Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 17th February 2009, 19:31   #1
BHPian

Default Which Subwoofer to go along Kenwood-Infinity Reference setup?

Hi Gurus,

I have been always been a silent visitor of these forums and have gained a lot over the last two years from Team-BHP.

I have recently bought a Tata Indigo Vista CS (Thread for the same has been posted at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...cs-review.html (The Fun begins at 18 (Indigo CS review)!) )

To cut a long story short, I have gone ahead and installed the following ICE system:

HU: Kenwood KDC 5039
Front Comps: Infinity Reference 6020 CS
Rear Co-Axs: Infinity Reference 9623i 6x9

Amp: Kenwood 845

Cabling: Boss - Fake, I know. (Didn't go for better wiring intentionally, as nothing original was available in Chandigarh and I didn't have time to source it from anywhere else. This will be definitely changed as and when I get the time - better wiring and damping are the next thing on the agenda after getting the subwoofer)

Now, the reason behind going for this equipment, I will discuss that in detail when I put up my ICE thread in the Sound Off & Show-Off thread (though honestly, there is nothing worth showing off, especially the installation part). But, that will come later as the car is out of town for the next few days and i don't have pictures of the equipment installed.

Please refer a good compatible sub-woofer to go along with this setup.

I intend to keep this as a totally SQ oriented setup.

The few options that I have in mind are:
JBL CS1205 (Available for around 3k with bill)
JBL GT5-S12 (4k with bill)
Ground Zero Titanium MKČ Subwoofer (comes for around 5.5K plus shipping)

I plan to have a sealed box for this subwoofer to keep the bass tight and punchy and to save on the boot space as well -please correct me if I am assuming somethign wrong

Please keep your suggestions pouring.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 01:43   #2
BHPian

I think you must rule out the JBL or audition if they are of your taste. Other options will be Ground Zero or Bull Subwoofer, both are of same price range. You may go for the sealed one since you got the decent amp to power it up.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 02:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

Jaspreet we are having meet in Chandigarh. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...handigarh.html (Any Meets in Chandigarh)

Try to make it to the meet and listen to some setups / subwoofers there.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2009, 14:31   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
I think you must rule out the JBL or audition if they are of your taste. Other options will be Ground Zero or Bull Subwoofer, both are of same price range. You may go for the sealed one since you got the decent amp to power it up.
Thanks Superbhikari!

Well, even my first preference is Ground Zero but Vitamin M (or rather the lack of it) has the power to change a lot of preferences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Jaspreet we are having meet in Chandigarh. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...handigarh.html (Any Meets in Chandigarh)

Try to make it to the meet and listen to some setups / subwoofers there.
Thanks for the invite Abhibh!

I have replied on that thread, will try me level best to make it and meet you guys.

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh
jsrakkar is offline   Reply With Quote