Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 24th December 2008, 20:29   #1
Question Integrating USB Port and Aux-in jack in JVC car stereo!!!

Hi TBHP Gurus...

I have a DIY idea regarding adding USB Port and Aux in, both to my JVC KD-G413 HU, which has neither of them, so that I may be able to use my Pen Drives and Creative Zen for listening to music in car instead of just MP3 discs.

I am planning to to rip off a FM Transmitter and take the input from just before where the audio is sent from the prossor to the FM transmitter and pass it over to AM line in the HU just as gopz has done to integrate Aux-in into his Alpine. What say on this???

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!!
tajender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2008, 21:21   #2

To check the feasibility of implementing this, you'd have to find out the IC that is used in the el-cheapo mp3 fm transmitter, and whether or not the FM transmitter section is part of a single chip solution. I suggest you find out about the innards of the FM mp3 transmitter for a start . The fm transmitter mp3 players are available here for very less $$ DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1)
techn0l0gist is offline   Reply With Quote