Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2009, 22:11   #1
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default Advice needed on upgrading my car audio

Advice needed....
Want to upgrade my car audio...
Budget 5 to 6k

And please tell me what is ICE????

Last edited by syedhafeez : 14th February 2009 at 22:15.
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 23:04   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

ICE = In car Entertainment.
For 5-6k. I think you can just get a HU and some base speakers from Pio / JBL.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2009, 23:26   #3
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Because today i've seen a Xplod and a pioneer woofer costing around 3.5k which was 1000w

So can i get some good speakers for 2.5k???
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 00:29   #4
BHPian
 
kURETI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Because today i've seen a Xplod and a pioneer woofer costing around 3.5k which was 1000w

So can i get some good speakers for 2.5k???
Sir u need an amplifier to drive the woofer and it costs money for amplifier RCA cord, Power wire, Enclosure for woofer, Speaker and trigger wire etc...
kURETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 00:36   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Advice needed....
Want to upgrade my car audio...
Budget 5 to 6k

And please tell me what is ICE????
1st things 1st, what car is it ? And since you say "upgrade", do you already have any ICE on your car now ?

As Abhinav mentioned for 6k type, you'll get an entry level headunit and normal speakers.

ICE = In car entertainment
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 11:46   #6
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

Ya i've got a HU and 2 rear speakers of Pioneer...
Its a Ford Ikon..


So kURETI for how much can i get all those things like amp,power wire etc...

Last edited by syedhafeez : 15th February 2009 at 11:49.
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 18:24   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 43
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

there are different types of amplifiers. classiefied in Watts and channels. the cheapest you can get right now is a 2 channel amplifier. try and look for a kenwood 350w 2 channel. i think it costs around 4-5 grand.
softroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2009, 21:29   #8
BHPian
 
syedhafeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 972
Thanked: 330 Times
Default

So is it necessary to buy an amp to put a woofer in the car...
And for how much can i get a JBL amp ...
syedhafeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 22:07   #9
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I have a Swift with Pioneer HU and Oval pioneer rear speakers sitting on the wooden plank right bedhind the rear seat head rest.

The problem cant listen to music at all beacuse of all the squeaky noise the board makes and jumps from its place as and when you go through bad roads that gives another noise with squeaks. What I have moticed is the plank is bent in the middle may be couldnt take the weight of the speakers.

Is there a solution to this problem and I dont want to use the boot space to have 2 speaker boxes sitting inside as swift already has limited space in the boot.
Free Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:24   #10
BHPian
 
kURETI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Have a good pair of component speaker in the front door and have a coaxial speaker at the rear door. This will solve all the problem, yes this may not give u a fantastic low frequency response, but over a period of time have an amplifier and a sub at the rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Will View Post
I have a Swift with Pioneer HU and Oval pioneer rear speakers sitting on the wooden plank right bedhind the rear seat head rest.

The problem cant listen to music at all beacuse of all the squeaky noise the board makes and jumps from its place as and when you go through bad roads that gives another noise with squeaks. What I have moticed is the plank is bent in the middle may be couldnt take the weight of the speakers.

Is there a solution to this problem and I dont want to use the boot space to have 2 speaker boxes sitting inside as swift already has limited space in the boot.
kURETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:36   #11
BHPian
 
kURETI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

it will cost starting from Rs. 6000 onwards, this will include a 2channel amp , power cables RCA with install. Sub you can add another 4000 for a good sub with an enclosure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Ya i've got a HU and 2 rear speakers of Pioneer...
Its a Ford Ikon..


So kURETI for how much can i get all those things like amp,power wire etc...
kURETI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q! Sam Kapasi In-Car Entertainment 13577 11th December 2017 18:05
Confused !!..Cool Sounding Car Audio on Budget advice needed quake6 In-Car Entertainment 77 18th July 2006 11:30
Budget Car Audio Advice Needed Guys thief In-Car Entertainment 22 26th January 2006 14:59
advice needed: car audio in hyundai accent amit_baghe In-Car Entertainment 273 25th December 2005 00:04


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:30.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks