Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 11:45   #16
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Since price was your only factor, why didn't you consider JBL 608 < 4K grey?
Yes price was a big factor but he also made it clear that he doesn't like over accentuated high frequencies .

@desideep:If you can pm your email id,i can mail you the pics.

Last edited by hellspawn : 6th February 2009 at 11:51.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 13:55   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

I think Jbl 608 has control over that ? (I might be wrong)

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 6th February 2009 at 13:57.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 14:02   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think Jbl 608 has control over that ? (I might be wrong)
Highs can be very well controlled through the crossover as well as HU.

..to quote Sam here.. he told that JBL 608s are made warmer sounding than their predecessors (607s) based on the feedback collected from various countries.

Edit: I dont think the user in question auditioned JBLs, so no question of relatively high or low "high frequencies".

Last edited by panky12345 : 6th February 2009 at 14:04.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 14:03   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

meh, the man has made his choice and he's happy with it. let him enjoy the music for at least a short while before we spread upgraditis to him
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 14:29   #20
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I think Jbl 608 has control over that ? (I might be wrong)
Yup it does...0 db and -6db

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Highs can be very well controlled through the crossover as well as HU.

..to quote Sam here.. he told that JBL 608s are made warmer sounding than their predecessors (607s) based on the feedback collected from various countries.

Edit: I dont think the user in question auditioned JBLs, so no question of relatively high or low "high frequencies".
Well the user told me in particular that he doesnt like treble too much,hence one of the reasons why the jbls weren't recommended to him.

And as long as the user is happy,its alright since in the end its all about the music....You should channel your energies for something constructive!!
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 14:51   #21
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
And as long as the user is happy,its alright since in the end its all about the music....You should channel your energies for something constructive!!
Dude.. all I wanted to ask if price was the only factor, why not JBLs grey..much cheaper, better product! Whats with my energy levels?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 17:46   #22
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Dude.. all I wanted to ask if price was the only factor, why not JBLs grey..much cheaper, better product! Whats with my energy levels?
If you go through my earlier posts,i have mentioned that he didnt want speakers with too much emphasis on the highs.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 18:41   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,317 Times
Default

while the 608's are warmer than the 607, thats still relatively. the 607's were pretty bright to begin with!
I heard a 938, and yes, they did sound warmer than the 937, they still had that metallic sound - you wont get that from the bull's , even from their 6x9's
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 21:00   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Dude.. all I wanted to ask if price was the only factor, why not JBLs grey..much cheaper, better product! Whats with my energy levels?
Ok lets all cool it.

Hey Panky. actually i did not go for any thing in Grey cause lately what ever i buy breaks. so i would better spend a lil more so that i can bugger some people and get things done for my self in case any thing breaks. say like in this case if the speakers break of develop a fault. HELLSPAWN would have a brand new friend the.. hehehe.

and yes i am VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THE BULL HITTING MY ZEN
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 10:11   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,652
Thanked: 126 Times
Default

very good desideep.. I'm happy that you are VERY VERY happy with your system. enjoy! :-)
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 13:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,601
Thanked: 3,452 Times
Default

Guys,

a. It is painfully evident that the decision making process wasn't perfect, and all possible options were not investigated - but so what? because...
b. Deep is HAPPY with his install, and we should respect that instead of suggesting things - and its clearly not in the usual positive spirit of upgraditis

So please chill..

That said, Deep bhai, if things you buy break, shouldn't you have bought a Unicorn than buy a bullet? (dons flame proof jacket and runs for cover!)
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2009, 13:35   #27
BANNED
 
hellspawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: noida
Posts: 1,686
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Ok lets all cool it.

Hey Panky. actually i did not go for any thing in Grey cause lately what ever i buy breaks. so i would better spend a lil more so that i can bugger some people and get things done for my self in case any thing breaks. say like in this case if the speakers break of develop a fault. HELLSPAWN would have a brand new friend the.. hehehe.

and yes i am VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THE BULL HITTING MY ZEN
Though nothing should go wrong but yes,rest assured that if it does,GYRO will be there to take care of your problems.And i thought we already were friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guys,

a. It is painfully evident that the decision making process wasn't perfect, and all possible options were not investigated - but so what? because...
b. Deep is HAPPY with his install, and we should respect that instead of suggesting things - and its clearly not in the usual positive spirit of upgraditis

So please chill..

That said, Deep bhai, if things you buy break, shouldn't you have bought a Unicorn than buy a bullet? (dons flame proof jacket and runs for cover!)
Newsflash:A person wearing a flame proof jacket was run over by a speeding bullet .
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 8th February 2009, 22:40   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
Though nothing should go wrong but yes,rest assured that if it does,GYRO will be there to take care of your problems.And i thought we already were friends


Newsflash:A person wearing a flame proof jacket was run over by a speeding bullet .
hehehe we are but beleive me then you will have another one thats why i said "Brand new"

any ways. reached bathinda today. every one who heard the setup was really impressed specially. i may have to pick up couple of more sets for Bathinda.

PHAMILLY MAN see lets not get into bullet cause if you hear my bullet story you will pay me to stop and move ahead and throw the bullet down the ditch.
and also BUllet alreay has a tendancy to break so it lives up to my expectation. if i would have had the UNI then i would have been disapointed by my self. though i do have a RX100 that has been converted into a 135 5s that runns like a dream and rips like you put some petrol on a doogs back side (you will have to try this one, i know because i was a naughty and a cruel child). and my CBZ is still in runnin even after 10 months of the ownership. but this is another story for another time.


g
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2009, 22:43   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: PB03, HR26, DL**
Posts: 1,086
Thanked: 172 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guys,

a. It is painfully evident that the decision making process wasn't perfect, and all possible options were not investigated - but so what? because...
actually thats true the investigation or say i did not act like a proper Baniya before i bought this, at the end of the day i am DESI DEEP with desi way of thinking. if i would have auditioned some of the speakers i would have been to confused ending up with a botal of desi and then making a very Desi decesion of get some Desi speakers. :P
desideep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2009, 23:35   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Congrats man on getting BULLed. What other equipment do you have in car ?
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zen Estilo hits a Fiat1100 and runs away. funkykar Street Experiences 107 4th August 2011 22:32
Red Bull Racing Cans: Chance to visit the Red Bull Racing HQ in Milton Keynes varun_patra Indian Motorsport 0 22nd July 2011 15:51
Sports Catalysts / Free-flowing Catalytic Converters avishar Modifications & Accessories 5 8th September 2010 09:55
what are free flowing exhaust? diesel_headrock Technical Stuff 3 14th August 2006 23:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks