Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread

Old 12th May 2009, 02:52   #1
BHPian

Default ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?

I know its not a good habit to post against a brand in a public forum. But I believe the people who represent that brand are here and may provide me a solution for this.

"Please note that, I still didn't test the product quality and it may overcome all this minor QC problems for a very little price I have paid."

The product I am referring is a Illusion Electra 6.1 component to replace my current JBL 607c (Yes, I still love this JBL, but!)

Received this package today evening. (11/05/2009)

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000314.jpg

Its not bad at all:

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000317.jpg

May be because they are made by Hand:

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000321.jpg

I still believe its a common practice as I am not a sound engineer:

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000327.jpg

Yes, its there in the right speaker too, so not a QC mistake:

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000328.jpg

Some little scratches, not a problem for me as long as they are engineered in USA:

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000334.jpg

Again not a bad thing, I may be stupid if I compare it with my JBL 607:

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000340.jpg

And here is a good joke. This is why I asking you: "its Engineered in USA, made in India, but Quality controlled in China"?

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000335.jpg

And finally this is why I am here to post this unprofessional things in a public forum. But I am sure its not a handling defect by courier people as its packed professionally and there is no evidence of soldering in the inductors legs:

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000333.jpg

See this Guy, He sits perfectly and seems like in love with the capacitor.

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000305.jpg

I might not be here, if both inductors were in Love in both the Crossovers, but the QC people made a mistake here:

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000343.jpg

Please note that, I am not ready to send this back under warranty as I still believe that the product quality will beat this minor defects and I can even live with this stupid problems.

Even I have no proof that I have purchased this product under warranty as I haven't received any Bill with this package.

So please consider this as my personal experience and don't hesitate to buy products from Illusion Audio. Take it easy or funny, No offense please..

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 12th May 2009 at 03:01.
Old 12th May 2009, 03:15   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

While I can sense your irritation quite clearly, I am 100% sure there has got to be a mistake somewhere.

I am assuming that you bought these Illusion speakers directly from Hermit Audio, since you got them by courier. Since you appear quite dissatisfied, I would have advised you to take it up with them.

In any case, I will wait for B&T to comment on these pictures.
Old 12th May 2009, 03:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

From where did ya buy this set from ? Was it new or second hand (bought from dealer or classifieds or friend) ?

BTW it seems like your left midbass is dented in this pic
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...a-p1000321.jpg

Also in the first pic it shows Importer stamp. I thought they were made in India. How can a product made in India is Imported ?

Or maybe the Engineered stuff (cone, basket, voice coil etc.) from USA comes to India, then they are made (assembled) in India, shipped to China for QC and from there its sent back to Arizona and it gets Imported to India again ? Thats a costly affair i must say and it sure is pumping up the product price by whole lot.
Old 12th May 2009, 03:23   #4
BHPian

Yes, LBM is already in discussion with me and he has already provided solutions to solder the inductor back and I know its not a big deal. I am not blaming LBM and Hermit Audio as I believe he has doing his best and they are just distributor for Illusion Audio.

I am interested to know where its QC passed? USA or India or China (Its too for my personal knowledge, as I love China)

Quote:
From where did ya buy this set from ? Was it new or second hand (bought from dealer or classifieds or friend) ?
Its a brand new product with 1 year Warranty from hermit Audio. But still now I don't know why there is no bill for Rs. 7000

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 12th May 2009 at 03:26.
Old 12th May 2009, 03:38   #5
BHPian

Quote:
BTW it seems like your left midbass is dented in this pic
My bad, I just missed it! Looks like a refurbished product to me (but no evidence as a used product):

ILLUSION Audio - Quality controlled in China?-p1000349.jpg

Now I am seriously thinking about a replacement. But I know its in out of stock with B&T. (Actually I tried to buy two pairs of EL 6.1 instead of my boring 607s, one from LBM and one from B&T 9 (see, how brilliant/stupid I am!)). But no more, as I love my 607 very very much after playing this match. (And No sam bhai, I have nothing to do with JBL!)

Last edited by ibm_jennifer : 12th May 2009 at 03:44.
Old 12th May 2009, 05:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Im wondering if this set you got is really brand new or just an illusion to my eyes??!!
Old 12th May 2009, 08:58   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

OK now calm down. Things go wrong sometimes and you unfortunately happened to be at the receiving end.

I am 100% sure B&T's company will come up with a solution for you and won't leave a disgruntled customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
(And No sam bhai, I have nothing to do with JBL!)
I know

Relax and now that you've started the thread let us know how this matter got sorted out. Any brand related negative thread tends to be a little unfair and that makes me uncomfortable, so I am eager to see this resolved asap.

And now that we have understood ibm_jennifer's (unique and rather gentlemanly) protest, I trust that we will all not jump in like a free-for-all lynch mob, choosing instead to wait and watch for a solution.

Thanks and ibmj - good luck and I hope it gets sorted out to your satisfaction.
Old 12th May 2009, 09:18   #8
Senior - BHPian

i second Sam on that one. Illusion Products have never disappointed. Must be a glitch on the part of Hermit Audio or LBM. did you try contacting the 2 people? I'm sure they both would help you out if you did. They are known as the nicer people here, who go out of the way to help. Make contact with them, and I am quite sure you will be happy.

Apart from that, yeah, this thread might become a Lynch Party sooner than later and nothing can be done to restrain people's opinions. But let's wait for the people who have supplied the particular product to speak before everyone pounces on them. This looks like a one-off thing, or there would be a hundred threads sprouting up everyday on team-bhp about Illusion's QC.

Yes, from the pictures, the product does look used/run down/damaged and not in a saleable condition, but let the person concerned speak first.
Cheers!
Old 12th May 2009, 09:59   #9
BHPian

I am nervously waiting for LBMs or B&Ts response/solution. I sure hope this is an one off situation and gets sorted out ASAP in the form of replacement speakers 'Free Of Cost'. I am looking at illusions as an option for my car.
Old 12th May 2009, 10:23   #10
BHPian

I think it is a one off situation,have illusions installed in my car and they are working super fine and no complaints of build quality etc.

P.S Knowing Ajay(B&t) the matter will be resolved properly.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:53   #11
BHPian

Looks like you have been sent the wrong package, unintentional mistake.The person by mistake or under confusion sent you this package(as this and the one for you might be lying around).
I know for sure,you will get a solution for this,that to pretty soon.
Old 12th May 2009, 12:50   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Things go wrong sometimes and you unfortunately happened to be at the receiving end.
I don't agree with you sam, Thinks may go wrong - But they should not appoint a "Blind Guy" to stick the "QC PASSED" sticker on a product, isn't it?

Quote:
ASAP in the form of replacement speakers 'Free Of Cost'.
Replacement wont be a 100% solution, and also I can't go to any courier office now. But my question is where its QC controlled?

Quote:
waiting for LBMs or B&Ts response/solution.
I hope they are just distributors, isn't it? But I advice Illusion Audio to "Engineer this product in India, Manufacture it in China and Quality control in USA"?

Quote:
I think it is a one off situation,have illusions installed in my car and they are working super fine and no complaints of build quality etc.
I still belive the product quality may beat all this minor problems. But my electrician is out of town and I dont have money to pay for another electrician.
Old 12th May 2009, 13:06   #13
Senior - BHPian

The Illusions are excellent drivers.
I dont know what has caused the issue but get in contact with LBM / Bass&Trouble and they would be happy to help you

Be rest assured, illusions are great components.
Old 12th May 2009, 13:12   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibm_jennifer View Post
I don't agree with you sam, Thinks may go wrong - But they should not appoint a "Blind Guy" to stick the "QC PASSED" sticker on a product, isn't it?
Oh ibmj, they probably sent you an incorrect set by mistake. Perhaps this is a demo or installed-earlier piece. I don't know, but I'm just guessing.

I am 100% sure they didn't slap on the QC sticker just before they shipped it to you.

I am not defending Illusion or their distributors in India, I have no commercial connection either to the brand or the company.

I am simply saying that crap happens and you should call them and ask firmly for whatever you think you deserve rightly as a paying customer. I hope you understand.
Old 12th May 2009, 13:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Have NO doubt, this complete set is going to be replaced for you and you could post pictures of that set on here.
There might be a delay if as you posted earlier, there is no stock.
Closed Thread