Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 11:24   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,229 Times
Default

nishant you mean 785 i presume
frankmehta is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 11:28   #17
BHPian
 
chipfoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: blr
Posts: 86
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

frank what is the price of 786 and 785 in INR are they available in grey? Nishant go ahead with 786 i think its better than 785, read lot of reviews about this HU.
chipfoose is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 11:33   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
nishant you mean 785 i presume
Yes of course. Just a typo. I guess the 786 and 785 are more or less the same anyway. Any difference you noticed?
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 11:50   #19
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Yes of course. Just a typo. I guess the 786 and 785 are more or less the same anyway. Any difference you noticed?
Checked on crutchfield - 785 has been discontinued...
sonirohit is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 12:02   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Can anybody confirm what are the REAL differences between 786 and 785? I cant seem to notice any, except that 785 has been discountibued (I presume since it was 2008 series)
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 12:38   #21
BHPian
 
chipfoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: blr
Posts: 86
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

clarion DXZ786 has got
1)cellular input and phone mute
2) AUX bluetooth transceiver ready
i doubt these features are missing in DXZ785
gurus please confirm it.
chipfoose is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 13:04   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipfoose View Post
clarion DXZ786 has got
1)cellular input and phone mute
2) AUX bluetooth transceiver ready
i doubt these features are missing in DXZ785
gurus please confirm it.
I don't think those can really be called differences, as they will most probably need additional adapters etc.

Check this DXZ788RUSB (Clarion UK | DXZ788RUSB)

I suspect its all the same specs (broadly) with minor tweaks between regions (US version - 785, UK version - 788 and Asia Pac version - 786)
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 13:53   #23
BHPian
 
chipfoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: blr
Posts: 86
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

nishantgandhi you maybe right. all of them have almost same specs the change in model number will be region specific.
please check these links
Clarion UK | DXZ788RUSB
Clarion India | DXZ786USB
Clarion U.S.A. | DXZ785USB

but still i doubt Built-in amplifier canceller is missing in DXZ785USB.
chipfoose is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 15:00   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipfoose View Post
nishantgandhi you maybe right. all of them have almost same specs the change in model number will be region specific.
please check these links
Clarion UK | DXZ788RUSB
Clarion India | DXZ786USB
Clarion U.S.A. | DXZ785USB

but still i doubt Built-in amplifier canceller is missing in DXZ785USB.
It can be switched off. I read in reviews elsewhere on the www.

Anyways, I have the option of getting it only from the US. And 786/788 are anyways not available there. So I guess that leaves me with my original choice only - 785.

What say Frank?
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 15:24   #25
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,896
Thanked: 2,477 Times
Default

hmm I wonder why No Pioneer as far as I remember you were very keen on a Pioneer last year.
Technocrat is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 15:41   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
hmm I wonder why No Pioneer as far as I remember you were very keen on a Pioneer last year.
Pioneer was there in my car till now. But then one fine day I spoke to Dr. Frank. He pointed me towards this HU. So I was also infected with 'upgrade-itis'.

Frankly, I found the feature list very good VFM, especially TA, USB and iPod integration.

None of the Pioneers, Alpines or Kenwoods that I saw featured all these things under a 10k price. And the reviews I read are pointing this to be a real 'sleeper' HU at that price. So keeping fingers xed!

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 6th March 2009 at 15:44.
nishantgandhi is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 16:13   #27
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Pioneer was there in my car till now. But then one fine day I spoke to Dr. Frank. He pointed me towards this HU. So I was also infected with 'upgrade-itis'.

Frankly, I found the feature list very good VFM, especially TA, USB and iPod integration.

None of the Pioneers, Alpines or Kenwoods that I saw featured all these things under a 10k price. And the reviews I read are pointing this to be a real 'sleeper' HU at that price. So keeping fingers xed!
If u r keen there is another HU DUZ385 (double din) with ipod/USB connectivity (no TA) for 129$
sonirohit is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 16:18   #28
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mid West
Posts: 14,896
Thanked: 2,477 Times
Default

Makes sense

So you talking about this Model DXZ785USB?

How much is it costing?

EDIT- I see that it is discontinued now

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th March 2009 at 16:19.
Technocrat is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 16:22   #29
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Makes sense

So you talking about this Model DXZ785USB?

How much is it costing?

EDIT- I see that it is discontinued now
Yes - it's been discontinued, coming for 140$ in US... but still available online...
sonirohit is offline  
Old 6th March 2009, 16:29   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
If u r keen there is another HU DUZ385 (double din) with ipod/USB connectivity (no TA) for 129$
Looks good, but the deal breakers for me would be:
1. 4ch/2V RCA Output (as against 6ch/6v in 785)
2. No TA!
3. 2 DIN, hence heavier than 1 DIN. That might make shipping/carrying it a problem. Ofcourse, price is also higher!

I agree though, it looks much much better than 785
nishantgandhi is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB Invinsible In-Car Entertainment 797 2nd June 2012 20:49
Clarion DXZ785USB Review: shrivz In-Car Entertainment 32 10th January 2011 21:31
Its Clarion's small brother with +bonus! ( Clarion 576 usb ) Dhams In-Car Entertainment 51 28th February 2010 23:25
Advice on Clarion DPX11551 Mono Amplifier kiran1103 In-Car Entertainment 26 3rd October 2009 19:08
Clarion vs Kenwood: Help needed with ICE jonnyonline In-Car Entertainment 8 29th December 2007 15:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:20.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks