Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2009, 03:21   #91
BHPian

what are the diff brands available under 5000, and the model numbers please
Old 16th May 2009, 04:11   #92
BHPian

Don't know of any amps under 4.5K which comes with bill and warranty but the Kenwood,Pioneer and Sony's basic 4 channel amps are available at close to that price range in the Grey. But the power output from them would be just too little and none of them would have any kind of tweaking options like the sound barrier amp.
Old 16th May 2009, 04:22   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Don't know of any amps under 4.5K which comes with bill and warranty but the Kenwood,Pioneer and Sony's basic 4 channel amps are available at close to that price range in the Grey. But the power output from them would be just too little and none of them would have any kind of tweaking options like the sound barrier amp.
Do you mean i should stick to what i have got or go for a genuine one..?
Old 16th May 2009, 11:14   #94
Senior - BHPian

Garry: As someone rightly pointed out.. the output would be less than what you're getting right now in case you opt for a 'genuine' amp ~ 5K. But the difference in the SQ would be large!
Old 16th May 2009, 11:16   #95
BHPian

Yes stay with this one, keep till it goes bust, then upgrade or when you will have a big upgrade.
There are a few amps under 5k in the classified section, a groundzero, a JBL, and one more.
Old 16th May 2009, 17:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

keep the sound barrier if you like it man. just because we said its a fake or its chinese made, it doesnt mean its bad. enjoy the music more, and worry less about which brand it is!
Old 16th May 2009, 21:32   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gary i have seen so many of these amps in the shops in punjab they are all called Assembled alpain (The way the say it :P) and all these soundbarrier and V12 and also some say W12. they come on golden, silver and black finish what ever goes with you. so at the end you have a Desi Amp and thats one weird looking Basstube. i hope as it is 35 KG you dont have to worry about the sound , i was unable to project the sound in my small mind :P
Old 16th May 2009, 21:51   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Garry: As someone rightly pointed out.. the output would be less than what you're getting right now in case you opt for a 'genuine' amp ~ 5K. But the difference in the SQ would be large!
What is SQ..? And how does that affect the sound quality..?
@Abhayshanu: It seems like i dont any other option, the installer denied to take it back. I would keep it untill the next upgrade is coming or untill i find someone who can buy it from me. Wont repeat the same mistake again.

@frank: Buddy thanks a lot for all the information , i hope this amp is not bad in sound production. May be you can audition the same some time, let me know when u have time..?

@desideep: Dont say anything abt the basstube , the THUMP is amazing it may be weird looking one but i love it.

Last edited by garry.brant : 16th May 2009 at 21:55.
Old 16th May 2009, 22:05   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
What is SQ..? And how does that affect the sound quality..?
@Abhayshanu: It seems like i dont any other option, the installer denied to take it back. I would keep it untill the next upgrade is coming or untill i find someone who can buy it from me. Wont repeat the same mistake again.

@frank: Buddy thanks a lot for all the information , i hope this amp is not bad in sound production. May be you can audition the same some time, let me know when u have time..?

@desideep: Dont say anything abt the basstube , the THUMP is amazing it may be weird looking one but i love it.
Asking and answering for yourself
Gary,SQ=Sound quality
Old 16th May 2009, 22:41   #100
BHPian

Gary i am using such a fake alpine and am quite happy, didnt want SQ i.e sound quality just loudness so went for this amp, will keep it till i sell the car then will sell it with the car, will use these fake amps unless i can get alot of money to buy stegs for all my cars.
Old 16th May 2009, 23:56   #101
BHPian

Dude garry.brant if you're happy with the SoundBarrier run with man...

Don't let all these comments get to you! It's YOUR ICE NOT OURS! We just comment on it based on our opinions. The only opinion that matters is YOURS!

And judging by the fact that you love your bass tube, the amp seems to be doing a good job!

So bottomline: Run it like it hot and kick it bruv
Old 19th May 2009, 01:01   #102
Senior - BHPian

By the way, what Wiring are you using?
Old 19th May 2009, 09:07   #103
Senior - BHPian

abhinav, the installer took him for a ride as we all can see.. what do you expect off wiring? "Heavy Duty, Central Locking wali" :-)
Old 29th May 2009, 22:31   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
By the way, what Wiring are you using?
abhinav veere, can we meet sometime , i need to audition your ride and some new systems as well, hope we can meet LBM for the same.
And the wiring was also fake , he said its genuine boss but it is not.
Old 29th May 2009, 23:02   #105
Senior - BHPian

lol. Audition my ice. Ummm. Surely after i install it. Only have the HU and the compos as of now. No amps to play them. Will try to test fit my new amp this coming week. Will update you about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks