Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 10:57   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Getting my DXZ785USB tonight. Will post the pics once I get it in my hand.
Can't wait to lay my hands on it.
AWESOME! Do post detailed (macro mode) pics of the HU and unboxing process! So how much did it cost you finally i.e. landed in India?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 11:30   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
AWESOME! Do post detailed (macro mode) pics of the HU and unboxing process! So how much did it cost you finally i.e. landed in India?
Surely, well as I said a friend of mine is getting from US. He ordered for 105$ plus 20$ shipping he paid within US.

Last edited by Invinsible : 18th March 2009 at 11:38.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 11:46   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 978
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Surely, well as I said a friend of mine is getting from US. He ordered for 105$ plus 20$ shipping he paid within US.
From which store? I have asked my friend to order mine on amazon, the best I could find. It has increased yesterday from $130 to $140 including shipping!
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 12:32   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
From which store? I have asked my friend to order mine on amazon, the best I could find. It has increased yesterday from $130 to $140 including shipping!
Picked it up from amazon when the price was 130$ and he was had the amazon visa card which got credit reward of 25$.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 12:40   #80
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 978
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

All right, then I will let him go ahead with $140 deal...
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 14:39   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible
Surely, well as I said a friend of mine is getting from US. He ordered for 105$ plus 20$ shipping he paid within US.
So, you paid $125 net.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 14:55   #82
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 978
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Getting my DXZ785USB tonight. Will post the pics once I get it in my hand.
Can't wait to lay my hands on it.
Would you mind checking whether European FM tuning mode works on this HU or not? Just press and hold RANDOM button and then press PRESET #1 to toggle between American and European tuning modes. Use even stations like Fever-104MHz, for testing.

I tried asking a couple of Clarion owners, but still waiting for response!
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 15:02   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Would you mind checking whether European FM tuning mode works on this HU or not? Just press and hold RANDOM button and then press PRESET #1 to toggle between American and European tuning modes. Use even stations like Fever-104MHz, for testing.

I tried asking a couple of Clarion owners, but still waiting for response!
I had the same doubt. Then I heard the 775 unit in a BHP-ian's car. We could get very clear reception of even frequency channels such as 104.00 and 104.80.

But then, he had got the unit from SE Asia, so that might be the reason.

Anyways, shall wait for Invinsible's reply on this.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 15:09   #84
BHPian
 
zucchero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: faridabad/rourkela
Posts: 250
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

congrats.nice choice.i got my HX-D2 from u.s.i had no problem with the radio when i was in delhi and ncr but now as i am in dehradun it does not work.
zucchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2009, 16:12   #85
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
congrats.nice choice.i got my HX-D2 from u.s.i had no problem with the radio when i was in delhi and ncr but now as i am in dehradun it does not work.
You listen to FM with an HX-D2?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 09:56   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Getting my DXZ785USB tonight. Will post the pics once I get it in my hand.
Can't wait to lay my hands on it.
Has the HU arrived? We are waiting to see the real close up pics!!
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 12:11   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 978
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
You listen to FM with an HX-D2?
Hehe... I am surprised to know that it even HAS a tuner! Because such HUs are not supposed to have anything "non-sense" like mp3 support, dancing dolphins etc., only pure CDs. They could have actually taken away the radio tuner, and then added some premium to the cost in order to account for removal of additional noise that may have arised due to tuner's presence. (Just kidding)
santosh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 13:12   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Has the HU arrived? We are waiting to see the real close up pics!!
Head unit is received this morning. Will post the pics in the evening.
All i need is dashkit and harness for it.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 13:58   #89
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Head unit is received this morning. Will post the pics in the evening.
All i need is dashkit and harness for it.
Dash kit? For which car?

And harness? Doesn't that come with the car or the HU? Or do you need to buy it separately?

I am asking because I have never bought/paid for any harness in any of my cars.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2009, 14:06   #90
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Hehe... I am surprised to know that it even HAS a tuner! Because such HUs are not supposed to have anything "non-sense" like mp3 support, dancing dolphins etc., only pure CDs. They could have actually taken away the radio tuner, and then added some premium to the cost in order to account for removal of additional noise that may have arised due to tuner's presence. (Just kidding)
IMHO there will always be a tuner in ever HU built because in case of an emergency it is the easiest way of one way communication so that the message can be conveyed to the mass with it.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worthy replacement to Clarion DXZ 785 USB nishantgandhi In-Car Entertainment 19 22nd November 2011 13:07
2011 i10 Asta A/T - its Korean, its new, its fast, its red, and its coming. nirupesh Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 1 8th January 2011 10:45
Its Clarion's small brother with +bonus! ( Clarion 576 usb ) Dhams In-Car Entertainment 51 28th February 2010 23:25
ICE done for Getz. Got Clarion 785 Bapu In-Car Entertainment 26 4th December 2009 10:58
Illusion Electra 4.1 in Alto - Upgraded with Clarion DXZ 785 USB HU + 6.5 mid bass Technocrat In-Car Entertainment 110 11th September 2009 13:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:11.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks