Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 5th May 2009, 12:05   #166
BHPian

This is what happens when someone sits far away from his installation, I guess. The pics were obviously taken off a different sub that was un-boxed (I believe Zuhemi has his own collection of selective equipment for discerning customers like Zak).

I think we can now put the sub section to rest... it's an IDMax d2v3 like Hydra says. He should know better

Now to the next part, does that complete the equipment list Zak? Something tells me it is not all!!!
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 12:17   #167
Senior - BHPian

Finally, So SLC+IDMAX. We have similar setups Zak. Though the Car's are very different

@KK: Though nothing can beat the iDQ in terms of SQ or how musical the sub is, but the IDMAX is not far behind, infact it's the perfect sub according to me. When tuned finely it can integrate with the front stage really well and sound completely musical, and when your mood is different just pump the bass up and see the whole car vibrate with the low bass.

It can perform both the functions extremely good. With the current Power going to my subs 300W total 150W to each 10" IDMAX, The section sounds really really good. On some tracks the bass is satisfying. Infact after hearing the current setup for almost a month now. I can live this amount of bass but like they say Power corrupts and I am already half corrupted
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 12:18   #168
Senior - BHPian

I still think it is not IDMAX !!!! I may be wrong but time will tell...
low_bass_makker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 12:24   #169
BANNED

Oh ma gawd!
Don't worry guys. It's going to be running in 1ohm and there is no 2nd one coming into this setup. This is a single sub setup (for now).

Regarding the pics posted here,
There was some confusion as Hydrashok pointed out. I am in Bangalore and I got the pics via email. I didn't even think twice about it's D4 markings and all. That thing struck me only after reading some posts here. I now have the confirmation that those are not of my sub.
My sub will be a D2 V3.

Yaaaay!! :
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 12:30   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow the install seems to have some good equipment, waiting for install pics.

One Note though, while guessing for some fun is fine(to some extent), please avoid posting images of equipment while speculating & let only the owner post images who again should try to post only the exact equipment pics. Thanks
Technocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2009, 13:37   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
@KK: Though nothing can beat the iDQ in terms of SQ or how musical the sub is, but the IDMAX is not far behind, infact it's the perfect sub according to me. When tuned finely it can integrate with the front stage really well and sound completely musical, and when your mood is different just pump the bass up and see the whole car vibrate with the low bass.
ya manan i know this and you also know that i know this (confusing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I still think it is not IDMAX
why you think so lbm,
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 21:10   #172
Senior - BHPian

I'd swung by Emperor today evening. The boot is coming along nicely
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 21:18   #173
BHPian

No Pictures yet ? Would love to see some.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 21:23   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
I know the sub but cannot tell, Waiting for the Zak to revel it self.....And it is confirm it is not IDMAX.
You LIAR!
No more Butter Chicken for you!
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 22:03   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
You LIAR!
No more Butter Chicken for you!
Chill Saar! Its either between the following three:
  • Ground Zero
  • Rainbow Hammer
  • IDQ
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 22:11   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Chill Saar! Its either between the following three:
  • Ground Zero
  • Rainbow Hammer
  • IDQ
Must be GZ Uranium-line!!!!
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 23:24   #177
BANNED

I spoke to Zuhemi today. He is working very patiently on the boot section and doors. The LOOK GOOD factor is also being given some attention lately.
The doorpads are given some fiber touches. The boot is being worked with solid wood. It seems like Zuhemi has dumped MDF out of this install.

The sub box and the mounts are ready.
The amp rack is ready.
All the wiring and routing of cables are done.
A temporary setup was put into the car on my instructions and the door damping was evaluated and corrected as necessary.
The fuel pump is causing some HEAVY whining sound and we are working on some good solutions to it. HELLLLPP!!!!

During all these happenings, there are newer ideas growing up every day in my mind and it is very hard to hold back the instincts. One thing I've learnt from this install; never do a setup which takes more than a week to install, it will keep on eating into the pocket.

Rest, everything is good. Tomorrow, is a BIG day in this install! So keep tunning in............. ;-)

EDIT: The car will be ready by next monday or tuesday, I think.

Last edited by speedzak : 6th May 2009 at 23:38. Reason: Frank's question.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 23:25   #178
Senior - BHPian

so when do we get to see the car totally ready?
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 23:37   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
I spoke to Zuhemi today. He is working very patiently on the boot section and doors. The LOOK GOOD factor is also being given some attention lately.
The doorpads are given some fiber touches. The boot is being worked with solid wood. It seems like Zuhemi has dumped MDF out of this install.

The sub box and the mounts are ready.
The amp rack is ready.
All the wiring and routing of cables are done.
A temporary setup was put into the car on my instructions and the door damping was evaluated and corrected as necessary.
The fuel pump is causing some HEAVY whining sound and we are working on some good solutions to it. HELLLLPP!!!!

During all these happenings, there are newer ideas growing up every day in my mind and it is very hard to hold back the instincts. One thing I've learnt from this install; never do a setup which takes more than a week to install, it will keep on eating into the pocket.

Rest, everything is good. Tomorrow, is a BIG day in this install! So keep tunning in............. ;-)
I cant agree with you more. Happened with me in my Civic Install as well, We started from Something and by the time the install was done Lots changed.

Even today I was thinking of a change

A B-L-I-N-G Install?? My Sleepless nights have begun. Pics ASAP Zak.
m4ugr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2009, 02:29   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
y.
He he!! The fuel pump may whine now, but it screams with the AC on!! But why bother, the ICE will drown out everything right??
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote