Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2009, 22:46   #61
Senior - BHPian
 
karankapoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in the car!!!
Posts: 1,679
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

when did this happened ? in the dreams i think.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 22:54   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Lol every body is giving auditions.hey nitin after all these auditions i'm sure you'll have a head ache.so take a break and come over for a vacation to dehradun and mussoorie.and here you can audition my car too.
It'll blow your mind off.the system can be bright or can be laid back as and when you want and goes real low!!
i'm sure none of the delhi boys can match up this system.
Well i dont mind coming to mussorie and audtion your system. What all have you got installed that make you say that no one can beat your system in Delhi?? No offence but i would like to know.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 22:55   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default

Lol.KK even your DMX can't make the subs go so low as in my car.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 22:57   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
navpreet318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dehradun
Posts: 1,718
Thanked: 826 Times
Default

lol.nitin man i was just kidding.i have a stock system.hehe.

but you still can't beat the price to performance ratio if your ears are not made for these super high quality systems.
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2009, 11:59   #65
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 294 Times
Default

And I know some Lucky guy in dehradun who has a mausmi setup. You would like to audition it also.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 16:38   #66
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Alright Guys i am back to Ground zero,i mean India. Now i need to audtion some comps in order to make up my mind.
As i am very leaned towards SLC KICK, i wanted to know, cant JBL1004 be made to run at 80hz for SLC KICK, if i get them??
@Manan
Where do you stay? I can either come to your place or maybe you can tell me any other place where we can meet up. Maybe GYRO, cause i know that you are getting your car done there so that might be a good place to meet. I am free on weekends, anytime.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 20:04   #67
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Alright Guys i am back to Ground zero,i mean India. Now i need to audtion some comps in order to make up my mind.
As i am very leaned towards SLC KICK, i wanted to know, cant JBL1004 be made to run at 80hz for SLC KICK, if i get them??
@Manan
Where do you stay? I can either come to your place or maybe you can tell me any other place where we can meet up. Maybe GYRO, cause i know that you are getting your car done there so that might be a good place to meet. I am free on weekends, anytime.
Sirji any amp can run the SLC kick. Don't be confused with all the tech posted here. Just think of SLC kick as normal component system which can be run by a normal amp.

BTW what happened to Profile 4 ? I thought you were bringing it instead of SLC.

I think Manan's MONO has to some this week (not sure) so he might be visiting GYRO.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 20:34   #68
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Sirji any amp can run the SLC kick. Don't be confused with all the tech posted here. Just think of SLC kick as normal component system which can be run by a normal amp.

BTW what happened to Profile 4 ? I thought you were bringing it instead of SLC.

I think Manan's MONO has to some this week (not sure) so he might be visiting GYRO.
Nahi Yaar, not now. Gennsis can wait as i need to build my system slowly, you know vitamin M needs to be looked on.
I will first get the comps, and run them on JBL1004, with either ID or Hammer sub. Then later on as i pile up some Vitamin M, i will do the needful.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 22:28   #69
Senior - BHPian
 
m4ugr8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 123 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
@Manan
Where do you stay? I can either come to your place or maybe you can tell me any other place where we can meet up. Maybe GYRO, cause i know that you are getting your car done there so that might be a good place to meet. I am free on weekends, anytime.
I stay pretty close to GYRO. Whenever You reach GYRO, Tell Abhimanyu to give me a Call, Or I am PM'ing you my number as well. Drop me a SMS and I will be there in 10 Mins.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 23:45   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
I stay pretty close to GYRO. Whenever You reach GYRO, Tell Abhimanyu to give me a Call, Or I am PM'ing you my number as well. Drop me a SMS and I will be there in 10 Mins.
Thanks Bro. I got your number and will let you know the day and time.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 00:18   #71
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Alright guys, i finally got the rainbows auditioned.

First of all i just wanna say thanks a TON to Manan who just turned up with just an SMS, and that too only 15mins ealrier. Manan, thank you so much for taking the pain to let me listen to those great comps.

Conclusion:
Well i have to say this with very heavy heart that i really didnt think that Rainbows were that great for that price. They do sound great with vocals, as Manan had his list of songs palying (MJ), however the type of music i listen to, they were just not there. Reason could be that i have been used to with Hertz that i could not digest Rainbows. They were really laidback (that's what people say here at TeamBhp. But then that's how Manan had them set up cause they really sound great with his kind of music. I must say, if anyone listen to more of vocals, then Rainbows are great. BUT, if they are the ones who dont listen to NORMAL music that much, then please stay away from Rainbows.
Now the question is what should i do. I think i would first need to get the SUB and a good amp to run my Hertz and the sub. Then if i dont like it, ican upgrade to something else. Reason being that i think SUB would be more important to my kind of music. If i have IDv3, they can give me more kick than rainbows kick. I think instead of spending so much money on Comps, i should think more on sub to give me the pleasure i want from my system. I find Hertz to be more than great to handle good vocals and ID sub will compliment them.
What do you say guys??
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 00:37   #72
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default

do what your mind says. its your system. you have heard rainbow and hertz. take your pick.
we cant help you further than this, since you heard both..
what you should do now, is to assess what was wrong with the hertz components!
i feel a sub in a good enclosure and well fed with power shall suffice for you.
you take the call!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 00:42   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
nitinralli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
do what your mind says. its your system. you have heard rainbow and hertz. take your pick.
we cant help you further than this, since you heard both..
what you should do now, is to assess what was wrong with the hertz components!
i feel a sub in a good enclosure and well fed with power shall suffice for you.
you take the call!
Well as such there was nothing wrong with Hertz. It was just that i thought that a more powerfull comps would be more musical for my system. But then i think if i give more power to Hertz then things could be great. I really dont know if that would help till the time i try that. Maybe i wanna have good comps for rear too to make it perfect.
nitinralli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 00:46   #74
Senior - BHPian
 
greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: TN-14
Posts: 6,838
Thanked: 1,318 Times
Default

The same people behind polk - i think kumar's are now distributing hertz. I guess you might be able to get hertz after all.
not so sure about getting an audition
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2009, 00:48   #75
Senior - BHPian
 
abhibh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Back in the HOOD near you!
Posts: 2,767
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Alright guys, i finally got the rainbows auditioned.

First of all i just wanna say thanks a TON to Manan who just turned up with just an SMS, and that too only 15mins ealrier. Manan, thank you so much for taking the pain to let me listen to those great comps.

Conclusion:
Well i have to say this with very heavy heart that i really didnt think that Rainbows were that great for that price. They do sound great with vocals, as Manan had his list of songs palying (MJ), however the type of music i listen to, they were just not there. Reason could be that i have been used to with Hertz that i could not digest Rainbows. They were really laidback (that's what people say here at TeamBhp. But then that's how Manan had them set up cause they really sound great with his kind of music. I must say, if anyone listen to more of vocals, then Rainbows are great. BUT, if they are the ones who dont listen to NORMAL music that much, then please stay away from Rainbows.
Now the question is what should i do. I think i would first need to get the SUB and a good amp to run my Hertz and the sub. Then if i dont like it, ican upgrade to something else. Reason being that i think SUB would be more important to my kind of music. If i have IDv3, they can give me more kick than rainbows kick. I think instead of spending so much money on Comps, i should think more on sub to give me the pleasure i want from my system. I find Hertz to be more than great to handle good vocals and ID sub will compliment them.
What do you say guys??
I have not heard SLC, but yes after Hertz a lot of people will find rainbow laidback except for me. I don't find Hertz bright.

Did ya audition any other components. I think you can find Hertz Compos in UK.

Quote:
The same people behind polk - i think kumar's are now distributing hertz. I guess you might be able to get hertz after all.
not so sure about getting an audition
.

Last time i checked they only had Dieci Series.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
JBL 608GTi or ID CTX65CS or Rainbow CSX 265 DREAM or Rainbow SLC 265 KICK panky12345 In-Car Entertainment 52 12th November 2011 01:32
Which Comps and HU to buy. nitinralli In-Car Entertainment 23 14th May 2010 19:48
DIY : Swift + Electra comps + Electra sub + havells power wire jithudigitised In-Car Entertainment 17 26th October 2009 16:38
comps or coax and which ones? makanaka In-Car Entertainment 11 4th January 2009 12:46


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks