Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2009, 22:14   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default ICEing Ritz

Hi Gurus,

Here is my requirement within budget of 20K (Max) for ICEing Ritz.

1) 2 Din MP3/USB Player
2) Door speakers (Advice required, since I don't want to go for box in dickey)
3) Decent music quality
4) Nice ICE shop in Bangalore.

Please help me.

Thanks
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 02:37   #2
BHPian
 
superbhikari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Muzaffarnagar
Posts: 411
Thanked: 143 Times
Default

Kenwood 2 DIN - 7k
Bull/Illusion Elecra 6.5" components - 6k
Blaupunkt GT4MKII Amp - 6k
Wiring+ Install - 2k

Further addition if budget permits -
ID CTX 12" Sub - 8k
Damping front doors - 2k

And you will end with very decent SQ setup.
superbhikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 10:08   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 412
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

You cna try "JJ" on JC Road, it's right opposite the entrace to multi level car park.
They have cool collection of original pioneer headsets, and geat pricing.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 11:05   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

@funda2max, a 2DIN HU will always be costlier than a 1DIN HU for the same set of features. The touchscreen ones are all >20K, the non-touchscreen ones ~12K (Pio, Sony, Kenwood ...).

If you want to go for a 2DIN for the *BLING* factor, go ahead with it (nothing wrong in wanting bling, right?), but remember it will take an extra 2-3K from your budget. On the other hand, if you go with a 1DIN HU, you could go in for (9K or less with b&w) a Blau Hamburg, Kenwood 5039, JVC or Panasonic. Speakers can be Blau, JBL, Alpine etc. Illusion is a good buy, but rather difficult to get off-the-shelf. Pio fakes are a big problem - difficult to avoid. Almost all accessories shops would rather have you buy Sony - their VFM is lower than the others, nothing wrong otherwise.

In your situation, the safest would be to go to Mandovi Motors (the Blau distributor in Bangalore - Wilson Garden behind BTS depot or on Kanakapura Road) and ask for a deal on the HU, THc or ODc components (front), ODx ovals (rear, on an MDF parcel shelf) and GT4 MkII Special amp as a package - should come to 20K. They have competent installers and everything will be with bill & warranty.

Where are you located in BLR? Based on that we can suggest other installers.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 15:23   #5
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
@funda2max, a 2DIN HU will always be costlier than a 1DIN HU for the same set of features. The touchscreen ones are all >20K, the non-touchscreen ones ~12K (Pio, Sony, Kenwood ...).

If you want to go for a 2DIN for the *BLING* factor, go ahead with it (nothing wrong in wanting bling, right?), but remember it will take an extra 2-3K from your budget. On the other hand, if you go with a 1DIN HU, you could go in for (9K or less with b&w) a Blau Hamburg, Kenwood 5039, JVC or Panasonic. Speakers can be Blau, JBL, Alpine etc. Illusion is a good buy, but rather difficult to get off-the-shelf. Pio fakes are a big problem - difficult to avoid. Almost all accessories shops would rather have you buy Sony - their VFM is lower than the others, nothing wrong otherwise.

In your situation, the safest would be to go to Mandovi Motors (the Blau distributor in Bangalore - Wilson Garden behind BTS depot or on Kanakapura Road) and ask for a deal on the HU, THc or ODc components (front), ODx ovals (rear, on an MDF parcel shelf) and GT4 MkII Special amp as a package - should come to 20K. They have competent installers and everything will be with bill & warranty.

Where are you located in BLR? Based on that we can suggest other installers.
Thanks for the reply DerAlte. I am situated in Bannerghatta road, Behind IIM. I am looking for 2Din for that *bling* factor , it looks cool in the waterfall design on Ritz cabin. What do you suggest on 2 Din, Sony, Pioneer or JVC?
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 19:21   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
DerAlte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 8,076
Thanked: 2,876 Times
Default

Search - you will find model number and pics on the forum:
* Pioneer (may not be the cheapest but would be the most reliable) FH-P6050UB or -P5000MP or -P4200MP
* Kenwood DPX-MP2090 (no USB) or DPX-MP5110US (with USB)
* JVC KW-XG706 (not sure of availability)
* Clarion DUZ385 (-do-)
* Sony WX-VX55S (the one that appears in a Maruti ad, I think)

The closest reputed / decent installer for you, apart from Mandovi Motors, is TMC Electronics, East End Road, Jayanagar.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 23:00   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Search - you will find model number and pics on the forum:
* Pioneer (may not be the cheapest but would be the most reliable) FH-P6050UB or -P5000MP or -P4200MP
* Kenwood DPX-MP2090 (no USB) or DPX-MP5110US (with USB)
* JVC KW-XG706 (not sure of availability)
* Clarion DUZ385 (-do-)
* Sony WX-VX55S (the one that appears in a Maruti ad, I think)

The closest reputed / decent installer for you, apart from Mandovi Motors, is TMC Electronics, East End Road, Jayanagar.
Thanks DerAlte. I am not able to find price of Pioneer 6050 anywhere in TBHP. Can you please help me about the pricing ?
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 23:06   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

The Pioneer 6050 Double Din Costs around 9500 or something in Delhi.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 13:32   #9
BHPian
 
shreyasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bang!
Posts: 652
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Thanks for the reply DerAlte. I am situated in Bannerghatta road, Behind IIM. I am looking for 2Din for that *bling* factor , it looks cool in the waterfall design on Ritz cabin. What do you suggest on 2 Din, Sony, Pioneer or JVC?

Hey man, I stay behind apollo hospital. Let me know if you need any help on the weekend with your ICE. I shall try and let you know about the 2dins available with an installer i know.
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 22:57   #10
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hey man, I stay behind apollo hospital. Let me know if you need any help on the weekend with your ICE. I shall try and let you know about the 2dins available with an installer i know.
Yes, certainly. Please let me know when you have some information to share.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 23:38   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Finally ICEd!

Folks,

Thanks for your reply. I finally put Pioneer FH-P6050UB + Sony explode XS-GTX16402 (Rear), XS-GTF13252 (Front). All together it came around 13,500 including fitting charges. It was done at JJ enterprises in JC road, Bangalore. His price was best among other shops. The sound quality is brilliant and details are awesome. I will post pictures soon.
funda2max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2009, 23:40   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Good that you are enjoying it.

Congrats.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 01:12   #13
BHPian
 
ghpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 869
Thanked: 192 Times
Default

Sony Explode doesn't really explodes the full potential which your good HU has.
but if you are happy with it, that's what you paid it for.

enjoy the ICE.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 01:19   #14
BHPian
 
shreyasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bang!
Posts: 652
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Hey congrats friend!! Please do post some pics in the show off thread. It can help those people who want to ICE in less budget and who share similar listening taste like you.
shreyasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 16:50   #15
BHPian
 
AKi10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 29
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hey man, I stay behind apollo hospital. Let me know if you need any help on the weekend with your ICE. I shall try and let you know about the 2dins available with an installer i know.
Hey where exactly do you stay. I stay near to Meenakshi Temple on Bannerghatta road.
AKi10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 WagonR Vxi Vs Ritz Lxi EDIT: Its Ritz ! akshay Hatchbacks 24 25th July 2014 12:57
My very own first car - Ritz Zxi or i10 Asta? EDIT: Booked Ritz Zxi. Gandhi Hatchbacks 93 24th November 2009 15:50
ICEing my Ritz Options[looking for some solution] arunmur In-Car Entertainment 4 27th October 2009 15:51
ICEing the Magnum mshooli In-Car Entertainment 64 18th August 2008 13:21
ICEing Baleno.. pl jump in to help Merlin In-Car Entertainment 17 30th November 2007 13:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:04.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks