Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Does that include customs duties?
supposed to. isnt it?
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 21:46   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Now 785usb ships at $159.99+ $10.40 (shipping)

Check this Amazon.com: Used and New: CLARION DXZ785USB CD/MP3/WMA/AAC Receiver With AUX and USB inputs

However, when actually purchased, lands at $184.99

$159.99 + $25.00 (shipping)...not bad! thats about Rs8700/-
This is good for people who dont have anyone returning from the US
Shreyas, check if the unit you saw is a refurbished one or a new. "Edit: It is new!!"
Also, customs duties will be extra (if they apply at all).

Last edited by greenh0rn : 10th June 2009 at 21:48.
greenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 22:04   #364
BHPian

@greenhorn, how much approx will the duty come to, if it applies?

I am still deciding whether to order one or not
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 09:11   #365
BHPian

It is safe to order via amazon? I am also desperately looking for this HU
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 09:12   #366
BHPian

Totally safe via Amazon. I ordered mine from them. They have been there since ages!
the_maassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 09:44   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
@greenhorn, how much approx will the duty come to, if it applies?

I am still deciding whether to order one or not
It'll come close to 32% of the total item cost + shipping cost... i.e. approx 3000 Rs... still it's a good buy... However if the seller marks your item as gift it'll be exempt...
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 23:02   #368
Senior - BHPian

OT: Heard The 785 and live2drive's Setup and truly it turned out to be more than what I had expected. The HU is a killer deal for the price its being offered at, The SQ is simply mind blowing and this has to be the best Bull Audio compenent I have heard till date.

You actually need to reclaim the fact and scratch your head after remembering that these are Bull Audio components costing 6k only. The Sub integration is good enough, though the sub is tad boomy for my taste, but anyways a rocking setup. The BEST budget install I have heard in a LONG LONG time. Well done my friend.

And by the way congrats on the Upgrade, The Setup went from Good to Excellent today. Enjoy the music.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 23:25   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
OT: Heard The 785 and live2drive's Setup and truly it turned out to be more than what I had expected. The HU is a killer deal for the price its being offered at, The SQ is simply mind blowing and this has to be the best Bull Audio compenent I have heard till date.

You actually need to reclaim the fact and scratch your head after remembering that these are Bull Audio components costing 6k only. The Sub integration is good enough, though the sub is tad boomy for my taste, but anyways a rocking setup. The BEST budget install I have heard in a LONG LONG time. Well done my friend.

And by the way congrats on the Upgrade, The Setup went from Good to Excellent today. Enjoy the music.
Thank's mate! I agree, the HU is a steal of a deal at the price it is being offered at.

The Bull components are indeed VFM . Mated with Kenwood KAC-M845, they are producing jaw dropping SQ. Jaw dropping because no one could ever expect this out of components costing a mere 6K. I can still recollect the expressions on your and Abhimanyu's face after auditioning the setup.

Regarding the sub, yes it is a bit boomy but i can live with it.

And yes i upgraded my chinese amp to a Kenwood KAC-M845.

Last edited by live2drive : 11th June 2009 at 23:27.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 23:27   #370
BHPian

arrey manan bro u spilled the beans before abhinav saying anything.
anyways,heard the setup today,its quite good,although the display of clarion is bit boring.congrats abhinav.now time for some pics.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 00:10   #371
Senior - BHPian

Time to start a Thread in the Show Off section buddy. Your install deserves a separate thread. Jaw Dropping SQ indeed.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 00:34   #372
BHPian

congratulations @live2drive, how is the bull component speaker compared to Electra 6.1 ?

//thanks
VOiLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 09:06   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOiLA View Post
congratulations @live2drive, how is the bull component speaker compared to Electra 6.1 ?

//thanks
Thank you. Both drivers, Electra and Bull are good components. You have to audition both to get to know which one's better among the two and what suits your tastes better.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 16:22   #374
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Live2drive of the excellent choice and to other's who have taken a wise step choosing a great Headunit which is in true sense complete value for money. Way back when I started this thread along with Nishant, I thought everyone here would not favour me going in for the Clarion as against the big contenders. But, I took the plunge and went ahead with it against the Alpines, Kenwoods, Pioneer. It's not just about the VFM, its the Sound Quality that matters the most. And it's surprising a lot many have liked it over Alpines and others, and have gone out of their way to get one for themselves.
Congrats to all those who bought it recently. I have forgotten the count on it.

I picked up mine for 130$ minus 25$ reward points, which was the best it could be. At that time Sonic Electronics, Newegg were selling it for 140$ after which the prices shot up. Anyways, here's another chance, until yesterday the price were higher on this site and this morning checked and it come down to 150$. Best price currently I suppose, so go and grap one.

Clarion DXZ785USB In-Dash CD Receivers with MP3 / WMA Playback In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix

Cheers!

Last edited by Invinsible : 12th June 2009 at 16:25.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2009, 16:38   #375
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Abhishek here. Even I was a bit skeptical of going for it, as many people complained of its looks and 'supposedly' hard to use 'SlideTrak'.

However, the features on paper looked too much to beat, especially at that price (got mine at $130, or INR 9.5k landed in India). There were no second thoughts after that.

In hindsight, I am more than satisfied with the SQ and features of the 785. I used to occasionally listen to FM on my way to work in the mornings. That was when I had the Pioneer 5050. Part of the reason for that was the 'dhinchak-ness' of the Pioneer which used to trouble my ears after extended listening.

Now, with the Clarion, its only high quality mp3s and no more FM. The natural, balanced sound means that I no more complain of traffic. In fact, I seek excuses to go for long drives, especially Expressway drives.

Would seriously recommend the 785 even at around INR 10-12k mark. I feel it beats other similarly priced HUs hands down with its features even at that price point.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote