Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 26th December 2008, 15:23   #1
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default Help regarding wiring kit

Well this is going to be some effort from you guys.

I am looking for the cheapest possible wiring kit for my amplifier installation. The amplifier is yet to be bought but I am sure I'll get this Kenwood KAC-8401 for its SQ (Budget is the major constraint actually )

I can procure the stuff from India but I am little skeptical about the authenticity.

My friend is right now in the US and can easily buy the stuff from there. SO I was wondering what could be the best bet in sub 40$ kit.

I looked at amazon and found a plethora of options. Could anyone amongst you help me decide one ?

Here is the link:
Amazon.com: Car Electronics - wiring kit / Amazon.com: Electronics

I liked this one but not sure if it will work with the setup. Seems to be nicely priced.

Amazon.com: Scosche E400 400-Watt Amplifier Wiring Kit: Electronics
nitin.dangayach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 15:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

finolex wiring for power, and MX for the RCA's
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 15:58   #3

I am always confused on this. How will be manage to get those small tits bits that are part of the complete wiring kit, I mean those small things, washers, holders etc.

Still, If I am to get one, which one should it be, from amazon. My main criteria is minimum price without compromising the quality.

Please suggest greeny.
Old 26th December 2008, 15:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

Nitin E400 is good enough but i would suggest E1000 if you plan to upgrade later on.

Amazon.com: Scosche E1000 1000 Watt Single Amplifier Kit: Electronics

Rest greenhorn suggestion is the cheapest alternative.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 16:10   #5

Ok two questions branch from this:

1)Wont I be able to add in an amplifier later if I get E400 ? I am planning to add an amp at some point later. Might be JBL GT5 12". If there is not an issue, I'll buy E400.

2)Are the Power cables so easily available ? I mean say 4 gaughe Finolex. What'd be the probable pricing ? I assume the ground cable can be made of the same power cable.

Another few points that are coming to my mind.
*There are few cheaper wiring kits that boast of 2AWG wiring in less than 40$. Any good ?
*Will it be easy to get the connectors like those washers we see in the wiring kit, in the after market ? I can then follown the Greeny's suggested way and wil buy only good RCAs.
Old 26th December 2008, 16:23   #6
BHPian

Power cables are easy to buy if you locate the dealer in your city, they may not be available at every electrical shop.

The connectors/lugs should be available at any car accessory shop, i got them for Rs. 50.

It'll be the best and most VFM if you get good RCAs from there and buy the Powercable from here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.dangayach View Post
2)Are the Power cables so easily available ? I mean say 4 gaughe Finolex. What'd be the probable pricing ? I assume the ground cable can be made of the same power cable.

Another few points that are coming to my mind.
*There are few cheaper wiring kits that boast of 2AWG wiring in less than 40$. Any good ?
*Will it be easy to get the connectors like those washers we see in the wiring kit, in the after market ? I can then follown the Greeny's suggested way and wil buy only good RCAs.
adityamunshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 16:30   #7

So shall I buy only 2 RCA cables ?
Old 26th December 2008, 16:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

if you dont know where to source the bits , then get a full kit from there, whatever you can afford , and get some thicker gauge power cable locally
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 16:56   #9

But then I think whats the use, why not get that 2GA kit in just 38$. No hassels will be there. But I am not sure about the quality and dont want unnecessry hummind and noise.

See this: Amazon.com: Power Acoustik KIT-2G 2-Gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit: Electronics
Old 26th December 2008, 17:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

don't know why but the wiring kit you have posted looks alot like desi boss

i would recommend scosche wiring

i am using their 4 gauge dual amp wiring kit for about 4 months now and it works beautifully

btw even the 8 gauge wire would be enough for a 8401 and anything above that would fit
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 17:26   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
don't know why but the wiring kit you have posted looks alot like desi boss

i would recommend scosche wiring

i am using their 4 gauge dual amp wiring kit for about 4 months now and it works beautifully

btw even the 8 gauge wire would be enough for a 8401 and anything above that would fit
O nahin nahin bai ji.
The cheap one must be the Amazon.com: Power Acoustik KIT-2G 2-Gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit: Electronics

I think I should get the Scosche E400 for 20$ and a pair of stereo RCAs. I guess I should be good.

I assume, i'll be able to work with 8401 or JBL 504 and will be able to add a Sub later, without any need to change the kit.

This is what I've nearly finalised: Amazon.com: Scosche E400 400-Watt Amplifier Wiring Kit: Electronics
Old 26th December 2008, 17:41   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
O nahin nahin bai ji.
The cheap one must be the Amazon.com: Power Acoustik KIT-2G 2-Gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit: Electronics

I think I should get the Scosche E400 for 20$ and a pair of stereo RCAs. I guess I should be good.

I assume, i'll be able to work with 8401 or JBL 504 and will be able to add a Sub later, without any need to change the kit.

This is what I've nearly finalised: Amazon.com: Scosche E400 400-Watt Amplifier Wiring Kit: Electronics
Nitin there wont be a problem with E400 kit but I will still suggest you get E1000.

Don't worry i know people who are running 2 MONO amps with DESI BOSS wiring without any problem so E400 should not be a problem running 8401 or 504.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2008, 17:49   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Nitin there wont be a problem with E400 kit but I will still suggest you get E1000.

Don't worry i know people who are running 2 MONO amps with DESI BOSS wiring without any problem so E400 should not be a problem running 8401 or 504.
Considering the price, I think I am going with the E400. Just assure me if this will work for my purpose. I am buying that.

Also shall I get the RCAs from the US or get it from India ?
Old 26th December 2008, 19:36   #14

Ok guys, just a quickie. Finalised these:
1) Scosche E400 400-Watt Amplifier Wiring Kit - E400 - Buy.com
2) Scosche EFX Audio Cable - A12G2BL - Buy.com

Shall I place the order now ?
Old 26th December 2008, 19:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

yup it looks nice combo theses are the same rca that came with my kit and they are working great

Quote:
O nahin nahin bai ji.
yes bhaiji i was talking about this one

yup you will be able to run a sub at a later stage

Last edited by manikjeet : 26th December 2008 at 20:00.
manikjeet is offline   Reply With Quote