Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2010, 00:43   #16
BHPian
 
drkunaldas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 137
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

hi navin
another query. for front USB head units like Alpine 100EUB, is it necessary to insert a USB MP3 player or is it just enough to insert pen drive Only (to play MP3's)
drkunaldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 10:37   #17
BHPian
 
sathee46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 465
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

A pen drive is all you need
sathee46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2010, 23:04   #18
BHPian
 
drkunaldas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Noida
Posts: 137
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

any good installer in noida? please give suggestions
drkunaldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 17:29   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NCR
Posts: 132
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Please advICE

After putting it off for months, I'm finally going to get my i10 ICEd tomorrow.

After trawling through the forum, this is what I've shortlisted:

I'm planning either a Kenwood or a Pioneer HU for around 5K

and 6.5" comps -- JBL 608C/anything else that sounds good -- ~4k

I'm heavily into 70s rock, so i want to listen before i buy. Is there any shop in delhi that lets you sample different combinations before finalising, especially since it's such a budget set-up? (Before you say "everyone does", i've tried three so far in noida and laxmi nagar... two didn't stock JBL and all three had a fix set of combos--mostly Sony; bestsellers, one called them--for demo)

Last edited by naru : 30th March 2010 at 17:43.
naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 18:58   #20
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
After putting it off for months, I'm finally going to get my i10 ICEd tomorrow.

After trawling through the forum, this is what I've shortlisted:

I'm planning either a Kenwood or a Pioneer HU for around 5K

and 6.5" comps -- JBL 608C/anything else that sounds good -- ~4k

I'm heavily into 70s rock, so i want to listen before i buy. Is there any shop in delhi that lets you sample different combinations before finalising, especially since it's such a budget set-up? (Before you say "everyone does", i've tried three so far in noida and laxmi nagar... two didn't stock JBL and all three had a fix set of combos--mostly Sony; bestsellers, one called them--for demo)
why don't you catch hold of a few t-bhpians and listen to different setups already installed? besides, are there any other components at 4k? i'm sure you'll have to move in region of 6-6.5k to sample other combinations.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 19:15   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NCR
Posts: 132
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Unfortunately, I've been a pretty passive member all this while, and don't really know any bhp-ian that well.

I'll go to Lajpat Nagar tomorrow and listen to some set-ups in a few shops.

Can you guys tell me which kenny/pio models (and price) I can expect under 5k which go well with the 608c?

Thanks
naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 19:30   #22
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
Unfortunately, I've been a pretty passive member all this while, and don't really know any bhp-ian that well.

I'll go to Lajpat Nagar tomorrow and listen to some set-ups in a few shops.

Can you guys tell me which kenny/pio models (and price) I can expect under 5k which go well with the 608c?

Thanks
am not aware of model nos in basic range. but be cautious at lajpat nagar and don't get fooled by asking shops the HU price and selecting one that sells cheapest. they know other ways to cheat. go through the threads, i'm sure you'll find people and stores who have a reputation at stake. visit them and ask for demos. i would advise kenwood over pioneer - sounds good, available at reasonable prices with B&W. the 608c is a v.decent set for its price.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 20:01   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NCR
Posts: 132
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

ok. was planning to get everything grey...

Have read a lot about Driven, but he seems to be for high-end stuff only, and doesn't stock JBL.

Any other suggestions?
naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 20:18   #24
BHPian
 
montyguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 295
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
ok. was planning to get everything grey...

Have read a lot about Driven, but he seems to be for high-end stuff only, and doesn't stock JBL.

Any other suggestions?
usually stocks JBL. also has polk n other brands. you could go in for a pioneer in grey... may be connect both and see which sounds good. but it's better to fix up a time for all this kalakari. if he is informed, he can call you when he is reasonably well-placed so you aren't competing with his big customers.. on a weekday, it shouldn't be a problem. and there are many others you could visit as well.
montyguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2010, 20:54   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NCR
Posts: 132
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
usually stocks JBL. also has polk n other brands. you could go in for a pioneer in grey... may be connect both and see which sounds good. but it's better to fix up a time for all this kalakari. if he is informed, he can call you when he is reasonably well-placed so you aren't competing with his big customers.. on a weekday, it shouldn't be a problem. and there are many others you could visit as well.
Which are the many other? I'm planning a trip to Dehradun this weekend, so the hurry to get it done before Fri.
naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 10:06   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,505
Thanked: 3,882 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkunaldas View Post
hi navin,
is it possible / feasible or advisable to have 3 -way 6"co-axial speakers in the door with the above HU's. what are various pros / cons over 2 -way co-axial speakers.
Most cars do not have stock locations for 3 way speakers. This mean one has to make significant modifications to the door and/or A pillar to install a 3 way.

The advantages are many, for example:
a. the tweeter and midrange (which is much smaller than a midabss of a 2 way) can be installed close to each other.

b. a dediacted midrange will usually have much better midrange response than a woofer or tweeter in a 2 way and the ear is very sensitive to the midrange frequencies.

c. smaller midranges have better dispersion that that of alrger woofers so with more of the audio frequencies being reproduced by the midrange and tweeter the sweet spot in a car can get wider.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:03   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 27
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

India is a cheaper destination for electronics compared to UK. Try to fill your luggage with some chocolates instead :-)
ranjitkodali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 10:28   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

@drkunaldas, 3-way coaxials are unlikely to be effective from the door location. Mounted on the parcel shelf one just might make out some difference, but then in that location 6x9 ovals would be preferable over 6" round, due to the better bass from them. In the rear door location a good 2-way is sufficient.

The USB in an HU is usually meant to read pendrives. Other than iPod (which require a special interface), all other PMPs are interfaced by connecting the earphone output to the Aux-in of the HU. Even iPods can be connected the same way, but in this case one has to control from the iPod, not the HU.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 11:49   #29
BHPian
 
driverace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 407
Thanked: 142 Times
Post Touch screen HUs ?

I was trying to search touchscreen HUs with a color display. (Not DVD HUs..)
Are there any good touchscreen HUs to go within a budget of 12-15K?

Care.

Ace.
driverace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE ICE baby. Punto"ICE"fied Soccerfan In-Car Entertainment 45 10th March 2012 21:40
All i10 & i20 owners, I need feedback EDIT - Booked i10 AT Asta Tejas@perioimpl Hatchbacks 89 12th October 2011 14:58
Vista safire aura , punto1.2 active, i10 magna kappa1.2,ritz lxi. EDIT : Booked i10! anusha_snh Hatchbacks 66 25th October 2009 16:43
ICE ICE Baby!!!!!!!!(Swift ICE) scarlet.fever In-Car Entertainment 21 23rd September 2009 20:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks