Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 10th June 2009, 18:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Even after amping they will not rattle.
1. The cables etc. are stayed down and damped very well
2. The mounting arrangement of the panel is really good

Check for anomalies if your door rattles - something somewhere must be loose or 'extra'.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 19:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Just 2 cent ( paisa ) advice from someone who is not blessed with Audiophil ears or is simply ignorent of finer nuances of Audio.

My setup in Safari is very basic but it initially it was sounding crappy.
It was installed by a local guy as per my instructions of absolutely no cutting or deviation from OEM.
Later I got the speakers re-installed from Satya ( BlueRaven), Instead of cutting the plastic trim or putting MDF ring inside , He fitted speakers on triagular MDF ( same size and shape as of plastic grill) , And screwed this on the door at stock location. Due to this MDF all the vibrations of plastic trim have died out and the sound is really good.

Search for one of thread from Satya on Safari to see the pictures.

One more thing I do not think Safari door needs any damping becuase in 2.2 VTT doors there is already a damping pad factory fitted. Also the vibrations are from inner door trim and not from the door metal sheet.
Still if you want damping there is a cheaper dual purpose option.

Instead of Damping you can go for 3M/ Wurth undebody rust protection tratment at TASS they put coating both on underbody and inside the door panels. You can even ask service advisor to put a little thicker coat in the doors. For Safari they are really generous.
This is an additional coat of Butyl Rubber Paint inside the door panels of all 4 doors which is almost as thick as costlier butyl based adhasive damping material for just 3500 Rs ( along with underbody rust protection for free or damping free from whatever point of view you like to see it)

Regards
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 19:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Considering the equipment you already have, you just need a good pair of compos and the real-fills.

depends on your budget and taste so please quote your budget and try to audition as many as possible.

Regarding install i just know about DRIVEN and GYRO and both are very competent and i am sure you can seek help from LBM too for auditioning and Install advice.

Cheers
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 09:31   #19
BHPian

@Sunny
Yes, that's the advice and appreciation () I wanted.... I have good equipment but not nice wiring and speakers. I want to put the JBL 75.4 to use for the 4 speakers and the JBL 300.1 for the bass tube. Or I may use the 75.4 for the front components and the bass tube and keep the 300.1 for use in my Sierra...

I noticed that chirag_bir has put up Focals (6-1/2") up for sale in the classifieds. Advise whether these can be picked up for use with the 75.4 in the Safari as front components? Also, then what happens to the warranty issues !?!
asejwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 10:49   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Search for one of thread from Satya on Safari to see the pictures.
Regards
Bhai, link bata do....Tried searching - could not locate.
Old 11th June 2009, 12:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asejwal View Post
Bhai, link bata do....Tried searching - could not locate.
Link nahi mili ..
Could not find the same thread but will click a picture of the mounting and post by evening .
amitk26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 15:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

I would say run the BassTube and front compos with 75.4 and it has enough power.

Run the Realfills(ovals) from HU and i believe you should be just fine.

And it obviously depends on the quality of components cos you have a mighty 75.4 there so enough power.

And even if you feel that you need more power, then you can alter the setup and start using Mono but i am not fully sure cos havnt seen much people using Mono for Basstube. so you might need to invest for a Nice Sub+enclosure too.

Also, take good care of the wiring and i am sure you dont need damping as Safari doors are already heavy.

Only issue is that after every couple of months you will need tyo check and tighten the screws maybe.

Regarding the focals, depends on the deal cos the new Electra components are just gr8 for the price around 6k.

so audition them also at LBM's and i am sure you will like them as they are total VFM.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 11:28   #23
BHPian

Default Hertz Components - tweeter malfunctioning

Hi all! I have a JBL 75.4 firing my front comps - Hertz and the JBL bass tube in my Safari 2.2Vtt 4x4.

I have 2 issues - the amp has been repaired recently because the mosfets were providing power erratically. I feel that after the repairs, the sound is not as clean as it used to be. What could be the issue?

Secondly, one of the tweeters goes off suddenly and again comes to life if I increase the volume. When I again decrease the volume, it again goes off. Is this an issue with the Amp or is it the tweeter?

Could the Gurus shed some light please?

Rgds
Arun
Old 15th December 2015, 16:20   #24
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hertz Components - tweeter malfunctioning

Quote:
... the amp has been repaired recently because the mosfets were providing power erratically. I feel that after the repairs, the sound is not as clean as it used to be. What could be the issue? ...
Have the system tuned again. Sounds like the gain knob setting got changed.

Quote:
... Secondly, one of the tweeters goes off suddenly and again comes to life if I increase the volume. When I again decrease the volume, it again goes off. Is this an issue with the Amp or is it the tweeter? ...
Possibly a capacitor in the Cross Over. Have it checked.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2015, 02:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Advice Required on ICEing my Safari Ex 4x4

If you have access, try swapping the tweeters without swapping the crossovers. This should help you figure out where the problem lies
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote