Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 17th September 2007, 18:22   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I second Navin's question. Why the need for a retrofit power antenna?
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 19:12   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I second Navin's question. Why the need for a retrofit power antenna?
Please note the thread was originally started in May 2005. I didn't want to start a new thread when one already existed. My problem is that the antenna is faulty and MAY need replacing, I wanted to check out my options so that I don't make an on-the-spot rash decision and buy a poor quality replacement.
Any recommendations you can make Sam through your experience?
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 19:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

I can tell you that spending more and buying it from the company is pointless. I would recommend you keep a budget of under 1000 and get it replaced from a reputed aftermarket dealer, like poona motors.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 21:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I think I need a replacement power antenna for my car. The antenna won't always fully retract and gets stuck. Are these things serviceable?
What high quality brands are available and at what cost?
I have a power antenna for the Baleno for the last two years. It makes groaning noises, and gets stuck on partial retract sometimes. I just extend the antenna by putting on the HU, wipe the antenna down with a cloth sprayed with WD-40, wipe again with a clean cloth. This works for about a month or 45 days when the process needs to be repeated.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2013, 11:48   #20
BHPian

Default Re: Power Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Cheap chinese ones are available for 400-500 Rs. Try to get a Japanese make (I dont know the name) which could last a little while.
So my esteems power antenna broke its nylon rack. Need a new one. Trouble is i just moved to chennai a month ago. Can you tell me where i can find one in this city and at a good price?
mycarhasablower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2014, 23:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
So my esteems power antenna broke its nylon rack. Need a new one. Trouble is i just moved to chennai a month ago. Can you tell me where i can find one in this city and at a good price?
I am sorry I am not around here much these days which explains the delay in answering your question.

I would suggest you get it replaced with MASS. If you think they are too much, go to G.P Road, before that pray to your God and trust a good bloke will come along to do justice and charge you reasonably.

If all above fail, send me a PM, but dont expect me to respond immediately 'cos i rarely come here these days. Send me an email instead.

cheers
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2014, 08:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarhasablower View Post
I found MASS to be of little help in my case. They could only recommend that I replace the entire unit (I had a broken antenna), for about 3K.

Finally reached out to the Nippon guys in Bangalore. It cost me Rs 1500/- to replace just the antenna.
It has been working well for over a year now.

Please see if you can reach Nippon Chennai for help, before you go to the local shops.
rakirank is offline   Reply With Quote