Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 24th June 2009, 18:57   #1
BHPian

Default AV out cable for JVC AVX 700

Hi guys,

I have JVC AVX 700 HU in my Swift. I now want to install an external Display and also reverse parking cam and connect it to my HU. And for that i require a cable as shown in the pic below. I tried to source it from the JVC authorised service center in Trichur and Ernakulam. But after keeping me wait for a month they say they cant get it as it belongs to accessories and is not shipped to JVC service centers.

Kindly help me find this cable, or atleast can anybody guide me on where i can get it please.

Name:  JVC AVX 700 new.jpg
Views: 2239
Size:  45.4 KB

AV out cable for JVC AVX 700-jvc-avx-700.jpg
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2009, 23:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Where you have marked the circle, it is pointing to a cable that should have been there in the box that the unit originally came it. One side a rectangular connector, other side RCA sockets. Didn't you get one in the box?

Or is it that you have the above cable (plugs into the connector at the back of the HU) and you want the RCA-to-RCA AV connection cable? This is a pretty much standard cable that you can find with auto accessory shops to connect LCDs to VCD players.

If you didn't get the original cable in the box, and you are not getting it from JVC, and if you are really desperate, you could actually have the thing fabricated locally (jugaad cable).
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2009, 08:03   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Where you have marked the circle, it is pointing to a cable that should have been there in the box that the unit originally came it. One side a rectangular connector, other side RCA sockets. Didn't you get one in the box?

Or is it that you have the above cable (plugs into the connector at the back of the HU) and you want the RCA-to-RCA AV connection cable? This is a pretty much standard cable that you can find with auto accessory shops to connect LCDs to VCD players.

If you didn't get the original cable in the box, and you are not getting it from JVC, and if you are really desperate, you could actually have the thing fabricated locally (jugaad cable).
I had it in the box sir, but its misplaced now as its more than a year.

Checked for it now when i want to connect an external LCD and reverse cam.

I want the same One side a rectangular connector, other side RCA sockets as shown in circle.

Like to have em stock , so dont wanna try jugaad work.

Last edited by srikant : 25th June 2009 at 08:05.
Old 25th June 2009, 10:27   #4
Senior - BHPian

This cable is pretty much common between a lot of JVC sets, as Google-baba tells me. The only difference being 700 has dedicated RCA Pre-outs, and 8xx has them in the same connector.

Your only hope is paidal-march - pound the beat querying installers at small shops, if they happen to have this cable left-over from some installation. Not everyone installs 2nd display or amps etc., and not all installers hand-over the left-over stuff (cables, screws, etc.) to the vehicle owner - instead they throw it at the bottom of the nearest drawer or cupboard.

Otherwise, you have to ask JVC service guys to get you one at cost. I think the one you talked to misunderstood you - explain to him again, maybe he will find what is needed. Tell him that you misplaced what came in the box.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2009, 16:09   #5
BHPian

I have done all those procedure that you mentioned in post sir. Only after i failed in all those attempts i came to TBHP to check if somebody from other states can try for me n help me. Or if some installer see this post &, can help me with the same.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:00   #6
BHPian

Can anybody help me find the importer of JVC Impel electronics in Delhi?