ohms
Was the MK2 also at 4 ohms.

What does the Rockford produce at 4 ohms.
yep, the mk2 was running at 4 ohms, and the lucie will also run at 4 ohm. the RF is a 2 channel amp that produces 325W RMS @ 4 ohm in bridged mode, and i doubt its even stable at 2 ohm. 325W to Miss Lucy is more than its Rated power of 300W. So i think that much headroom is decent for now. I doubt I need 2 subs, so will not think on the lines of a Mono for a while.

Quote:
P.S. How will fibreglassing the door help?
fibreglassing the doors is like adding stiffness to the door to avoid flex. its also another way of damping, and its practical. it makes the door pads rock solid and aids in a better acoustic environment for the baby lucies to fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
should strengthen it , prevent the rattles caused by the brawny amp and components!
yep greenhorn, you're right. but my GZTA120MK2 is not brawny as such. 75W to each side is decent. the midbass is the one that calls for better damping! by the way the remaining part of the doors will be totally covered in noisekill when i drive out of Hermit Audio! the boot is also being damped. i think my dad will kill me when he sees just the noisekill bill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Which means its an alternate to damping.
How much does the fibre glassing cost Frank.
yes abhi. its a good alternative to damping. this is not the first time i havent taken an estimate from Hermit baba before surrendering my car to him. So i guess all the Financial discussions will happen after all the work is complete. its ok. i just realised that damping and sound insulation is a must when one spends so much on the equipment. that's another thing that i will be spending a LOT this time!!!!!
Old 15th February 2009, 16:52   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
yep, the mk2 was running at 4 ohms, and the lucie will also run at 4 ohm. the RF is a 2 channel amp that produces 325W RMS @ 4 ohm in bridged mode, and i doubt its even stable at 2 ohm. 325W to Miss Lucy is more than its Rated power of 300W. So i think that much headroom is decent for now. I doubt I need 2 subs, so will not think on the lines of a Mono for a while.
I think you will.
Come audition my ride you will need 2 subs and a mono.

Quote:
fibreglassing the doors is like adding stiffness to the door to avoid flex. its also another way of damping, and its practical. it makes the door pads rock solid and aids in a better acoustic environment for the baby lucies to fire.

yes abhi. its a good alternative to damping. this is not the first time i havent taken an estimate from Hermit baba before surrendering my car to him. So i guess all the Financial discussions will happen after all the work is complete. its ok. i just realised that damping and sound insulation is a must when one spends so much on the equipment. that's another thing that i will be spending a LOT this time!!!!!
Do let me know the prices of the fiber glass. Wanna see how the things show up in comparison to damping.
Old 15th February 2009, 21:28   #243
Senior - BHPian

hey guys! the midbasses have reached me and boy do they look beautiful! they looks like mock carbons, and the design is surely much much better than a lot of midbasses in the market.
tomorrow evening i shall update the thread. for all you know i might be surprised and the car might be ready tomorrow. but i think tuesday is a safer bet. dont wanna hurry up on the damping.
here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010004-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010005-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010006-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010007-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010008-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010009-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010010-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010011-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010012-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010014-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-p1010015-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Old 15th February 2009, 21:29   #244
Senior - BHPian

That looks amazing.
Just like a Spyder.
Congrats.
Old 15th February 2009, 23:05   #245
BHPian

Awesome Franky!!!

I can sense your next upgrade even before this one is complete... Mono with 2 subs!!!????
Old 15th February 2009, 23:07   #246
BHPian

I have decided not to see such threads again.. First when i saw this thread, I blew up my budget of ICE upgrade from 7-8k for components to changing everything and costing me 30 odd k... and thats not all.. its still in progress..
Old 15th February 2009, 23:17   #247
Senior - BHPian

i have one luccent sub, and my listening style calls for just one sub. i shall upgrade to another sub in the next car now. the cost of the ice is rising at a really alarming rate. upgradation is over, and now after this installment there should be no changes. not that i desire any now. but it should suffice for now
Old 15th February 2009, 23:19   #248
Senior - BHPian

Where are the crossovers and tweeters,Frank?
Old 15th February 2009, 23:20   #249
Senior - BHPian

lying at ajay's. tomorrow will get to see them and will put photos of them too
Old 16th February 2009, 00:18   #250
BHPian

Quote:
lying at ajay's. tomorrow will get to see them and will put photos of them too
Waiting waiting waiting waiting!!!

Waiting for pics...!!!!!
Old 16th February 2009, 00:23   #251
Senior - BHPian

here's a feeler

Old 16th February 2009, 10:40   #252
Team-BHP Support

Frank, excellent pics but lets see the INSTALL! Now lets see if this will encourage B&T to stock the Lucents too.
Old 16th February 2009, 11:01   #253
Senior - BHPian

Your excitement is pretty much contagious

Waiting for the final pics with bated breath!
Old 16th February 2009, 12:12   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Frank, excellent pics but lets see the INSTALL! Now lets see if this will encourage B&T to stock the Lucents too.
yep! dunno why the Luccents just went out and never got back home again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Your excitement is pretty much contagious

Waiting for the final pics with bated breath!
I'm more excited to HEAR the damn things, than I am to see em! But hell, they look HOT. I really dunno how they can be so lightweight and so shallow! hydraji, you have never seen Illusion speakers/ heard em, but when you do, I'm sure you'll love them!
Old 16th February 2009, 13:45   #255
Senior - BHPian

excellent choice franky !!! how did you pay for these component's
Closed Thread