Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 1st July 2009, 11:43   #1
BHPian

Default Punto / Linea - Update HU + Retain Steering controls

Hi guys,

Just found this link while I was looking up some stuff on Google.

Car Audio Direct - CTSFA004 CAN-Bus steering control adaptor - Steering Control Adaptor

Quote from the site: Car Audio Direct for car stereo, navigation and audiovisual electronics.
"Connects 2 CAN-Bus interface leads make it possible to update your existing factory head unit to a new model whilst still retaining use of your stalk/steering wheel audio controls."

Could be useful for anyone with a Linea / Punto who wants to upgrade the HU.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 08:48   #2

Hi i am getting my Linea on 06 of this month, could u give me more detail on the audio system of it. I came to know from others that lenia audio system is not so good. What all i can do to improve its performance
Lakshya Sharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:09   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshya Sharma View Post
Hi i am getting my Linea on 06 of this month, could u give me more detail on the audio system of it. I came to know from others that lenia audio system is not so good. What all i can do to improve its performance
Hey I'm no Audio Guru. I just know that the Blue & me functionality and steering controls being integrated with the audio system makes it difficult to change the HU.

That's why when i stumbled across this product i thought i'd post it here cause it claims to solve the problem of changing the HU.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 09:19   #4
BHPian

thanks for the info.
vivekanand005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2017, 17:10   #5
BHPian

Default Re: Punto / Linea - Update HU + Retain Steering controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
Hi guys,

Just found this link while I was looking up some stuff on Google.

Car Audio Direct - CTSFA004 CAN-Bus steering control adaptor - Steering Control Adaptor

Quote from the site: Car Audio Direct for car stereo, navigation and audiovisual electronics.
"Connects 2 CAN-Bus interface leads make it possible to update your existing factory head unit to a new model whilst still retaining use of your stalk/steering wheel audio controls."

Could be useful for anyone with a Linea / Punto who wants to upgrade the HU.
Hi, the above Link is not working.

I just installed an aftermarket HU to my Fiat Linea Emotion; which has "RDS Tuner and Steering Wheel Controls (SWC)"; it says - "An additional interface (sold separately) is required. We recommend the Metra ASWC."

I stay in India, can you please help me if you know from where can i get such an adapter, or from any other manufacturer in India?

Thank you in advance
ego4evr is online now   Reply With Quote