Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 20th March 2009, 14:15   #1
BHPian

Default HU-Upgrade for SANTRO XO

Folks

I have Pioneer 6750, offlate its giving me errors like Error 11, which translate to Scratched CD, though I burn'd a new CD still getting Errors what could be the problem?

on the other side planning to upgrade to a DVD playback. all my ICE components are JBLY'fied so, SQ is given a bit more preference.

are there any good DVD playback HU for <12k?

if I have to go for an option of an LCD how much would it cost?
romyeo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2009, 14:54   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have Pioneer 6750, offlate its giving me errors like Error 11,
I too get this on my Pio HU the only way I can burn CD(which runs in HU) is in Jukebox mode in my HP laptop's default CD burning Software(Roxio or something)

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th March 2009 at 14:55.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 03:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I too get this on my Pio HU the only way I can burn CD(which runs in HU) is in Jukebox mode in my HP laptop's default CD burning Software(Roxio or something)
Could it be lens problem? you have jukebox mode in burning Software? which one is it? I'm using NERO and burn it as Data CD and with 8X speed, today burned another CD with same settings but chose - Disc at once - and the end result was very bad- the songs were skipping a lot.

if its a lens prob- how can we clean it?
Old 21st March 2009, 05:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

romeo go to this shop in ranigunj see route is like this, when coming from tank bund towards ranigunj signal there a deviation to necklace road to the left, if you take that road you will find a few car decors shops to your right along wiht a wheel alignment and balancing shop, the shop next to this wheel shop has a good repair person, he does good job on pio, sony and jvc HUs all you need is a lens change, it will cost you 1250Rs. with service charge etc and you will have a brand new lens and other minor problems in the HU taken care of.

this is one of the best options to fix your age old HU or go buy a pio/JVC DVD HU in your budget!

all the best either ways!
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 06:05   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
romeo go to this shop in ranigunj see route is like this, when coming from tank bund towards ranigunj signal there a deviation to necklace road to the left, if you take that road you will find a few car decors shops to your right along wiht a wheel alignment and balancing shop, the shop next to this wheel shop has a good repair person, he does good job on pio, sony and jvc HUs all you need is a lens change, it will cost you 1250Rs. with service charge etc and you will have a brand new lens and other minor problems in the HU taken care of.

this is one of the best options to fix your age old HU or go buy a pio/JVC DVD HU in your budget!

all the best either ways!
By any chance do you have the contact no or know the shop name?
Old 21st March 2009, 06:14   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
By any chance do you have the contact no or know the shop name?

check your pm in 5 mins i am sending you the details.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 11:10   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think its a lens problem(Not sure though), All HUs can read data burned at a specific speed & some more parameters. The data CD option in Nero unfortunately doesnt confirm to it.

The Roxio has various burning modes one of them is Jukebox I dont know why its called so.
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote