Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 00:35   #841
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

i hope its the one you are guessing. Let the GASing game begin. ;-)
abhinav.gupta88 is offline  
Old 27th May 2009, 01:14   #842
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
wow abhinav! that was FAST. i just dropped you ;-)
anyways, thank you so much for the kind words.. I officially know what's coming in your car, and BOY am i jealous. It's just a matter of time before the Laalpari turns into an SQ monster from the present SQL Mobile!
Cheers!
Right word spoken there by Abhinav, the midbass is to die for
It's all the hardwork and patience that has paid off well. Truly worth everything put in there Frank.

So what's coming in that SQ monster Frank are we missing something..
Invinsible is offline  
Old 27th May 2009, 01:18   #843
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default

thank you so much abhishek.
yes, there is a big change coming up, but this time the monster itself will go. the new car is not too far, and I am still making my mind as to what it is going to be.
As for the audio upgrades, they are going to become mighty rare now, as college begins for me in less than a week.
But, then again, I want to enjoy my music now. Enough of critical listening! Now to sit back and munch those miles, listening to sweet music!
frankmehta is offline  
Old 27th May 2009, 10:25   #844
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 393
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
so i had a long audition of the setup. One word. Mind blowing. It's like being in a different world altogether. The vocals are just the way they should be. The highs are just right. Neither too warm, neither too bright. The mid bass is simply mind blowing. It's like having a good 10 inch sub in the door. The time alignment is so perfect that many would not be able to locate the presence of a sub no matter how good the person's ears might be .the enclosure is really big. The tweeter position is perfect IMO.
The tuning is really amazing.
@Frank: now auditioning your car will be the #1 To-Do when I am in Mumbai next!
greenh0rn is offline  
Old 27th May 2009, 10:51   #845
BHPian
 
DocG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai - Singapore - Cali - Sydney - S.Korea
Posts: 870
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
thank you so much abhishek.
yes, there is a big change coming up, but this time the monster itself will go. the new car is not too far, and I am still making my mind as to what it is going to be.
As for the audio upgrades, they are going to become mighty rare now, as college begins for me in less than a week.
But, then again, I want to enjoy my music now. Enough of critical listening! Now to sit back and munch those miles, listening to sweet music!
Cool I guess that means we'll meet soon

So new car woes huh, I'll call later we'll discuss. But my sincere question would be did you buy the ICE for the car, or the car for the ICE?
Anyway seems to me that whichever car you buy has a basic requirement of being ICE friendly
DocG is offline  
Old 27th May 2009, 12:16   #846
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
@Frank: now auditioning your car will be the #1 To-Do when I am in Mumbai next!

please do so. all are always welcome! get your own CDs though. that will allow you to critically compare the music you have been listening to, over years. i always find it difficult to play my own music when someone is auditioning. i really don't know what they would like!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
Cool I guess that means we'll meet soon

So new car woes huh, I'll call later we'll discuss. But my sincere question would be did you buy the ICE for the car, or the car for the ICE?
Anyway seems to me that whichever car you buy has a basic requirement of being ICE friendly

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ow-9-lacs.html

i guess, i opened it already! that answers the question about the car for the ice or the ice for the car. i first bought a lot of ICE for the car, and now I shall buy a car for all the ICE.

As for meeting, yeah, I am joining in the 1st week of June, but I doubt I'll be driving to Nerul daily. But you can audition it when I'm in town also. Just drop in a call!
frankmehta is offline  
Old 27th May 2009, 21:19   #847
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Hey congrats Frank. Great equipment. You have really come a long way to fulfill your ICE needs.

Cheers!
live2drive is offline  
Old 28th May 2009, 08:29   #848
BHPian
 
Amey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pune
Posts: 679
Thanked: 189 Times
Default

Had the opportunity of auditioning Frank's setup few days back. It has really come out very well.Good choice of equipment and perfect installation.

Congrats man ! You have a great setup
Amey is offline  
Old 29th May 2009, 01:21   #849
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Ah so finally Frank all done with the upgrades ? Congrats. Looks nice. Enjoy!
abhibh is offline  
Old 2nd June 2009, 15:35   #850
BHPian
 
shreyasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bang!
Posts: 652
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Today is the 6th day since Frank has posted in this thread. Looks like he has abandoned the thread.

Frank, You dont have the right to remain silent!
shreyasma is offline  
Old 2nd June 2009, 21:38   #851
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Hey congrats Frank. Great equipment. You have really come a long way to fulfill your ICE needs.

Cheers!
thanks. honestly, if i were to actually sit and read all the pages of this thread, starting from the 1st page (and the mini 'Ask the Gurus' thread I opened in the beginning of October,) I would be totally surprised. Quite a long and expensive journey, it's been!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Had the opportunity of auditioning Frank's setup few days back. It has really come out very well.Good choice of equipment and perfect installation.

Congrats man ! You have a great setup
hmmm. i know how it feels to audition a setup with Steg and Carbons and then something with Horns, AND THEN listening to a setup like mine. Hence I pretty much fathom how it must've sounded to you
Thanks for the kind words though!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Ah so finally Frank all done with the upgrades ? Congrats. Looks nice. Enjoy!
As they always say, YES, i am done with upgrades. But then again, something else might come up soon. and so on.... lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Today is the 6th day since Frank has posted in this thread. Looks like he has abandoned the thread.

Frank, You dont have the right to remain silent!
thanks shreyas. naah, i haven't abandoned this thread at all! no updates to be posted.
well, yes, tomorrow I might take some photos of the head unit. Night and day shots. Will give me an excuse to listen to music for more time
frankmehta is offline  
Old 3rd June 2009, 12:46   #852
BHPian
 
zerocritical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 302
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Waiting for an extended review frank...
zerocritical is offline  
Old 18th June 2009, 12:11   #853
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 389
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Frank.. just wanted to know about the FM radio reception of the Eclipse 7200.. how is it..
jinu_joseph is offline  
Old 18th June 2009, 12:17   #854
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default

Hi jinu. It's great. Even though i used it like 2-3 times, all frequencies are available.. And the reception is just fine
frankmehta is offline  
Old 19th June 2009, 00:43   #855
BHPian
 
ghpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 869
Thanked: 192 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post

well, yes, tomorrow I might take some photos of the head unit. Night and day shots. Will give me an excuse to listen to music for more time
Kya Hua Tera Vaada,

don't break heart doctor saab
ghpk is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indica V2 DLS -Indica V2 DLS - Electricals falling apart - 57,000 km update cyberwhizs Long-Term Ownership Reviews 5 25th April 2013 13:04
Indica DLS / DLS TURBO / DICOR?.....What BUY? musicmanaman Hatchbacks 20 8th May 2010 19:05
vRs(q)® Monster : Eclipse | Illusion Audio | Harman Kardon | Stereo Integrity abhinav.gupta88 In-Car Entertainment 691 11th October 2009 04:02
Frankmehta reviews his ICE: Part 1: Rockford Fosgate 325.2 MONO+Illusion Luccent Sub frankmehta In-Car Entertainment 23 21st February 2009 20:29
Indica NA DLS vs Turbo DLS vs Turbo DLG greenhorn Hatchbacks 10 5th May 2007 17:20


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:01.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks