Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 17:30   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
what about the 160gb model? ive not seen it less than 18k anywhere
Even i am interested if it comes for 10-11K.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:50   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
So the iDA is it then. I am convinced. Next step is to get an iPod.
Re iDA, some quick suggestions:
- You can always add a 6CD Changer to the iDA for CD compatibility
- EAC > WAV > iPod sounds quite good
- You can also add a PXA-H100 to your iDA for TA, Active 3way etc processing

Another suggestion: A CarPC will cost Rs 30K, add a $100-300 USB DAC and you can listen to all the WAV /FLAC / whatever you would ever want!
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 18:21   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Hydra, a 160gb I pod f0r 10K is it ? where ? im seriously contemplating upgrading mine.
So sorry! I meant 120GB, not 160GB . Got the rate in a marketing email from eBay.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 18:31   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
- EAC > WAV > iPod sounds quite good
Paji does it mean ACD > WAV > M4A (AAC) OR ACD > WAV > ALAC

If i fill ipod with ALAC's will an iPod ready HU be able to play ALAC ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 02:34   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Paji does it mean ACD > WAV > M4A (AAC) OR ACD > WAV > ALAC

If i fill ipod with ALAC's will an iPod ready HU be able to play ALAC ?
Yes my friend, I meant Audio CD Ripped to WAV through Exact Audio Copy, add files manually to iTunes and then sync to iPod. Any audio file that plays on your iPod will play on an iPod ready HU.

I mostly have WAVs on my iPod and they play on Alpine, Kenwood and Pioneer HUs with no issues. WAV files dont carry any tag info, so when you add them to iTunes they will appear as their file name. But once you sort them, add and correct the tag info from within iTunes, all that info (except cover art) is accessible just like any MP3 tag.

A 160gb iPod will hold 225-260 full length uncompressed CDs! Who needs compressed files anymore!

Cheers!
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 03:03   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
A 160gb iPod will hold 225-260 full length uncompressed CDs! Who needs compressed files anymore!
Cheers!

But Bhajee where from or why to buy all those CD's ...

TBHP does not condone, promote or advoate piracy

Last edited by navin : 11th February 2009 at 14:52.
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 11:34   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
what about the 160gb model? ive not seen it less than 18k anywhere
Retails for 12k here. I have been making some enquiries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Re iDA, some quick suggestions:
- You can always add a 6CD Changer to the iDA for CD compatibility
- EAC > WAV > iPod sounds quite good
- You can also add a PXA-H100 to your iDA for TA, Active 3way etc processing

Another suggestion: A CarPC will cost Rs 30K, add a $100-300 USB DAC and you can listen to all the WAV /FLAC / whatever you would ever want!
Thanks for your suggestions gunbir. Car PC sounds interesting, but it will not end in that 40k, right ? I might need an amp, woofer etc.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 14:57   #23
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
WAV files dont carry any tag info, so when you add them to iTunes they will appear as their file name.

But once you sort them, add and correct the tag info from within iTunes, all that info (except cover art) is accessible just like any MP3 tag.
This is good to know Gunbir.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 15:01   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Retails for 12k here. I have been making some enquiries.
Fat chance. The 120GB itself costs some 13k. Plus is 160GB available in India ?

I have a 10% eBay voucher. Let me know if you are game for buying it online
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 15:16   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 445 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Fat chance. The 120GB itself costs some 13k. Plus is 160GB available in India ?

I have a 10% eBay voucher. Let me know if you are game for buying it online
Please call up Mercy Electronics & see that the 160GB IS available for the price mentioned above. Since you said FAT chance, that means there is more chance, you should have said SLIM chance.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 22:32   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
add a $100-300 USB DAC
Interesting! Please explain in detail,ji.

@John: $265+$240(12k for the Ipod)? Are you mad?
Get the 9886 which would take a USB drive and you have two options:
1.Get a 16GB USB(flash) drive for a measly(relative) 1300 bucks
2.Get a 250GB USB(portable disk)drive for 3-4k
Links: eBay India: Western Digital 250 GB External Hard Drive + FREE GIFT (item 220358594877 end time 16-Feb-2009 12:00:00 IST)
eBay India: Western Digital Passport 160 GB USB vat incl. 160GB (item 190285249897 end time 12-Feb-2009 01:00:00 IST)
eBay India: Transcend StoreJet 250GB 250 gb 2.5" External USB HDD (item 190285016460 end time 17-Feb-2009 10:00:00 IST)

Imagine the savings.
This is what I'm going to do.
PS: I've never owned an ipod and probably never will.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 22:44   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Interesting! Please explain in detail,ji.

@John: $265+$240(12k for the Ipod)? Are you mad?
Get the 9886 which would take a USB drive and you have two options:

Imagine the savings.
This is what I'm going to do.
So how much for the 9886 ? Sadly it has no Bluetooth in-built at that price point.

e_l, you can always use my 10% ebay voucher. :
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2009, 23:43   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Thrissur/Hyderabad
Posts: 77
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
2.Get a 250GB USB(portable disk)drive for 3-4k
Will a USB HD be supported in HU's like 9886 and pio 6050?
I've read it somewhere that it wont be supported.
ameenmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 00:14   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameenmaj View Post
Will a USB HD be supported in HU's like 9886 and pio 6050?
I've read it somewhere that it wont be supported.
I guess the HDD should be FAT32 formatted.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 00:25   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 978
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
I guess the HDD should be FAT32 formatted.
and another problem is probably regarding HU not being able to supply enough power required to operate HDD.
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing a single-din player into a double-din slot rattimehra In-Car Entertainment 21 29th April 2016 21:09
Double Din DVD HU Thread: JVC KW-AVX800 \ Alpine IVA-W200 \ Pioneer AVH-P6850 vittalnrv In-Car Entertainment 95 14th April 2015 20:06
Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB Invinsible In-Car Entertainment 797 2nd June 2012 20:49
Is it 2 Player(MP3 Player & DVD player) Possible in my i10? camon In-Car Entertainment 4 17th October 2010 11:35
Sony DSX-S200 Digital Media Player vrrraju In-Car Entertainment 4 7th September 2010 16:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks