Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 3rd July 2009, 14:05   #466
Senior - BHPian

Anyone found the way to browse folders? Thats a only drawback I guess apart from dolphins and a superior display!

Last edited by panky12345 : 3rd July 2009 at 14:06.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:34   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Well it may not have dolphins but it does have Racing car in display
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 14:47   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Anyone found the way to browse folders? Thats a only drawback I guess apart from dolphins and a superior display!
Subwoofer phase change/polarity on-the-fly ala Pioneers?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:20   #469
Senior - BHPian

A lot more, guys.
I've lost count of the number of times I've accidentally pressed the eject button instead of the Source button.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:22   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

err this never happened with me, the Src button is quite big while the ejcts is a tiny one.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:27   #471
Senior - BHPian

Reg browsing the folder I tried with an Mp3 disc which has 24 folders. While playing I pressed the menu button and than pressed the up and down button, I could go through the folders but it just showed 1 to 12 folders not all 24. Will try playing around with it in the evening, will update on this.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:37   #472
BHPian

Though most people may not agree, not being able to tune into all Indian FM channels is one of the drawbacks as well, if you ask me. I tried quite a few "tricks" from their website, but nothing works. Finally called Clarion US customer care only to find out that this particular model does NOT support switching to European tuning mode.
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:16   #473
Senior - BHPian

Reg browsing the folder I tried with an Mp3 disc which has 24 folders. While playing I pressed the menu button and than pressed the up and down button, I could go through the folders but it just showed 1 to 12 folders not all 24. Will try playing around with it in the evening, will update on this.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 17:54   #474
BHPian

There, there guys! I've not even got my HU and you guys are telling me all the flaws already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
A lot more, guys.
I've lost count of the number of times I've accidentally pressed the eject button instead of the Source button.
Et tu, Nitrous?! Amazing how big has the Clarion DXG785 community grown at T-BHP. Any guesses how many members already?
greenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:01   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Et tu, Nitrous?! Amazing how big has the Clarion DXG785 community grown at T-BHP. Any guesses how many members already?
Should we start a cound down for a change???
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:06   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
A lot more, guys.
Why should that happen? The source button is actually quite big and well illuminated compared to the eject button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Hmm, yes even I tried that method but I would have liked it more if it was on the remote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Though most people may not agree, not being able to tune into all Indian FM channels is one of the drawbacks as well, if you ask me. I tried quite a few "tricks" from their website, but nothing works. Finally called Clarion US customer care only to find out that this particular model does NOT support switching to European tuning mode.
I agree, but I can live with this since almost all Indian FM channels are on odd frequencies, which the Clarion can tune well.

OT - You still listen to FM on the 785??
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Any guesses how many members already?
I would put the number at ~10-12
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:51   #477
BHPian

what??
the flaws are coming out when i have ordered the H.U!!
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 18:17   #478
BHPian

A quick question, pardon my ignorance if this has been answered...
Where do we get a Clarion serviced in India? From whatever little I could dig, I don't think there's any authorised service centre.
Anybody knows a reliable Clarion expert?
five46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 19:11   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I agree, but I can live with this since almost all Indian FM channels are on odd frequencies, which the Clarion can tune well.

OT - You still listen to FM on the 785??
No, not really! I have listened to FM on this HU only to test it. Fortunately all private channels in Bangalore have been converted to odd frequencies, except Fever-104. Among others also, a couple of good ones (rainbow/vividhbharti) are again odd I guess. I am not a big fan of FM or anything, just that it feels so odd that a HU with quite a few advanced features can not be tuned into even channels. I would still listen to FM may be only for a change. Earlier when I had no other option but FM radio, sometimes I used to get hooked on (otherwise boring) lectures pertaining to wide variety of topics on Gyan-Vani. I don't have that option any more with 785!

Once I installed my ICE, I have been mostly listening to uncompressed audio CDs or 320kbps mp3s. Recently a "normal mp3" CD which is full of A. R. Raheman songs is being enjoyed. This is just to get a better idea about how different it sounds when I move to high bitrate/uncompressed versions of the same songs. Hardly any FM these days!
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 22:55   #480
BHPian

i guess the 786 model is free from this problem,recently listened to even channels on my friends 586 model.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote