Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 16th May 2005, 16:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

you want 1 amp for all that...you are looking at a 10 channel amp!!!
8 speakers you mean components???
suggest buy a good 4 channel amp for the speakers and 2 monoblocks for the subs.
or a cheaper alternative would be a good 5 channe amp andd run the amp in parallel but you will not get the most out fo the system.
iceman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 07:30   #17
BHPian

well dude if you've got audio bahn subs i dont think you need to look anymore...audiobahn itself has some amazing mono block amp's to support their woofers..also if audiobahn amp's aint your choice then you can always go in for alpine amp's ive installed a couple of them they just sound amazing.. hehe...well besides that you alos have polk momo as an option very very nice..and yea rockford fosgate...so well it all depends on how much your willing to shell out for the amp's and yes the alpine 9830 is a decent head unit...it can support all your basic usage fucntions..do use high end monster rc cables and speaker wires...and yea a 2 farad capacitor is suggested...if you do need any other info please do pm me...cheers...!!

Last edited by dragger : 17th May 2005 at 07:42.
dragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2005, 10:19   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
Im planning a bit ahead (if i do indeed end up getting a Octy RS), but im wondering, what is compatible with teh sound system in that car. Im aware it comes with that Alpine MP3 deck, which i still dont know the model of and i think 8 speakers..i just want some thump for all that hip hop and r&b i'll be playing.
all of the RS's speakers (4 or them) could do with an upgrade. in order of priority.....

1. add actve sub.
2. upgrade front speakers
3. add 4 channel amp and switch of the HU's amp.
4. upgrade rear speaker

the octy has a huge boot and this creates some pecular effects. i use 2 bass tubes. you could also investigate MTX sound forms (See Jetta).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 12:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

U can install Kicker amp or JBL amp and install Momo (PolkAudio)or JBL woofers
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2005, 16:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
all of the RS's speakers (4 or them) could do with an upgrade. in order of priority.....

1. add actve sub.
2. upgrade front speakers
3. add 4 channel amp and switch of the HU's amp.
4. upgrade rear speaker

the octy has a huge boot and this creates some pecular effects. i use 2 bass tubes. you could also investigate MTX sound forms (See Jetta).
I thought it was a 8 speaker setup in the RS??? as someone had mentioned in the reviews and earlier in this thread. BTW, anyone know the brand of the stock speakers in the RS?
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 11:10   #21
Team-BHP Support

all the mids are no name. the front 6" have foam surrounds. ugh! the rear 4.5" have rubber surrounds and look better built. same with the tweeters.
Old 19th May 2005, 11:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
all the mids are no name. the front 6" have foam surrounds. ugh! the rear 4.5" have rubber surrounds and look better built. same with the tweeters.
hmmn..aite...how is that Alpine headunit?? i think i saw it here back in teh states when i was at the store...looked very nice.
CaliAtenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2005, 15:12   #23
Team-BHP Support

HU is respectable (9830) . To get better you'd have to get the 9833 or 9835. Of the OEM car stereos I have seen in India this is definitely one of the better ones. It has seperate sub level controls/outputs, rear and front RCA out, etc.

BTW the front speakers (just checked) are from philips. BTW philips does make some very nice drivers esp at OEM costs. Opel used to outfit their Astra with philips units in 1996. It is just that today there is a lot more available in the market and OEM audio is usually built with cost being the 1st and often the only objective.

Just a warning....Alpine HUs tend to be a bit hard to use if you are someone who like s to constantly tinker with the bass and treble controls. part of this is due to their attempt of designing a parametric EQ that can be configured using only a few buttons. If however you like to set the EQ and forget it Alpines are great.