Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st December 2011, 13:46   #781
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
There is still an anomaly: if it is AUS$399 MRP (~INR 19.xK) in Australia, how is it INR14K MRP in India? That's about a good 30% less?
A few audio components sell in India for prices lower than Europe and sometimes South East Asia and maybe Australia (I dont know much about Australian prices) but a 30% discount over "international" prices is rare, very rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I'm just curious why JVC is under-rated and not talked about as much as other brands, .
There are a few posts recommending JVC along with Kenwood and Pioneer. However the general impression is that (at a particular price point) Kenwood trumps JVC in SQ even if JVC does has more features
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 21:42   #782
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Clarion Vs Alpine Vs Pioneer Vs Kenwood EDIT - Its a Clarion DXZ 785 USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Correction - I didn't miss anything from your original post, or the review! All the rest you discovered later to justify your excitement. There is still an anomaly: if it is AUS$399 MRP (~INR 19.xK) in Australia, how is it INR14K MRP in India? That's about a good 30% less?

Anyhow, good show, at that price point it will / should outstrip most other brands / models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
A few audio components sell in India for prices lower than Europe and sometimes South East Asia and maybe Australia (I dont know much about Australian prices) but a 30% discount over "international" prices is rare, very rare.
whats so surprising in this deal? dont compare the australian market mrp which is high.

in india it retails around 12k and in US the same model costs 160$ i,e around 8000rs.

Dont we know the fleecing going on in indian market?

its great that jvc is priced lower.

a similar kenwood which costs 10000 rs in US is costing 17k in indian market.

so its one and the same proposition.

Kenwood is better than jvc when compared to other models than Arsenal series.

Arsenal JVC have same components as kenwood, this is what i learnt form many forums around,

and a good head unit should play a lossless audio file, SQ of .WAV format will be better than any ripped mp3 format.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 1st December 2011 at 21:44.
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:44   #783
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Arsenal JVC have same components as kenwood, this is what i learnt form many forums around,.
Yes they do. After all they are a JV and use the same OEMs. See link.
http://www.jvckenwood.co.jp/en/corporate/index.html

Last edited by navin : 2nd December 2011 at 10:46.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 23:51   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhams View Post
1. Wanna go for blue tooth adapter : As per manual, is it compulsory to go for recommended Bluetooth BB, BLT370 only. I afraid this not available in India. Can I opt any other best indian option?
Recall my old wish! any one could share their experience on bluetooth in clarion, if installed or DIY job.
Dhams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2012, 18:39   #785
BHPian

I have been using it with a nokia BT kit for a few years without any issues. I believe you should be able to use any kit which can connect to aux-in of the HU and has standard "mute" signal (to mute whatever you are playing when phone rings).
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2012, 19:29   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I have been using it with a nokia BT kit for a few years without any issues. I believe you should be able to use any kit which can connect to aux-in of the HU and has standard "mute" signal (to mute whatever you are playing when phone rings).
Can voice of caller and receiver be audible in speakers during conversation? What is cost of nokia BT?
Old 21st March 2012, 16:19   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can voice of caller and receiver be audible in speakers during conversation? ...
Your question is ambiguous: If you call someone, you are the caller. If someone calls you, that person is the caller!

Generally, your voice (assuming you are in the car) is not put on the speakers, as it is not put on the speaker of the mobile either. Only the other party's voice is on the speaker.

I said 'generally' because in some cases there is echo on the line, i.e. you can hear you own voice on the line after a little delay - but then that is an error on the part of the mobile service provider's equipment and transmission channel.
DerAlte is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 00:30   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Can voice of caller and receiver be audible in speakers during conversation? What is cost of nokia BT?
No, it has it's own speaker. Echo cancellation is pretty good. Overall clarity of conversation is good, people can't make out whether I am talking through car-kit or directly into phone. It does A2DP as well (music streaming over BT) which plays through car speakers, hardly use it though. The speaker of the kit was supposed to be optional, but due to some bug it doesn't direct phone voice to car speakers, hence have to bear with a small speaker which came as a part of the kit.

I don't recollect the exact price, but vaguely it was something around 2-3K rupees (sourced from US along with HU). Locally similar Nokia kits costed in the range of 8-12K at that time.

Last edited by santosh.s : 25th March 2012 at 00:36.
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2012, 23:12   #789
BHPian

Thanks Santosh & DerAlte.
HU BT @3k with some compatibility issue then why not BT for phone itself? I don't see any additional ease or comfort in it, may be sound dumb question here.
Old 26th March 2012, 08:22   #790
BHPian

Well, I do see a few advantages, its you who can decide whether money spent is worth it or not
1. No battery issues, as it uses car's battery.
2. Hassle of wearing it, switching on, may be pairing (I have never used phone BT) every time you get in.
3. Automatic muting and resuming of music system, so completely hands-free.
4. Re-dialing of last number can be done from the kit, no need to fiddle with phone.

BTW, I have opted for a HU with built in BT for another car.
santosh.s is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 12:01   #791
Senior - BHPian

I have been using a Jabra SP700 since the last 3+ years. It's a nifty little 2-way BT speakerphone which clips on to the sun visor. Excellent clarity both ways and noise/echo cancellation ability too. You can use it with your car stereo (though I have not tried it). Also, you can play mobile music on car speakers (via A2DP). What's more - it's got an amazing battery life (I charge it once in 15-20 days) and you can pair 2 phones in it's memory (though only one would be active at any given time).

However, the best feature is that this is not tied to the car! You can take it n any car ans use it with any HU.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2012, 23:05   #792
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using a Jabra SP700 since the last 3+ years. It's a nifty little 2-way BT speakerphone which clips on to the sun visor. Excellent clarity both ways and noise/echo cancellation ability too. You can use it with your car stereo (though I have not tried it). Also, you can play mobile music on car speakers (via A2DP). What's more - it's got an amazing battery life (I charge it once in 15-20 days) and you can pair 2 phones in it's memory (though only one would be active at any given time).

However, the best feature is that this is not tied to the car! You can take it n any car ans use it with any HU.
Awesome! After details, nothing left for me except just go for purchase
Buddy, where can i get this one? Like all of you, have a helping hands of friend in Singapore, Torrento & Dubai
Old 26th March 2012, 23:36   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Awesome! After details, nothing left for me except just go for purchase
Buddy, where can i get this one? Like all of you, have a helping hands of friend in Singapore, Torrento & Dubai
If you want to buy online, Jabra SP700 can be purchased here for 3.7k.

I remember having seen SP700 for about 3.5-4k at Croma stores last year too.

However I think they phased out SP700 and the replacement model is Cruiser/Cruiser2. These have FM inbuilt too! It's slightly higher at 5.3k.

Either ways, do check with your friends in Dubai. I'm guessing it will be cheapest there.
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 20:45   #794
BHPian

Carrefour :: IC4UAE : JABRA BLUETOOTH CAR SPEAKER
Jabra@229DhsDoes this sound good deal? Its non negotiable price yet.
Old 10th April 2012, 17:08   #795
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using a Jabra SP700 since the last 3+ years. It's a nifty little 2-way BT speakerphone which clips on to the sun visor. Excellent clarity both ways and noise/echo cancellation ability too. You can use it with your car stereo
Agree with you totally. I got it two years back. Going strong. The best part is the battery life is quite good, and when you get an incoming call, you just have to lightly press the device on your visor. Same process to disconnect. It also announces the incoming number (A bit useless, unless you remember all your important numbers by heart).
I have paired the Jabra's FM with my headunit's FM and can hear the incoming call on the car's speaker. Sound quality not too good though.
@ Dhams: I got it on Ebay for about 40$ a couple of years back. You can ask someone from US to get it down. Its priced twice in Chroma here.
hrman is offline   Reply With Quote