Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 5th January 2010, 06:53   #766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
Guys, I decided for two upgrade in active 2 way setup in new Santro. Am using DXZ576usb Clarion (small brother of Clarion 785!) with front 4"cox & rear 6x9, all blaupunktised!

1. Wanna go for blue tooth adapter : As per manual, is it compulsory to go for recommended Bluetooth BB, BLT370 only. I afraid this not available in India. Can I opt any other best indian option?

2. I want to setup any one out of DVD changer or TV tuner options as illustrated in manual. (page attached hereto)Attachment 256195
Which is the best option should I go for in view of feasibility and VFM.

(EDIT) 3. Can MP3 player-sansa clip+ use thru' aux in port?

Pl suggest. Thanks in advance.
<Bump>..eagarly awaiting...
Dhams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 09:23   #767
BHPian

My responses in bold below.

Quote:
Guys, I decided for two upgrade in active 2 way setup in new Santro. Am using DXZ576usb Clarion (small brother of Clarion 785!) with front 4"cox & rear 6x9, all blaupunktised! - Active 2-way??

1. Wanna go for blue tooth adapter : As per manual, is it compulsory to go for recommended Bluetooth BB, BLT370 only. I afraid this not available in India. Can I opt any other best indian option? - You can order it online and get it delivered to India.

2. I want to setup any one out of DVD changer or TV tuner options as illustrated in manual. (page attached hereto)Attachment 256195
Which is the best option should I go for in view of feasibility and VFM. - Don't really understand what you want to do with this? You will need to buy additional hardware for these features. Make sure it is CeNet compatible. As for VFM - I don't know about either of these although I'm sure a TV tuner would not be much use in here!

(EDIT) 3. Can MP3 player-sansa clip+ use thru' aux in port? - The Aux IN takes any line-out or headphone output. So theoretically it should work. I have used a Creative Zen MP3 player with no issues.

Pl suggest. Thanks in advance.
Best of luck with your setup!
the_maassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 09:18   #768
BHPian

Default HU powers goes off & on!

I do not stop myself to put my problem here to catch all expert minds and practical hands here in this Clarion exclusive thread.

I imported DXZ 576 Clarion from Emax, Sharjah and installed with Blaupunkt 4"front Cox & rear 6x9 Blaupunkt GTx in last Sept.2009.(8 month old)

Since last 2-3 months, I am trying to resolve one strange problem-HU power goes off intermittently during playing songs and then after 2-3 minutes power again restored automatically itself with....
1. first displaying clock reset time: 01.00am at each incident then "system check" function taking place in HU for 3-4 seconds....
2. then HU starts with playing 1st song in USB mode loosing last memory songs from where power cut off.

Action Taken:-1. HU removed and running continuously for 3 hours on external power source. No stop, no power goes off.....found absolutely ok. However, I am not witness of this but feedback given by Repair Technician.
2. Installer ONLY check HU rear connection by just removing it from dashboard. He retightened those RCA connections, taped it again and reaffixed as it is. Amazingly, he thumping hand hardly on dashboard when HU on and then confirmed that if there are wiring loosening problem then HU should have been goes off now the time!!!

I crossed my fingers now!
Pl pour your suggestions.
Old 25th June 2010, 10:04   #769
Senior - BHPian

There's a small button when you take the facepanel out. Its called "reset". Try resetting your HU and this should solve your problem.. For details, you can always refer the supplied manual.
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 17:51   #770
BHPian

Tried several time but still problem persist. Also observed reset sound for 3 secs after button pushed. Surprisingly. one time this happens even when key is not in ignition!
Processor keep trying hard repeatedly itself even when button not pushed. Does this draws doubt on ignition to hu wiring connection?
Old 5th July 2010, 19:33   #771
Senior - BHPian

Since there is an always-on battery connection (this supplies main power; the accessory wire from keylock only acts as sleep/wake-up signal), the HU can be reset without key on.

Looks like there is a problem on the HU main board itself - something might have worked itself loose and not passing self test. If there is no Clarion service center in Jamnagar (highly unlikely), you can possibly try in Amdavad or Mumbai. Even if you imported it directly with no valid warranty in India, they will check / repair it, albeit not for free. At a pinch, a competent local electronics repair shop can also look at it, but the results would be unpredictable and you might land up with some unintended 'spare parts' after that .
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 16:52   #772
Senior - BHPian

Default Opinion on JVC?

Guys - how's JVC KD-R926BT?

More specifically, how's the sonic signature of JVC vis-a-vis other brands?

I found Pioneer to be bright, Clarion to be balanced (exactly the way I like) and Kenwood to be warm. I havent used Alpine long enough to form an opinion. So please feel free to add it to this list.

How would you rate JVC on this scale?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:39   #773
BHPian

Default Re: Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB

Quote:
Tried several time but still problem persist. Also observed reset sound for 3 secs after button pushed. Surprisingly. one time this happens even when key is not in ignition!
Processor keep trying hard repeatedly itself even when button not pushed. Does this draws doubt on ignition to hu wiring connection?
Since the problem does not repeat itself on the test-bench, please check all the wiring supplying power to your HU, there may be a loose or intermittent connection there. Change the wire itself ,as there may be a break in the wire.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2011, 21:39   #774
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Opinion on JVC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Guys - how's JVC KD-R926BT?

More specifically, how's the sonic signature of JVC vis-a-vis other brands?

I found Pioneer to be bright, Clarion to be balanced (exactly the way I like) and Kenwood to be warm. I havent used Alpine long enough to form an opinion. So please feel free to add it to this list.

How would you rate JVC on this scale?
Just came across this review for the HU and i'm mighty impressed. Seems like Kenwood 8016 is out of the competition now.
Mobile Electronics AU | JVC KD-R926BT DIN CD Tuner
Old 30th November 2011, 14:16   #775
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB

Other than an extra USB port and profuse excited expression (in the review), the JVC doesn't seem to have any distinctive advantage over the 8016. And that includes the price. Or did we miss something? Would be great if this is available in India for 12-15K.
Old 30th November 2011, 14:31   #776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Other than an extra USB port and profuse excited expression (in the review), the JVC doesn't seem to have any distinctive advantage over the 8016. And that includes the price. Or did we miss something? Would be great if this is available in India for 12-15K.
yes, you DID miss some VERY important points.

This JVC HU plays WAV (lossless) files off USB. 8016 doesn't.

Also, JVC is available for 11-11.5k (MRP being 14k). As against this, 8016 is available for 17k (MRP being 20k).

Additionally, JVC and Kenwood have formally merged into one company. So all their HUs share the same internals, DAC etc.

So I guess the excitement is justified.
Old 30th November 2011, 15:55   #777
Senior - BHPian

Correction - I didn't miss anything from your original post, or the review! All the rest you discovered later to justify your excitement. There is still an anomaly: if it is AUS$399 MRP (~INR 19.xK) in Australia, how is it INR14K MRP in India? That's about a good 30% less?

Anyhow, good show, at that price point it will / should outstrip most other brands / models.

Last edited by DerAlte : 30th November 2011 at 15:56.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:10   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correction - I didn't miss anything from your original post, or the review! All the rest you discovered later to justify your excitement. There is still an anomaly: if it is AUS$399 MRP (~INR 19.xK) in Australia, how is it INR14K MRP in India? That's about a good 30% less?

Anyhow, good show, at that price point it will / should outstrip most other brands / models.
I'm sorry I'm unable to understand your point here.

I never listed out any features in my earlier posts to begin with. So where does the point of discovering it later come in?

I always knew from the beginning that WAV playback was the BIGGEST USP of this HU, and that's exactly why I put in my shortlist. When I discovered it's price, I got excited. That's also why I asked a question to forum members about the sonic signature of JVC vis-a-vis other brands.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:41   #779
Senior - BHPian

Peace, Gandhi-ji (imagine talking about peace to a Gandhi-ji)! Every statement made by others is not an accusation. You are most welcome to your excitement, baba.

All the other features at that price IS the USP, not the WAV playback IMHO. One hardly uses WAV, unless one is ripping from ACD to WAV.

Haven't heard a BB DAC so far - can't be bad. Not sure of the DAC brand in the x994 (Kenwood) that I have offhand, but that HU has the sweetest (for me) sound I have heard in HUs of that price range, Alpine inclusive. Not comparing with the exotic high-end ones.
Old 30th November 2011, 17:24   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Peace, Gandhi-ji (imagine talking about peace to a Gandhi-ji)! Every statement made by others is not an accusation. You are most welcome to your excitement, baba.

All the other features at that price IS the USP, not the WAV playback IMHO. One hardly uses WAV, unless one is ripping from ACD to WAV.

Haven't heard a BB DAC so far - can't be bad. Not sure of the DAC brand in the x994 (Kenwood) that I have offhand, but that HU has the sweetest (for me) sound I have heard in HUs of that price range, Alpine inclusive. Not comparing with the exotic high-end ones.
I didn't take it as an accusation dude.

I'm just curious why JVC is under-rated and not talked about as much as other brands, despite the laundry list of amazing features (e.g 5v, Gold Plated 3 RCA outputs, TI/Burr Brown DAC, WAV playback etc etc.). The nearest competitor, be it Kenwood 8016 or Alpine CDE 117 is a good 7-10k upwards.

At a sub 20k price point, no HU has loss-less playback from USB.

WAV files are easily available via torrents (I think) and you need not necessarily rip them from Audio CDs only. Heck, I download a lot of FLAC files and had to down-convert them into 320 kbps MP3s just to enjoy near loss-less MP3s! With this HU, the trouble to convert is also gone!

I do sense a bit of discomfort in carrying around/investing in larger capacity flash disk / hard disk. Also, the issue of 'what to do with my existing 50+ GB of MP3 collection' is very much real!

Deals like these are hard to come by and I was wondering what's so good in it to be true. As far as I can see, it's a steal at this price.

2 years back, there was a blowout sale on Clarion DXZ785USB when it was retailing for USD 125. Many of us picked it up simply because at that price point then, no HU was offering Time Alignment.

This HU seems to be one like that.