Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th June 2009, 00:02   #106
BHPian

These look awesome pranav!!! When would you be installing the speakers?

Ajai Bhai, I'm in queue next :-)
Whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 10:15   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
What do you think of the JL audio clean sweep?
No TA

For TA your bets are the Alpine 650, RF 360.2 and the Audison bit 1.

The 360.2 is a nice option in that it allows you to tune it usig a bluetooth connection. This means that you dont have to remove it from it's location (ours is hidden behind the dash) to tune it after every service (removal of battery power means these units loose their settings).

If I had a Palm device I might have got the 360.2 as I could save my settings to the Palm device.

BTW JBL's hypothetical DSP solution has been discussed in the public domain for over 2 years now. Lets just say that it might be another 2 years before we actually see a production version! :-) meanwhile all audio enthusiasts have been having fun at Andy's expense over here.
JBL's MS-8 processor! - DIY Mobile Audio
JBL's MS-8 processor! - Page 21 - DIY Mobile Audio
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 10:52   #108
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pranav! You got yourself a very sweet set of speakers. Great choice
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 12:44   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
No TA

For TA your bets are the Alpine 650, RF 360.2 and the Audison bit 1.

The 360.2 is a nice option in that it allows you to tune it using a bluetooth connection. This means that you dont have to remove it from it's location (ours is hidden behind the dash) to tune it after every service (removal of battery power means these units loose their settings).
Thanks Navin. I did consider both the 650 and the 3sixty.2 for their TA features, but decided against them as, they will overstretch my budget and my domestic peace of mind . A lot of things sure change once you are married.

The fall out of going in for the JL Audio has been the postponement of a sub and an amp to the near future, pacifying the missus who originally thought that my ice upgrade was going to be limited to just the replacement of the stock speakers with 2 pairs from Sam's stable and would not involve an amp. It's all due to something called the iCE BUG I believe.

Anyways guess if I could have lived with the thought of simple LOC, I sure can live without TA (hopefully, never know)

About the proposed JBL product, seems like the proposition is quite wonderful. Will look at it in all probability when it's out on the store shelf in the not so distant future, if Sam can work out a special economic package.

In any case I'm hoping that something like the cleansweep will make a considerabe difference as against a set up using a LOC. Would it in your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Congrats pranav! You got yourself a very sweet set of speakers. Great choice
Thanks razor.Can't wait to get the rest of the equipment.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 17th June 2009 at 19:02. Reason: please read the note in post, thanks
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 13:39   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BTW JBL's hypothetical DSP solution has been discussed in the public domain for over 2 years now. Lets just say that it might be another 2 years before we actually see a production version! :-) meanwhile all audio enthusiasts have been having fun at Andy's expense over here.
JBL's MS-8 processor! - DIY Mobile Audio
JBL's MS-8 processor! - Page 21 - DIY Mobile Audio
lol. Yup, them and everyone else.

Andy's first slide shows the MS-8 as the MS-LATE

Quote:
About the proposed JBL product, seems like the proposition is quite wonderful. Will look at it in all probability when it's out on the store shelf in the not so distant future, if Sam can work out a special economic package.
Hey, the rules say that I get the first piece of everything in India. I'm waiting for my own!
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2009, 14:30   #111
BHPian

Yes ! Yes! Sam you will get the first one . I don't intend to take it away from the yetiji's hand .
I mean't I will get the first one that hit's the shelf after they get ready for the shelf, and you let them get to the shelf, and that too only after your highness showers his grace in the form of some economic relief!

Last edited by pranava999 : 13th June 2009 at 14:40.
Old 17th June 2009, 18:40   #112
BHPian

Hi, pravnav. any updates?
jayakumarkp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 17:37   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
Hi, pravnav. any updates?
None as of now JK. Going through 'amplified confusion'. I need a clean sounding amplifier that plays the mids really well and the lower freqs competently,reltively natural and tight. I don't want amps that are bright

Basically what compunds the problem is that auditions don't really help, because amps can' t be tested on the stock HU. So even if I audition a few setups, they sound great because of the neat after market HUs but am unsure of the outcome when the stock HU are connected.

I wonder what amplifier brands are known for warm, tight mids and lows and crisp highs and are available for a budget of 15k? Any buddy out there who can help??

Last edited by pranava999 : 18th June 2009 at 17:41.
Old 19th June 2009, 11:27   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hey, the rules say that I get the first piece of everything in India. I'm waiting for my own!
Quote:
I don't intend to take it away from the yetiji's hand .
1. the MS-8 is expected to retail at over $1000. Besides it is too much processor for me - who the hell needs logic 7 in the car? The MS-5 will be just what my doctor will order.

2. I have no compulsions and will steal from the Yeti if the opportunity presents itself. I still owe him for the CCTB episode.

3. Under 15K think JBL 1004, Kenwood 8404 or if you are just driving front and rear the Blau GT4 special.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 16:53   #115
BHPian

Pranav,
Well come on now, its time u make the jump!
jayakumarkp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 18:56   #116

Default Question for the gurus - Linea Emotion

Hi guys,

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but planning to buy the Emotion Linea and have one major doubt in my mind. So here goes:

The Linea Emotion (not Pack) it does not come with USB. Whereas I am really interested in USB input since a lot of music can be carried on pen drives.

Is there anyway that the system in the Emotion can be retrofitted with a USB kit or something that enables attaching pen drives for music? Theres got to be a way right? After all its the same in-dash music system...

Is there any solution at all which allows me to keep the outside look of the system (the in-dash stereo panels).

Any help from the gurus would be much appreciated.

~Pranav
prnvaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 00:47   #117
BHPian

@Navin - Ha hA... Did manage reading up stuff on the MS-'L8', not that I understood a whole lot, except that it will be one costly piece of versatility. I may go in for the MS3 version and that too second hand!

@JK - I have my friend. There is some interesting and dynamic shortlisting happening in the background and will definitely reveal my choice once I am sure of my decision.

@Prnvaa - Check this links out. These could possibly do the job for you. Keep us posted if this works out.
Blaupunkt - Accessories - Interfaces

Do speak to the Blau rep at the Blau Brandshop in your city.The name and address of the Brandshop in Delhi is:

LMC Enterprises Private Ltd.
B-1/ 113, Lajpat Nagar -1
New Delhi - 110001
Ph: 011- 65387738 , 41726977

Last edited by pranava999 : 21st June 2009 at 00:58.
Old 21st June 2009, 11:21   #118

Default Contd. USB on Emotion

Hey Pranava

Thanks for your feedback. I'd checked those cables out earlier myself but wasn't too sure about their availability plus Blaupunkt mentions that 'these are for use only with aftermarket HUs and not for OEM'...

Also called the Blaupunkt dealer but he was least helpful and said i'll have to talk to tata.

I've got an aftermarket Blaupunkt in my Palio and I know it for a fact that they have a lot of outputs at the back for their proprietary interfaces - hope the system in the linea has something like this too.

Is there no way to get hold of the user manual or technical specs of the system in the Linea?

~Pranav
prnvaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2009, 12:38   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnvaa View Post
Is there no way to get hold of the user manual or technical specs of the system in the Linea?

~Pranav
I did google for it initially, but in little vain mate.One option is to speak directly to a blaupunkt co. rep.

Another option is to run through the fiat forum online and look up how people have manged connecting aux/ipods/usbs to the stock system. Blau seems the preferred OEM for Fiat and Lancia worldwide.

apart from the emotion variant, don't the others come with options for ABS and airbags, minus the stock HU and Blue and Me?
Old 21st June 2009, 13:10   #120
Senior - BHPian

@prnvaa, if you are sure that it is a Blau OE HU, you need to access 2 things:
1. The HU User Manual that came with the car when you bought it. If you didn't get one (I'll be surprised if you didn't) pester the Tata guys to give you one
2. Search for the installation instructions on the Blau site (PDF files) against the model no. (would be on a sticker on the HU top side)

All Blau HUs without front USB have a provision for adding one IF the HU manual states that the HU supports direct iPod or USB playback via the "Command and Control Interface" (one needs the directory scan and item selection user interface in the HU for that). The link given by @pranava999 shows the external CCI-based units & cables to interface to iPod and USB drives.

You can contact the Bosch local office in Delhi (it is on Panchkuian Road, I think) to find out the best agency to contact for the add-ons. They are usually much more helpful than the ignorant distributor guys.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote