BHPian

Default Replacing Pioneer 7750

Hi,

I have the following set up in my

My Hyundai Getz
------------
Head Unit: Sony CDX - GT270S
Fornt: JBL GTO - 508C 5 1/4
Rear: Blaupunkt GT series 6" component - woofers only (used one)
Name:  sony270s.jpg
Views: 3772
Size:  23.9 KB
Summary:
Well the midrange is superb and sound filling is superb, well i know you all will say Sony is not a good Head unit when it comes to high standards SQ i accept that.
The reason i bought this was its metal finish was integrating well with my getz looks and sounded pretty decent because it is mostly driven by my dad.

My Hyundai Accent:
------------------
Head Unit: Pioneer DEH - 7750 MP
Fornt: Blaupunkt GT series 5 1/4 or 6 dont remember (life saver).
Rear: Pioneer ovals - worst as it can be
Amp: Sony 554 ZR 4 channel
Sub: JBL GT 12" 1000- Watts
Name:  DEHP7750MP_L.jpg
Views: 2404
Size:  23.2 KB
Summary:The head unit is superb and has many minute settings with which i can choose the frequencies i want to boost up, the front components have less midrange than the JBL 508 and do not fill it much, rears are not worth listening to, Subwoofer is just amazing, before this i hadd got a Kenwood 10" but with the Block rockin beat
song it only survived 15 days, then i upgraded to the JBL woofer which seems solid,it used to get me high blood pressure when it was installed in my previous zen.

Well my problems and questions are:

1.i want to upgrade my Accents componens to JBL 508 or higher, but the problem is the sound from the 508 in getz is not that quality sharp, i am not sure this is because of the Head unit or the components, i think the sony 270 s manual states+ or - 10 db @ 10 KHZ for High, pioneer 7750 is 14 khz or 16khz eq so it sounds sharper! this is what i think, but i am not an expert. so if the problems is with the head units freq response then i will change the components of my accent without fear.

My Pioneer DEH-P7750MP Head unit (in Accent) is not reading CD's or MP3's, first this happened intermittently but now its not reading at all, it says ERROR 11 or ERROR 17, what could be the reason? i asked one shop he said the lens has to be changed and it would cost around Rs 1500

2.will it be, as good as it was if i change the lens?
3. What is the replacement of this model, the newer pioneer all seems same to me with no
graphics display at all?
4. kenwood x9006 ? is it available i want one with good display and good sound clarity also,
because i will keep it for long, please suggest some equivalent or better models with price
max 15k..

Thanks
Krish
krish82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 21:34   #2
BHPian

Default Some Snaps

some snaps attached
[ATTACH][ATTACH]Replacing Pioneer 7750-jbl_acc.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Replacing Pioneer 7750-getz-sony.jpg  

Replacing Pioneer 7750-pio_acc.jpg  

Old 5th July 2009, 21:56   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
My Pioneer DEH-P7750MP Head unit (in Accent) is not reading CD's or MP3's, first this happened intermittently but now its not reading at all, it says ERROR 11 or ERROR 17, what could be the reason? i asked one shop he said the lens has to be changed and it would cost around Rs 1500
Most probably you lens is real dirty, as sometimes its not possible for lens cleaner to do all the cleaning.

If you could open the HU, or if you can ask any repair wala to clean the lens after opening the HU, it may work for another few months.

Rs.1500/- is a premium price for lens change,
Last time i checked the Lens cost, it was mere Rs.200/- in all, If one has D.I.Y. ability, once could change it every month instead of cleaning.

Ask any repair shop to clean the lens using the lens cleaner and it should be done for 100-150 at most.

I clean it with my AXE deodorant and it worked every time in last 2 years. haven't changed Lens in last one year or so.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 22:30   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

boss lens repair in delhi is between 500-700.

1500 is daylight robbery, or premium service
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2009, 22:44   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Most probably you lens is real dirty, as sometimes its not possible for lens cleaner to do all the cleaning.

If you could open the HU, or if you can ask any repair wala to clean the lens after opening the HU, it may work for another few months.

Rs.1500/- is a premium price for lens change,
Last time i checked the Lens cost, it was mere Rs.200/- in all, If one has D.I.Y. ability, once could change it every month instead of cleaning.

Ask any repair shop to clean the lens using the lens cleaner and it should be done for 100-150 at most.

I clean it with my AXE deodorant and it worked every time in last 2 years. haven't changed Lens in last one year or so.
Hey thanks, you mean to say that, can i open the Head unit and clean the lens my self.My shop fellow says you have to order lens for the particular model and will cost 1400, can any one give details about a better shop in chennai. All people seem to loot money, the shop i regularly do it from i have got him more than 4 customers, no humanity left now days.
Old 5th July 2009, 22:55   #6
BHPian

if you can handle that much Do-it-yourself zeal, you can certainly clean it up.
Eject any CD you may have before taking out power jack.

open the HU, see if you can see the Lens from the outer cover.
If you see it, best option without any further opening would be use a Ear Bud, Spray your favorite DEO and ALA CLEAN.

You'll just need to clean the Transparent rounded lens(mostly)

And if you get any lens replaced at un-authorized outlets, you'll find same LENS available at different pricing.

I am sure about the pricing i posted above, its what my Sony Car MP3 player uses and the spare part expert told me its kinda Generic for similar HU.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 08:30   #7
BHPian

Hi ,

I dont know about other sets as I havent used them but My Pioneer 7750 ( purchased in Aug 2004 ) is still working fine & I must say its one of the best Unit money could buy , I got its lens changed in Aug 2008 for some Rs 800 in Lajpat Nagar , other than this I havent spent a single rupee on this head unit for repair - i mean to say - kharab hi nahin hotta , ( it doesnt ever get in a non-working condition )
passion4cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 12:28   #8
BHPian

Any body answer question 1,3,4 any good head unit thats better than 7750 with good graphics display