Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 13th June 2005, 14:15   #1

Default suggestions/help reqd about car audio

Bought my first car in india. its an 01 Hyundai Accent GLS. Its black.. I badly need to buy a new car audio system. Which is best. My budget is around 10K+

I would like to add Ally wheels to it in couple of months. How much will be the cost..? Is there any chance of getting them second hand..?

My plan is to use this car for an year or year and half and buy my dream machine (NHC). So dont want to spend a lot on this.

Siliconboy
siliconboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2005, 19:08   #2

Wink

hw much did u buy it fr Siliconboy?
guess u and i are both facing similar probs. Even i bot a 2000 accent recently and wish to put new system, LPG kit and if the budget permits thereafter Alloy wheels.

i bot this one fr 2.8Lkh...guess got it a bit expensive tho the veh is in gud shape.
Hw abt u? Hw much and hw many Km?
prasygreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2005, 20:52   #3
Team-BHP Support

Do you intend to upgrade compoents or just live with this system? If you intend to upgrade components i would suggest spending all of it on either a good HU, or front speakers (depending on what you got now).
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2005, 04:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

10K is less for a top-end system but enough for you to get the kind of sound you want.

Kenwood and sony xplos and jvc stereo units are available for within 7K range.A co-axial rears will cost close to 2.5-3k for a 3-way pair from kenwood or pioneer .fronts are usually thrown free but check that the cone is a kevlar one and not plastic or paper.

Alloy wheels made by Aura are excellent quality and affordable too.Dont know d price for alloys for ur car though.And do anything but dont buy used alloys .

cheers
Boyracer
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2005, 09:19   #5

hey,
i paid 3.6L for my car. 2001 mid year model and ran 50K. what u guys think..? car is checked and mechanic reported that its really in good condition.

i think i will go for sony xplod..!! factory fitted speakers sounds OK now and as of now no plans to change them.

yes, i may not go for used alloy as i heard lotsa complaint. am driving to kerala this weekend.

siliconboy
Old 14th June 2005, 12:06   #6
BHPian

Pioneer cassette HU - 4800 or
Pioneer Single CD/Mp3 player - 6000
Pioneer 6X9 rear shelf - 2300
Pioneer 4" front - 1000
All prices are approx.

My first choice is Pioneer coz they are the best value for money package and for their reliability.

You will get the same package in Sony/Kenwood give and take 1000 bucks.

Aura and Neo wheels make alloy wheels for the accent. The new Neo collection seems to better than the aura. More contemporary collection. You can go to their website and take a look.

Alloys should set you back around 14000 to 15000 for a set of 5.
5u3zEr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2005, 13:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey siliconboy congrats on your purchase.becareful when selecting audio components ad there is a lot of fake stuff floating around.and i would suggest you go in for brand new alloys and not used ones.

does any one know what the neo and aura websites are ??

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2005, 14:20   #8

www.auraalloywheels.com

"u can get it if u do a google search"

siliconboy
Old 14th June 2005, 19:26   #9
Team-BHP Support

Hey 5u3, good work.
siliconboy. just be careful with Pio. their success in india has bred many fakes. i suspect sony would have equivalents to Pio with less chance of fakes.

Last edited by navin : 14th June 2005 at 19:27.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2005, 18:08   #10
BHPian

Could any one suggest a nice car audio service in chennai to get my music system fixed. My pioneer CD changer developed some problem and skips too often these days.

i initially got it fitted by radio warehouse in chennai. They are not very professional i think. So looking for an alternative to them.
Also they have to be safe enough to trust and give the CD changer.
readonly is offline   Reply With Quote