Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2009, 11:51   #16
BHPian
 
akbaree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 48 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
@akbaree, the HX-D2 will do 4-way active. Sighhhhh....
@hydra: I know buddy that HX-D2 comes with 4-way active. It also has TA. I was referring to McIntosh and other such HU which are considered audiophile but don't have these features.
akbaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 12:36   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
@hydra: I know buddy that HX-D2 comes with 4-way active. It also has TA. I was referring to McIntosh and other such HU which are considered audiophile but don't have these features.
Whoops! Thought it was about the HX-D2.

BTW, I just read my post again and I hope you did not think that "Sighhhh..." was directed at you. I was just sighing at the thought of how I can't afford that HU and enjoy it
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 14:25   #18
BHPian
 
zucchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: faridabad/rourkela
Posts: 250
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

i would like to know how many people have actually HEARD the hu's mentioned above,and if yes then was it in the same car with the same equipments.
judging the book by its cover makes no sence.if anyone has any real experiences with the hu's please let us know.i would really like to know how a hu worth 55,000 sounds.
zucchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 14:36   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
i would like to know how many people have actually HEARD the hu's mentioned above,and if yes then was it in the same car with the same equipments.
judging the book by its cover makes no sence.if anyone has any real experiences with the hu's please let us know.i would really like to know how a hu worth 55,000 sounds.
Very true I think no one has listened to all of the mentioned stuffed above....
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 15:10   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
i would like to know how many people have actually HEARD the hu's mentioned above,and if yes then was it in the same car with the same equipments.
To answer the question, we have compared, side by side; the following:

- Clarion HX-D2 (DRZ9255)
- McIntosh MX5000 + MDA5000
- Panasonic CQ-TX5500W
- Nakamichi CD700
- Kenwood K-CD01
- Pioneer P90 combo
- Alpine 7998

Most of these HUs are from our own collection.

Cheers!
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 15:36   #21
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Wanna listen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
if anyone has any real experiences with the hu's please let us know.
I have listened to HX-D2, Macintosh (don't know the model), Alpine F1 status Dvd HU (with it's processor) and Symphony premium HU. I've also sat in many Mercedes cars with Becker HUs.
All were in different cars, surroundings, countries and coupled with various speakers and amps. So, an AB comparison is far away from any sort of possibility.

All the HUs mentioned above are classified as top of the range, expensive and audiophile (really dunno what this is) kind.
Out of the above, Becker HUs are in a class of it's own and has a special signature sound. I dunno if it has anything to do only with the cars it was fitted into or the equipment connected to it.

One thing common in almost all the high end HUs are that they have less controls on them. Becker units come with volume, bass, treble and fader controls only. Some macintosh HUs doesn't have any other control other than volume knob. It's a known fact that they spew out anything else than Audio cds/SA cds. Sorry Mp3 lovers.

As I type this, my cousin is playing around with his newly acquired Alpine F1 status Dvd HU. We bought the processor too. The speakers are yet to be decided. It will most probably be Alpine Type X, F1 status, Scanspeak, Rainbow titaniums, vanadiums or Image dynamics Chameleons. Amps are F1 status though we haven't yet bought it. The vehicle in question is a Toyota previa. After the install, I will be able to give you an in-depth review of the F1 status HU, processor, amps and maybe speakers too.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 18:51   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
It's a known fact that they spew out anything else than Audio cds/SA cds. Sorry Mp3 lovers.

It will most probably be Alpine Type X, F1 status, Scanspeak, Rainbow titaniums, vanadiums or Image dynamics Chameleons.
Leave beside Alpine not a single one plays MP3.

I did not find the comparison of the speakers to be a correct one...Alpine F1, Scanspeak are good, I would take Rainbow Reference, Platinum as good one...not the rest you mentioned. And I doubt that there is any Rainbow Titaniums....


Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
To answer the question, we have compared, side by side; the following:

- Nakamichi CD700
- Pioneer P90 combo
- Alpine 7998

Most of these HUs are from our own collection.

Cheers!
Any pictures to support your claim ???? Would love to see them.

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 16th February 2009 at 18:53.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 21:26   #23
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
I did not find the comparison of the speakers to be a correct one...
We're not comparing anything above. Will just go and buy what we fall in love with. Lots of brand worship is also involved. LOL!!

Quote:
Alpine F1, Scanspeak are good, I would take Rainbow Reference, Platinum as good one...not the rest you mentioned.
Not good for you. Ain't it?
Maybe they are some of our favorites. Scales are tipping more towards Rainbow Vanadiums or even SAX. They're absolute VFM.
Quote:
And I doubt that there is any Rainbow Titaniums....



Huh! My mistake.
Then it should be platinums and Vanadiums I suppose.

Wait for a month. I'll let the beans spill out.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 23:04   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

are there any HX-D2 owners on bhp????? any one with a mcintosh? zakkie, atleast give us the 'aroma' of the beans you are going to spill soon..
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 23:17   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In my Office
Posts: 2,528
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Gunbir had been running a HX-D2 in his Getz. I *think* JB had been using a McIntosh (in a Merc???).
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2009, 23:19   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

why cant tbhp have a section in the ICE section where dealers and people who have listed their names in commercial declaration post their installs?????

or ATLEAST their own cars?????
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 00:36   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,462
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Any pictures to support your claim ???? Would love to see them.
This was expected of course. Though we really don't have the time to do this nowadays (just got home after a long 15 hour day), we will make an exception for you.

Cheers!
gunbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 01:31   #28
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default Read buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
are there any HX-D2 owners on bhp????? any one with a mcintosh?
Gunbir and JB together owns all the head units mentioned in his post #20. If given a free hand, I would love to take home that Panasonic TX and Alpine 7998.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
zakkie, atleast give us the 'aroma' of the beans you are going to spill soon..
Frankie! Read my post #21. I've already told what I'm upto. Once the installation is complete, I'll post it up here. It may take a month atleast.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 02:52   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

Quote:
As I type this, my cousin is playing around with his newly acquired Alpine F1 status Dvd HU. We bought the processor too. The speakers are yet to be decided. It will most probably be Alpine Type X, F1 status, Scanspeak, Rainbow titaniums, vanadiums or Image dynamics Chameleons. Amps are F1 status though we haven't yet bought it. The vehicle in question is a Toyota previa. After the install, I will be able to give you an in-depth review of the F1 status HU, processor, amps and maybe speakers too.
holy mother of all Gods! that will be crrrrrrazy! sorry missed this post
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 11:31   #30
BHPian
 
Gill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mohali
Posts: 699
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

I have heard HX-D2 in friends car.I am not a owner though.Saving money to get one at the earliest.
Gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bought an Alpine m500 and Type R sub, need advice on an all Alpine SQL setup. Astleviz In-Car Entertainment 1 23rd October 2010 23:46
status of team-bhpians aadix Shifting gears 136 10th October 2007 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks