Old 15th January 2009, 21:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

ramie paaji has LEDsInEverythingitis!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 21:46   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Hey guys. Just hang on a bit right now. XetaGLG might be able to get a better rate. He's waiting for the company to contact him. might work out substantially cheaper if it works out. Don't pm him yet. He'll put the link to buy it here itself. Preliminary use proves the usefullness of the backlight. Convenient and kinda bling :-) good range. Very good reach. Buttons are soft and register a good press
Unfortuantely, thats not going to happen guys. The company Manager Mr. Cho turned out be a "bekaar". He had quoted me USD 14 yesterday per piece. However, when he learnt that I wanted one for personal use, not for bulk purchase, he quoted USD34+USD18for shipping per piece.

So if there is any dealer ( which I know there are) on TBHP, would you be able to bring in bulk and sell at prices keeping in mind you will be doing a National Favour ?

The Site is Tratech-USA
The contact person is Mr. Choro Cho

The Korea number is provided there itself.
XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 21:56   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unfortuantely, thats not going to happen guys. The company Manager Mr. Cho turned out be a "bekaar".
hahahahah! turned out to be a bekaar is hilarious hindi :-L

Quote:
The Site is Tratech-USA
The contact person is Mr. Choro Cho
No wonder he changed his stand on the price. his name says it all!
Choro is a bekaar!
Old 16th January 2009, 22:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
So if there is any dealer ( which I know there are) on TBHP, would you be able to bring in bulk and sell at prices keeping in mind you will be doing a National Favour ?
seriously, I've been waiting for a long time. instead of importing all these bling lights and stuff, why not something useful for a change?

I wonder how much qualifies for a bulk order. maybe we can have a t bhp group buy if the quantities arent too high

Last edited by greenhorn : 16th January 2009 at 22:14.
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 22:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

arey yaar, guys. its not going to cost too much less to buy this from a dealer. do you think a dealer is going to offer this at the cost price to them??
count duties of importing these items in bulk(which remember, you dont end up paying if you order single as its a small loophole where they label the remote as a gift costing 7-8 EUROS like they did in my case. in bulk you cant escape duty that way), add freight. and it doesnt end there. the dealer has spent lacs of rupees in procuring an import license. he's going to make a margin there too.
the maximum difference it might make will be 200-300 rupees MAXIMUM!
its a 2000 rupee item. you are better off just buying it right now men!

Last edited by frankmehta : 16th January 2009 at 22:23.
Old 16th January 2009, 22:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
seriously, I've been waiting for a long time. instead of importing all these bling lights and stuff, why not something useful for a change?

I wonder how much qualifies for a bulk order. maybe we can have a t bhp group buy if the quantities arent too high
For a bulk order you need to order at least 400 pieces.
SO are there at least 400 interested buyers?
XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 22:48   #37
BHPian

im just wondering!!does the printed symbols on the buttons get peeled off after prolonged use?
i had universal tv remotes and fading was an issue!!
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2009, 23:55   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
For a bulk order you need to order at least 400 pieces.
SO are there at least 400 interested buyers?
exactly my point. buy yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
im just wondering!!does the printed symbols on the buttons get peeled off after prolonged use?
i had universal tv remotes and fading was an issue!!
i hope not, but even if they do get peeled off, there are only a few buttons one uses frequently, like volume, track change and mute. the brain makes it a habit for the fingers to go there subconsciously after a couple of hours of usage. so doesnt matter if they get rubbed off, we shall remember them!
Old 18th January 2009, 04:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the details.

I am gonna get mine.
PatienceWins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 00:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

congrats to all who bought it already. its been 3 days, and yeah, it still works :-P
its great to use and i already use it exclusively to control the 9887. dunno where the original remote is lying in the car now
Old 19th January 2009, 14:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone got their remote delivered ? I am still waiting. Should be arriving this week, I guess.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2009, 15:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

i ordered on the 31st of december, and it arrived on the 14th of January. sometimes these items get misplaced or lost by our wonderful Indian Postal Service, so its kind of a gamble.
Anyways, i have ordered 2-3 other items from ebay around the same time, and they havent reached me yet.
Old 27th January 2009, 18:16   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Has anyone got their remote delivered ? I am still waiting. Should be arriving this week, I guess.
Got it delivered on 23rd Jan. Works wonderfully well. Just wondering if it is a little too big on the steering. Whats your opinion, frank ?

A wonderful thing though. can be paired with 3 different units at the same time too.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 18:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Got it delivered on 23rd Jan. Works wonderfully well. Just wondering if it is a little too big on the steering. Whats your opinion, frank ?

A wonderful thing though. can be paired with 3 different units at the same time too.
True. Aesthetics wise, the Pioneer remote is better. But this remote is more powerful. And the led lighting is neat. I'd buy this again for my other car too.
I think the Esteem steering wheel is oversized , so the remote kinda complements it.
Old 27th January 2009, 18:50   #45
tez
BHPian

guys, anybody ordering this remote? Kindly contact me as I am interested in buying one and i dont have a paypal account.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote