Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 20:56   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill View Post
Good deal. post some pics.How do u plan to install the mids in I10 or swift?
It ll be for the i10, do the DCX 165 Coax is getting inside Swift.

I actually wanted to open a separate thread on this, now that its come up here i ll ask it.

I am looking for guidance on where would the voice component go for best listening experience ?.

I plan to install the 6.5" woofer in the rear door, the 4" mid on the rear parcel tray and the tweeter in the C-pillar?

(By the way i am istalling this only on the rear for and the DSK 165 upfront)
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:06   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,314 Times
Default

Mi10, do they have another Piece ??

My indica has stock locations for 3 ways - have been looking for a long time - might just buy one if the price is right

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd September 2009 at 21:07.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:09   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Mi10, do they have another Piece ??

My indica has stock locations for 3 ways - have been looking for a long time - might just buy one if the price is right
I ll PM you, after asking the dealer
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:17   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,314 Times
Default

dude, why do you want to put the better speakers in the rear???

are you chaffeur driven?
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:19   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
(By the way i am istalling this only on the rear for and the DSK 165 upfront)
How much is the DSK 165 for?
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 21:30   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
How much is the DSK 165 for?
2009 MRP for DSK 165 is 6500.

@greenhorn you are using DSK 165 if i am not wrong ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:00   #37
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,314 Times
Default

DSK 130's. 165s were out of stock (and importing stopped) when i bought mine :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I paid 5700... for my DSK 130's.

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd September 2009 at 22:03.
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:05   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
2009 MRP for DSK 165 is 6500.

@greenhorn you are using DSK 165 if i am not wrong ?
I paid 6K for my DSK 165.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
dude, why do you want to put the better speakers in the rear???

are you chaffeur driven?
there are couple of reasons for that;
1. I dont want to drill doors to fit the 3 way compos upfront
2. An ESK 165 will soon replace the DSK 165

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd September 2009 at 14:22. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:16   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 393
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
there are couple of reasons for that;
1. I dont want to drill doors to fit the 3 way compos upfront
2. An ESK 165 will soon replace the DSK 165
Maybe Gurus can correct me here but the whole idea of using components as front-stage is to get proper imaging and sound-stage. Putting 3-way components on rear tray could well be an overkill (not discounting the idea per se, but then having coaxes in front is a huge factor).

Yes you will get better sound in the rear, but to enjoy it best (a) you'll need to get yourself a chauffeur or else (b) mute your front coax.
greenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:41   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Maybe Gurus can correct me here but the whole idea of using components as front-stage is to get proper imaging and sound-stage. Putting 3-way components on rear tray could well be an overkill (not discounting the idea per se, but then having coaxes in front is a huge factor).

Yes you will get better sound in the rear, but to enjoy it best (a) you'll need to get yourself a chauffeur or else (b) mute your front coax.
Boss, But who is using Coax for front?
Both the DSK 165 as well as ESK 165(to come soon) are 2 way compos.
no place for Coax in my setup
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:46   #41
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Make pods for tweet n Mid...No fun in using the three way in rear,swap the kits.car will sound a lot better, I think.
Rest, to each it's own.
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2009, 22:56   #42
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 393
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
Boss, But who is using Coax for front?
Both the DSK 165 as well as ESK 165(to come soon) are 2 way compos.
no place for Coax in my setup
Arrey?! Thanks for correcting me! But where are you going to mount the tweeters? And why not go for pods for the midrange and tweeters as Gill suggests?
greenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 06:50   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Arrey?! Thanks for correcting me! But where are you going to mount the tweeters? And why not go for pods for the midrange and tweeters as Gill suggests?
The Only issue is, i hate cutting the doors. Anyways i ll think about it, in case i get hold of a clean installer
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 07:30   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,837
Thanked: 1,314 Times
Default

Mi10, if you are getting pods, you dont need to cut the doors

but the installer needs to know how to make them
greenhorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2009, 08:13   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Mi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 974
Thanked: 1,455 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Mi10, if you are getting pods, you dont need to cut the doors

but the installer needs to know how to make them
Oh? i am sorry, what exactly are pods?
Can someone post up a picture of it?

Any good installers in Chennai, for the above said ?
Mi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW Hertz Amplifiers, Coming Soon!!! funkydevil In-Car Entertainment 5 29th October 2007 11:47
Hertz dealers in bangalore? Chetu In-Car Entertainment 4 12th January 2007 21:50
JBL vs. HERTZ ggoyal_83 In-Car Entertainment 10 8th December 2006 14:44
Hertz Dieci Speakers gunbir In-Car Entertainment 88 24th March 2006 21:00


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:11.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks