Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 23rd March 2009, 15:42   #31
BHPian

Default Anhc Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My wife's new car (when it comes) will not have a CD player.
OT warning:
Gunbir/B&T/LBM/JB/Blueraven: Guys any of you worked on the 2009 Honda City? My wife would like a CD changer (preferably her old Alpine CHA 634) to be added to this car's OEM system (dont want to loose the OEM looks). The Stereo does not even have pre outs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I dont know about a cd changer, but a cd player is an OE accesory for the ANHC
Attachment 84928
:: Honda City ::
After an hour searching the ICE section on T-BHP, I've finally found exactly the questions I wanted to ask! Don't need to start a new thread now, even if that does make this post slightly OT, for which I apologise.

My mother is buying an ANHC (2009 City) this week and is deeply frustrated by the lack of a CD player option in the OEM HU. Although she has an iPod, she will never get around to ripping her CDs onto it and using the iPod in the car, no matter how much logical sense it may make!

She wants to be able to listen to her CDs in her new car and doesn't see why Honda is stopping her from doing so.

Mr Navin: Have you had any luck with adding a CD player input to your wife's car?

GreenHorn: That single CD player (as opposed to CD changer) accessory, OE or otherwise, is exactly what my mother is looking for. However, our Honda dealer didn't tell us about this accessory when we asked him! Could you please tell me where you saw this accessory and where I may procure it from if the dealer says he doesn't have it?
Perakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 18:43   #32
BHPian

Edit: A few hours after my previous post above, I got my hands on an accessories brochure for the ANHC clearly showing the OEM CD player. I wonder why the dealer didn't mention this!

Apologies for my now-superfluous questions above.
Perakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 10:09   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
My mother is buying an ANHC (2009 City) this week and is deeply frustrated by the lack of a CD player option in the OEM HU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Edit: A few hours after my previous post above, I got my hands on an accessories brochure for the ANHC clearly showing the OEM CD player. I wonder why the dealer didn't mention this!
The option costs Rs. 13K and robs you of a place to keep your ipod.

When I was looking at the ANHC ICE I considered all options including getting a dash kit for about 10K, wires to enable the steering controls to be used for about 3K, and a upmarket 3rd party stereo like the 9887 (about 20K).

In the end I decided that since we are more ipod based than CD based also that once I use an ipod the DAC of the HU is really not used one could invest the same money (33K) or less in getting a 3rd party processor like the Alpine 650 which sells for about 25K locally retain the stock dash look and use an ipod for the source.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 11:18   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Hi guys,

I am using 8GB Sandisk Cruzer micro pendrive with Pioneer HU, the problem i am facing is that the folders in the pendrive are not shown in the sorted order while i access them in my HU, it becomes a painful task for me if i need to search for a particular album in an 8GB pendrive.

But when i view the same on a PC , the albums are in sorted order

I have gone through this thread, As the option of playing a playlist is ruled out a minimum of this sorting issue should be resolved to have peace henceforth.

Hoping for a solution!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
^^^ You are mislead by the PC view, where Explorer is showing you directories in an alphabetically sorted order, when actually the physical directories are not.

1. Copy the whole stuff into a temp directory on your PC. Let Explorer show it in the alphabetically sorted order
2. Reformat the 8GB drive and open it in another instance of Explorer
3. Patiently, drag and drop one directory at a time (in the alphabetical order) from the temp directory to the pen-drive (painful process, but unless you have a manipulation tool, this is the only way to achieve what you want). Allow one directory to be completely copied before copying another
This approach doesn't work very well either, or probably always.

Check this thread for a solution:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...-6050-a-2.html
Glass is offline   Reply With Quote