Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2009, 21:23   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default ICEing an Innova: Budget 75k

My dad's friend just called me with a request to ICE his Brand new Innova. I am new to the acoustics in a Big car (like subwoofer enclosure type and placement, speaker placement front and rear (whether components at the rear, or coaxials etc.) So someone please suggest a comprehensive setup. 60k would be a good point. But 75k would be the LAST limit.
No video required. Audio alone.

The Clarion DXZ785USB would be the head unit of choice. Hence we would have about 55-60k to play with. The brief is a family car, so no teenybopper bass required. A good balanced system, with equal emphasis on the first and second rows. The car in question is an Innova V spec.

Start the ball rolling guys!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 22:36   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,005
Thanked: 106 Times
Default

I am going to watch this thread closely, we have a new innova coming in soon.
Frank:
1. is the innova in question the "V" variant ?
2. Is there a way the steering audio controls will work with the new HU ? Will the international corrola's adapter work with it ? I think the steerings are the same
Something like this may work
Maybe this would work too

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 27th May 2009 at 22:48.
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 22:45   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
Bass&Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 2,744
Thanked: 71 Times
Default

How many 'seater' is it?

And most of the times, it will be self-driven or chauffeur?

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 27th May 2009 at 22:46.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 23:13   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 58 Times
Default

I would suggest to get a pair of good compos for the front,some good 6.5"coaxials for the rear door,a good 4channel amp.A 10inch sub and mono would do the job neatly for a family ride.

HU - 10k
Compos - Rs.12k
Rear door coaxials - Rs.5k
Amp1 - Rs.9k
Amp2 - Rs.8k
Sub - 5k
Wiring 6awg - Rs.3k
Labour + Installation - Rs.2.5k

Approx.Total:54.4

Last edited by ramie2400 : 27th May 2009 at 23:16. Reason: Didn't read Video not required
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 23:34   #5
BHPian
 
vibhu_f430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 197
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Hi 'Dr'.Frank,
Amazing stuff you got in your Esteem man !

Why dont you look at the new Electra range bro ? Get compo's all around !

7k * 2= 14k

The new electra SUB !

5k-6k ?

4ch amp for your speakers

10-12k

monoblock

15k

Total damage = 42 k !,
So, 8 k for wiring , Damping and enclosure !

Excellent setup for 75k !,

Cheers !

Last edited by vibhu_f430 : 27th May 2009 at 23:37.
vibhu_f430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 23:49   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
nitrous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: UAE/Lon/Madras
Posts: 6,966
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_430
The new electra SUB !

5k-6k ?
Dude, Is that news for me?
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 23:57   #7
BHPian
 
vibhu_f430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 197
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Dude, Is that news for me?
No man , I Dont know the price but considering Electra is entry level , taught it should be around 5-6 k ..

Cheers!
vibhu_f430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 01:31   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,866
Thanked: 2,231 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I am going to watch this thread closely, we have a new innova coming in soon.
Frank:
1. is the innova in question the "V" variant ?
2. Is there a way the steering audio controls will work with the new HU ? Will the international corrola's adapter work with it ? I think the steerings are the same
Something like this may work
Maybe this would work too
PAC SWI-JACK Steering Wheel Audio Adapter IVA-W205 W200 - eBay (item 200340383478 end time Jun-08-09 01:27:24 PDT)


this will do the job. it's an innova V spec if i am not wrong. he said top of the line, so i expect a V to be parked in front of me soon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
How many 'seater' is it?

And most of the times, it will be self-driven or chauffeur?

V spec means its a proper 5 seater with those 2 kiddie seats.
its going to be driven by the owner, but the people sitting at the back would also need to be covered. in the same way as the people in front.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
I would suggest to get a pair of good compos for the front,some good 6.5"coaxials for the rear door,a good 4channel amp.A 10inch sub and mono would do the job neatly for a family ride.

HU - 10k
Compos - Rs.12k
Rear door coaxials - Rs.5k
Amp1 - Rs.9k
Amp2 - Rs.8k
Sub - 5k
Wiring 6awg - Rs.3k
Labour + Installation - Rs.2.5k

Approx.Total:54.4
ramie paaji, is 2 subs fine? like 2 10's or something. i remember speaking to this fellow today, and he said he doesn't care about the boot. hence might think of 2 10's too.
the config you have mentioned is what i have in mind. in detail at the end of this post.


Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
Hi 'Dr'.Frank,
Amazing stuff you got in your Esteem man !

Why dont you look at the new Electra range bro ? Get compo's all around !

7k * 2= 14k

The new electra SUB !

5k-6k ?

4ch amp for your speakers

10-12k

monoblock

15k

Total damage = 42 k !,
So, 8 k for wiring , Damping and enclosure !

Excellent setup for 75k !,

Cheers !
thank you vibhu. why the 'doc' in inverted commas??
anyways, the config you mention is fine, but there IS no electra subwoofer. there's only one prototype that Bass&Trouble is using in his car, and Moralfibre has one of the older EL-12's, but that's about it. There's no more Electra subs in the market. Period.
Would have been perfect though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibhu_f430 View Post
No man , I Dont know the price but considering Electra is entry level , taught it should be around 5-6 k ..

Cheers!
There will be an Electra subwoofer. But when, only God knows!






So here's what my evil mind has thought of..

1. Clarion DXZ785USB: 12k

2. Illusion Electras Front and Rear: 7k*2= 14k

3. Amp for the Components: GZIA(Iridium Series Amplifier)= 12k

4. Subwoofer: The New Ground Zero 12XDAL/ 2 TW30T's : Around 16k

5. Amp for the Subwoofer/s: GZTA (Titanium Series Monoblock Amplfier)= ~18k

6. GZ wiring Kit: Around 4k

7. Ported Enclosure for the sub/s (all ported enclosures need not be for SPL, this one will be tuned for tight, controlled bass)= Around 3k

8. Noisekill in the 4 doors (as much as needed)= Around 4k

9. Install by Ajay Kamath and team = Around 3k or more, depending on the amount of FG work (IF needed, for the amp racks/sub enclosure)= Around 5k


There. I crossed my OWN budget. But there is no compromise anywhere. I cant touch 85k for sure. Please feel free to edit my config and repost it.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 10:47   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

May be this would interest you, How about getting one of these Comps for the front Ti6CompElite - Phoenix Gold 6.5" Titanium Elite Component Speakers
They are more like Morel Elate series.

Get two 2 channel kenwood Amps KAC 7204 cost about 9K for the front comps and the other for the sub, plenty of power.

Rear you can have coax as always running through the head unit.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 13:03   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
chiragh_bir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In front of you :P
Posts: 1,123
Thanked: 69 Times
Default

Hmm My Suggestion ( for my taste )

Clarion HU

Original Focal Compos or ID

Ground Zero 12 XD Sub or ID

Amp 4 channel + Mono

Box + Wiring

Damping

Total Around 60 grands

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 28th May 2009 at 13:08.
chiragh_bir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 16:12   #11
BHPian
 
vishnuvijay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin
Posts: 173
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

but isn't Clarion DXZ785USB priced at around Rs.8000. Someone got it for "139$+17$ local shipping" as mentioned in another thread.
vishnuvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 16:20   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
Fountainheader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,502
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuvijay View Post
but isn't Clarion DXZ785USB priced at around Rs.8000. Someone got it for "139$+17$ local shipping" as mentioned in another thread.
Those days are over my friend. Now it costs somewhere close to USD 200.
Fountainheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 16:41   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnuvijay View Post
but isn't Clarion DXZ785USB priced at around Rs.8000. Someone got it for "139$+17$ local shipping" as mentioned in another thread.
and the local shipping mentioned is the one within US not to India
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 17:19   #14
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

There are still a few available at the 150$ mark with free shipping
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2009, 11:10   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,509
Thanked: 3,884 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
1. Clarion DXZ785USB: 12k
2. Illusion Electras Front and Rear: 7k*2= 14k
3. Amp for the Components: GZIA(Iridium Series Amplifier)= 12k
4. Subwoofer: The New Ground Zero 12XDAL/ 2 TW30T's : Around 16k
5. Amp for the Subwoofer/s: GZTA (Titanium Series Monoblock Amplfier)= ~18k
6. GZ wiring Kit: Around 4k
7. Ported Enclosure for the sub/s (all ported enclosures need not be for SPL, this one will be tuned for tight, controlled bass)= Around 3k
8. Noisekill in the 4 doors (as much as needed)= Around 4k
9. Install by Ajay Kamath and team = Around 3k or more, depending on the amount of FG work (IF needed, for the amp racks/sub enclosure)= Around 5k
I cant touch 85k for sure. Please feel free to edit my config and repost it.
Think of using JBL GTO amps instead of GZ and 10" SVC subs instead of 12" DVC subs. That might save you 10K and get the budget under 75k.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fun-to-Ride Motorcycle for 75K! driverace Motorbikes 126 14th October 2013 20:21
Baleno 75K done and still going strong !! madhukar_n Long-Term Ownership Reviews 47 1st November 2010 11:48
ICEing my iKon (Low on Budget) thorpe In-Car Entertainment 14 10th April 2010 18:55
Best INDIAN car for ICEing: Budget below 9 lacs frankmehta In-Car Entertainment 71 11th June 2009 02:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks