Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 16:59   #271
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

wohooo.. Nice setup franky.
On a scale of ten how would you rate the Electras and the Luccents?
live2drive is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 17:00   #272
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

super clean install frank.Cant wait to audition it, no sweat about the parking space, lanes are narrow and street elements are plenty, work shall be done.
On a serious note, why not change the rear tray, that grill (the 12" woofer grill) looks ugly now.Costs involved is hardly anything so dont say "paisa.."
arpandiv is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 17:46   #273
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Finally the pictures! Nice install there, Frank! Excellent use of boot-space.

Though not really needed, maybe you can consider cleaning up the bottom of the parcel-tray (as seen in the boot). And maybe a black-carpet-wrapped MDF board under the boot-lid (covering the damping sheets and the "frame"). After all, you're going to be popping the boot quite often now, right? Also a long-term plan to paint the door-pads black (or dark-grey) would not be amiss.
hydrashok is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 17:52   #274
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

@hydra instead of MDF (which will make the boot hydraulic weak) He can just use a black cloth.
frank, what are the costs involved in your latest upgrade?

Last edited by arpandiv : 17th February 2009 at 17:54.
arpandiv is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 17:57   #275
BHPian
 
zerocritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
frank, what are the costs involved in your latest upgrade?
I asked him the same thing... Reply: "STILL CALCULATING!!!"

must be big this time!!!
zerocritical is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 18:22   #276
BHPian
 
arpandiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 428
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Thats the sign of a true ICER@ TBHP - spend first worry later
arpandiv is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 20:21   #277
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
whoooooooa!!

superb !!
thank you chiragh. waiting for your gallery soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Ho Ho Ho...... Nice setup Franky!!! and really

Congrats on the final setup.. would defiantly come to mumbai some time to audition it...
tera mono aane de. you will go berserk over it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Congrats Frank!
Would be helpful, if you can tell the price of the cable-KCE-422i.Does one need to covert flacs, to ALAC to play it on Ipod?If yes how can one do that?

Enjoy the music and looking fwd to read the reviews.
hi gill, thanks for the kind appreciation. I got the KCE-422i cable from usa alongwith my ipod. the cable cost me about $12. you should get it in india for about 1100 rupees. but i havent asked. not sure about the prices.
to convert flac's to alac's and to do all sorts of conversions related to audio, i use only one thing. dbpoweramp. its a great all-in-one solution.
ipods dont play flacs but they play alacs. so download flacs and then convert. nice quality files with not too much loss of quality.



Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
wohooo.. Nice setup franky.
On a scale of ten how would you rate the Electras and the Luccents?

id say the electras are great speakers, but overall the luccent trumps it in all aspects. totally. id say if the luccent is a 10, then the electra is an 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
super clean install frank.Cant wait to audition it, no sweat about the parking space, lanes are narrow and street elements are plenty, work shall be done.
On a serious note, why not change the rear tray, that grill (the 12" woofer grill) looks ugly now.Costs involved is hardly anything so dont say "paisa.."
ill take you alto 1.1 for the 9887. deal????? i can throw in some old kenwood paper cones that came with my esteem. whatsay????

i have the tray in mind. but soon. for now let me enjoy my music. cropping and cutting, i have forgotten to listen to music. i really enjoyed the drive back today. good music after 15 days!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Finally the pictures! Nice install there, Frank! Excellent use of boot-space.

Though not really needed, maybe you can consider cleaning up the bottom of the parcel-tray (as seen in the boot). And maybe a black-carpet-wrapped MDF board under the boot-lid (covering the damping sheets and the "frame"). After all, you're going to be popping the boot quite often now, right? Also a long-term plan to paint the door-pads black (or dark-grey) would not be amiss.
thank you hydraji. points noted. i am going to spruce up things soon. need to get the interiors of the car cleaned up. full on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
@hydra instead of MDF (which will make the boot hydraulic weak) He can just use a black cloth.
frank, what are the costs involved in your latest upgrade?
costs..... breakup coming soon. will need to see how much of the money from the bank a/c is depleted in the last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
I asked him the same thing... Reply: "STILL CALCULATING!!!"

must be big this time!!!
yes, its the largest amount i have spent on ICE in one go, by a looooooong shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Thats the sign of a true ICER@ TBHP - spend first worry later
i remember a particular alto, that was going to get a bass tube and then got a full blown jugni drive ice!!!! memories need to be refreshed. whats your next upgrade???
frankmehta is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 21:05   #278
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gill
if you can tell the price of the cable-KCE-422i.
Costs 2k in chennai.
nitrous is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 21:11   #279
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

some more random pictures. note the quirky shape of the enclosure!

PS: pics taken by bass&trouble.
Attached Thumbnails
Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-1.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-2.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-3.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-4.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-5.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-6.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-7.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-8.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-9.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-10.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-11.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-12.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-14.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-15.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-16.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-17.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-18.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-19.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-20.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-21.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-22.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-23.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-24.jpg  

Frankmehta’s eS(Q)teem®: Eclipse| Illusion Audio| DLS| Genesis| Monster|Hermit-frank-esteem-25.jpg  

frankmehta is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 21:14   #280
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Costs 2k in chennai.

thats expensive nitrous! i paid slightly more than that for both, the ipod and the cable together!!!!!!! in usa
frankmehta is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 21:39   #281
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
thats expensive nitrous! i paid slightly more than that for both, the ipod and the cable together!!!!!!! in usa
of course.
WE got one for a member here.Thats how I know. I know nothing about apple products.
Whats the MRP of it in India?
nitrous is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 21:40   #282
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Doc. I was keeping a watch on the thread. Closely and was waiting for final pics. Simply love the system.
An Amazing Combo. Do give a detailed report .
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 22:06   #283
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

So finally its done. Nice install Frank. Good utilization of space in boot with the new sub enclosure. Much cleaner than the earlier one.

And once again i would ask whats the volume of the enclosure

P.S. I will go again through the thread again. My brain is in Hibernation!!!!
abhibh is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 22:59   #284
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Doc. I was keeping a watch on the thread. Closely and was waiting for final pics. Simply love the system.
An Amazing Combo. Do give a detailed report .
thank you thank you thank you!
will surely start on a report of each of the components soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
So finally its done. Nice install Frank. Good utilization of space in boot with the new sub enclosure. Much cleaner than the earlier one.

And once again i would ask whats the volume of the enclosure

P.S. I will go again through the thread again. My brain is in Hibernation!!!!
thanks abhibh!!!!
the volume of the enclosure is 1.65 Cu Ft, as per the dimensions.
frankmehta is offline  
Old 17th February 2009, 23:08   #285
BHPian
 
adityamunshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baroda
Posts: 771
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Nice install frank. Those lucies look great! I wish B&T would stock them again.

BTW, Are the crossovers and amp mounted on the enclosure ?
adityamunshi is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indica V2 DLS -Indica V2 DLS - Electricals falling apart - 57,000 km update cyberwhizs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 25th April 2013 13:04
Indica DLS / DLS TURBO / DICOR?.....What BUY? musicmanaman Hatchbacks 20 8th May 2010 19:05
vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity abhinav.gupta88 In-Car Entertainment 691 11th October 2009 04:02
Frankmehta reviews his ICE: Part 1: Rockford Fosgate 325.2 MONO+Illusion Luccent Sub frankmehta In-Car Entertainment 23 21st February 2009 20:29
Indica NA DLS vs Turbo DLS vs Turbo DLG greenhorn Hatchbacks 10 5th May 2007 17:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:22.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks