Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 4th March 2010, 00:43   #16
BHPian

hi navin
another query. for front USB head units like Alpine 100EUB, is it necessary to insert a USB MP3 player or is it just enough to insert pen drive Only (to play MP3's)
drkunaldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 10:37   #17
BHPian

A pen drive is all you need
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 23:04   #18
BHPian

any good installer in noida? please give suggestions
drkunaldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 17:29   #19
BHPian

Default Please advICE

After putting it off for months, I'm finally going to get my i10 ICEd tomorrow.

After trawling through the forum, this is what I've shortlisted:

I'm planning either a Kenwood or a Pioneer HU for around 5K

and 6.5" comps -- JBL 608C/anything else that sounds good -- ~4k

I'm heavily into 70s rock, so i want to listen before i buy. Is there any shop in delhi that lets you sample different combinations before finalising, especially since it's such a budget set-up? (Before you say "everyone does", i've tried three so far in noida and laxmi nagar... two didn't stock JBL and all three had a fix set of combos--mostly Sony; bestsellers, one called them--for demo)

Last edited by naru : 30th March 2010 at 17:43.
naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 18:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
After putting it off for months, I'm finally going to get my i10 ICEd tomorrow.

After trawling through the forum, this is what I've shortlisted:

I'm planning either a Kenwood or a Pioneer HU for around 5K

and 6.5" comps -- JBL 608C/anything else that sounds good -- ~4k

I'm heavily into 70s rock, so i want to listen before i buy. Is there any shop in delhi that lets you sample different combinations before finalising, especially since it's such a budget set-up? (Before you say "everyone does", i've tried three so far in noida and laxmi nagar... two didn't stock JBL and all three had a fix set of combos--mostly Sony; bestsellers, one called them--for demo)
why don't you catch hold of a few t-bhpians and listen to different setups already installed? besides, are there any other components at 4k? i'm sure you'll have to move in region of 6-6.5k to sample other combinations.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 19:15   #21
BHPian

Unfortunately, I've been a pretty passive member all this while, and don't really know any bhp-ian that well.

I'll go to Lajpat Nagar tomorrow and listen to some set-ups in a few shops.

Can you guys tell me which kenny/pio models (and price) I can expect under 5k which go well with the 608c?

Thanks
Old 30th March 2010, 19:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately, I've been a pretty passive member all this while, and don't really know any bhp-ian that well.

I'll go to Lajpat Nagar tomorrow and listen to some set-ups in a few shops.

Can you guys tell me which kenny/pio models (and price) I can expect under 5k which go well with the 608c?

Thanks
am not aware of model nos in basic range. but be cautious at lajpat nagar and don't get fooled by asking shops the HU price and selecting one that sells cheapest. they know other ways to cheat. go through the threads, i'm sure you'll find people and stores who have a reputation at stake. visit them and ask for demos. i would advise kenwood over pioneer - sounds good, available at reasonable prices with B&W. the 608c is a v.decent set for its price.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:01   #23
BHPian

ok. was planning to get everything grey...

Have read a lot about Driven, but he seems to be for high-end stuff only, and doesn't stock JBL.

Any other suggestions?
Old 30th March 2010, 20:18   #24
BHPian

Quote:
ok. was planning to get everything grey...

Have read a lot about Driven, but he seems to be for high-end stuff only, and doesn't stock JBL.

Any other suggestions?
usually stocks JBL. also has polk n other brands. you could go in for a pioneer in grey... may be connect both and see which sounds good. but it's better to fix up a time for all this kalakari. if he is informed, he can call you when he is reasonably well-placed so you aren't competing with his big customers.. on a weekday, it shouldn't be a problem. and there are many others you could visit as well.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
usually stocks JBL. also has polk n other brands. you could go in for a pioneer in grey... may be connect both and see which sounds good. but it's better to fix up a time for all this kalakari. if he is informed, he can call you when he is reasonably well-placed so you aren't competing with his big customers.. on a weekday, it shouldn't be a problem. and there are many others you could visit as well.
Which are the many other? I'm planning a trip to Dehradun this weekend, so the hurry to get it done before Fri.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:06   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
hi navin,
is it possible / feasible or advisable to have 3 -way 6"co-axial speakers in the door with the above HU's. what are various pros / cons over 2 -way co-axial speakers.
Most cars do not have stock locations for 3 way speakers. This mean one has to make significant modifications to the door and/or A pillar to install a 3 way.

The advantages are many, for example:
a. the tweeter and midrange (which is much smaller than a midabss of a 2 way) can be installed close to each other.

b. a dediacted midrange will usually have much better midrange response than a woofer or tweeter in a 2 way and the ear is very sensitive to the midrange frequencies.

c. smaller midranges have better dispersion that that of alrger woofers so with more of the audio frequencies being reproduced by the midrange and tweeter the sweet spot in a car can get wider.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:03   #27
BHPian

India is a cheaper destination for electronics compared to UK. Try to fill your luggage with some chocolates instead :-)
ranjitkodali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 10:28   #28
Senior - BHPian

@drkunaldas, 3-way coaxials are unlikely to be effective from the door location. Mounted on the parcel shelf one just might make out some difference, but then in that location 6x9 ovals would be preferable over 6" round, due to the better bass from them. In the rear door location a good 2-way is sufficient.

The USB in an HU is usually meant to read pendrives. Other than iPod (which require a special interface), all other PMPs are interfaced by connecting the earphone output to the Aux-in of the HU. Even iPods can be connected the same way, but in this case one has to control from the iPod, not the HU.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 11:49   #29
BHPian

Post Touch screen HUs ?

I was trying to search touchscreen HUs with a color display. (Not DVD HUs..)
Are there any good touchscreen HUs to go within a budget of 12-15K?

Care.

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote