Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th February 2009, 21:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You came and told me to put 4" coaxes in the stock location of the esteem and run more power to more powerful 6x9s in the back despite my protests. I had almost given up thinking that there's no point trying to make sense to this Himessbhai-fan gandabhai.

heheh. there would have been a lot of bass&trouble in the car then
i think the illusion electras began the whole thing. now i know who to put the blame on, if/when my dad sees the final cost of the ICE!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 21:34   #17
BHPian

Congratulations for your upgraded setup!!!

I am using the RF amps in my car for quite some time now and I am a fan. They are great amplifiers to own.

Like you I cannot say VFM or cheap because I bought them in India and they costed me a lot more than they should have.

I have a RF Punch Stage 2 sub in my car powered by P300.1. And my car is an estate version. Still no one believes that it's just one sub giving out that thump.
akbaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 09:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

thank you akbaree. you have quite an elaborate setup in the car. can you throw some light on how the RF amps sound with your polk momo components????
Old 21st February 2009, 09:39   #19
BHPian

I had put up a thread when I had the installation done...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...car-s-ice.html

Although I don't have very detailed review like that of yours, but then I am not qualified enough to write that kind of a review.

As a consumer...
I believe, if given enough power, Polk Momo is a great component speaker. I have heard 3-4 other acknowledged component sets in the same price range and 1 component set which was 3 times the price of Polk Momo. And so far I haven't regretted my decision to buy Polk Momo; they have the best sound when compared to these. But sound is a personal choice.

The only component set which I liked as much is Atlas Hifonics in Satya's car.
akbaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 10:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

I'm not at all qualified :-) i'm also an end consumer like you. Have just been too fussy and highly demanding of late. Finally, i'm happy with the sound quality after so much chopping and changing. Thats why the detailed review.
Old 21st February 2009, 12:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
You came and told me to put 4" coaxes in the stock location of the esteem and run more power to more powerful 6x9s in the back despite my protests. I had almost given up thinking that there's no point trying to make sense to this Himessbhai-fan gandabhai.
Yeah, I remember that. I was the other guy pushing him for the 6.5s in the front.
I too felt Frank wouldn't listen and was fussy about "originality"!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 12:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Good. One more person to blame:-) on a more serious note i do remember both of you'll urging me to get components. By the way, i was reading the earlier ICE threads i've opened and found it quite hilarious. My budget was 5k at the max :-) ha ha ha. And the questions i asked! I don't blame anyone for branding me a ta-ta-tananana tandoori nights kind of fella :-)
Thanx guys, it was a brilliant suggestion!
EDIT: just played that song on my Luccents right now. I laughed so loudly that people at the signal thought i was a lunatic:-)

Last edited by frankmehta : 21st February 2009 at 12:52.
Old 21st February 2009, 20:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
... me a ta-ta-tananana tandoori nights kind of fella ...
So you are relasan to Himmes-bhai kya? Vhery good, vhery good! Saar, otograf pleej?
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 20:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

with best wishes from 'ICE'sh Reshammiya.
Attached Images