Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 5th April 2009, 22:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

i would say sell your front and buy some good compo with single tweets,and don't sell that gnesis amp,its better to keep it and you never know when in future you need a 2 channel amp.
wait you are feeding your rears from the hu,why don't you use p2 for this.

get some decent components which can handle this much power.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 22:30   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
i would say sell your front and buy some good compo with single tweets,and don't sell that gnesis amp,its better to keep it and you never know when in future you need a 2 channel amp.
wait you are feeding your rears from the hu,why don't you use p2 for this.

get some decent components which can handle this much power.

The rears are straight off the hu, i generaly don't sit in the back though, seems like a waste of an amp to me, was also thinking of using the p2 for the front and the p4 for the front tweeters and the rears full range on an active set up, but can't justify adding the 3rd amp, the front end is fairly solid as it is, so much so that the middle seats provide the best listening position and the other point is that i want to keep the set up as stealthy as possible, which would mean finding a location for the p4, still confused as to which option to go for.......the quest continues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I'd also suggest the 1st one.

Or you can also do a 3rd option
Go active on the fronts and power the rears from the HU without any 3rd amp. ( if you do not listen to it much too often)
This is the most tempting option to me, as you can't beat a solid front end, might put some equipment up for sale, if there's any interest, then will probably go for this option. Why can't i be satisfied with my set up?? got it sounding sweet now, but want more...Wish I could be happy with sony xplop

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th April 2009 at 19:32. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
stefanm is offline   Reply With Quote