Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 26th February 2009, 16:55   #1
BHPian

Default Need help for Upgrade - Getz

Dear all , i am planning to upgrade my Ice .Have decided to go for Pioneer 6050ub , Request sugestion for speakers . My requirements front - component speakers , Rear rounds and in future plan to add amp + sub . Want to place all speakers in door enclosure . pls help with all your suggestion .my budget is 10k for speakers and addl. as per requirement for wiring / damping etc.
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 18:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

If i had 10k , i would spend 5-6 k on the fronts , 3-4k on the rears and 1k on wiring.

You wont require damping. Atleast not until you get subs amps etc.

Good that you have chosen the 6050 as you can add a 4 channel and a mono with a sub later on

Try JBL.
608c for front and 938 for the rear.
Audition some speakers only but dont be sure of the output to be same as yours as you will not be using an amp at the moment.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 19:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

please list the type of music you listen to. will help us recommend components accordingly. if i had 10k i'd spend on an amp and front components. i'd leave the rears aside for the time being.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 00:34   #4
BHPian

Bull is also good choice prefer if you audition some others and see what your ears like the most. I totally agree with Frank better leave rears aside and go for an amp instead. All the best rm
reveal_da_zeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 11:49   #5
BHPian

Thxns guys for your response .

Abhinav : the same reason why i decided to go for 6050 since i can upgrade later and i intend to use this HU for atleast 3 yrs . I also checked for 660 GTI component kit at JBL store here , but it is priced at 25k way above my budget . 608c GTO refered by you cost 7k with B/W ,will try for an audition this weekend.

Frank : I initially want to get only front component ,since most of the time am the only one travelling and can't listen to music with kids in tow( my wifey has headache listening to my kind of music) , however my friends suggested i shud install rear speakers aswell to get the best out the HU and the right quality . My normally listen to heavy metal,fast paced dance beats ,and anything racy and sometimes sober oldies when with my wife no choice (:
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 12:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

amplifer + front component will make your system sound better than front components+rear speakers. i guess your friends must be speaking about the bass from the rears. but trust me, having the rears only acts in making the soundstage inaccurate and fuddled up.
Old 27th February 2009, 15:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Pretty True.
You can get the Kenwood 8401 which is up for sale in the classifieds.
and some good speakers like JBL / Pio / Bull or others in that range ( Sorry dun have much information in that range)

It will surely be better than front + rear
Old 27th February 2009, 18:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, rears are for people who are never going to upgrade to a sub+amp/are driven by someone else. They aid in bolstering the mids and lows (and also in messing up the front sound stage, if set too loud.) ANd if you dont set them loud, then they do not provide as much bass as desired from them. so its a no-no and you should get a sub instead, in your next upgrade

Last edited by frankmehta : 27th February 2009 at 18:53.
Old 27th February 2009, 19:16   #9
BANNED

You've already got some good advices.

I would suggest you to get front components for 5-6k. A 4 channel amp for 4-5k. Wiring will cost you 1k. For your satisfaction, you may add a pair of rear speakers for 2-3k.
That will bring your total expenditure to 12-13k. Aah, come on! That much of an increase is expected when you drop in here. Ain't it?

For speakers, I'd suggest JBL, Bull audio, Hertz, Illusion audio etc..
For amp, I'd suggest Kenwood (8401, the best if you can get one) Pioneer, Jbl etc..
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 20:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
You've already got some good advices.

I would suggest you to get front components for 5-6k. A 4 channel amp for 4-5k. Wiring will cost you 1k. For your satisfaction, you may add a pair of rear speakers for 2-3k.
That will bring your total expenditure to 12-13k. Aah, come on! That much of an increase is expected when you drop in here. Ain't it?

For speakers, I'd suggest JBL, Bull audio, Hertz, Illusion audio etc..
For amp, I'd suggest Kenwood (8401, the best if you can get one) Pioneer, Jbl etc..
The amp is available in the classifieds section.