Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th July 2009, 11:22   #16
BHPian

Hey 4-strings.. congrats on the set up. I take it from your name that u listen to trance?

I would also like to join u guys on saturday. Lemme know when .
silver baleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 11:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strings View Post
I have been really pressed for time so it'll be a quick one, starting with the thank yous

, drvhplyevraftr,
Cant really recollect in what way I had helped but glad I was able to and happy that you are enjoying your new setup!!.
drvhplyevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 11:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
i would also like to check-out the bulls. my car's ice is also done by pankaj bhai. let me know what time you are meeting.

UM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver baleno View Post
Hey 4-strings.. congrats on the set up. I take it from your name that u listen to trance?

No, actually I am a Bass player and hence the name.

I would also like to join u guys on saturday. Lemme know when .
Would be 1st half on Saturday, ill be in touch with Nishant so we could meet directly at FM Drive, it'll be great to see you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Cant really recollect in what way I had helped but glad I was able to and happy that you are enjoying your new setup!!.
Thanks sirji.

Last edited by 4strings : 7th July 2009 at 11:54.
4strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 14:39   #19
BHPian

Ok, Saturday first half it is. FM Drive opens at 10.30 -11 Am, so will be there by 11 am.

I too need some advice on my current ice and some space saving idea to be discussed with pankaj bhai.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 16:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Yes, even i want to know why?? as i have also been using the same size box with 12" GZ sub for about 7months now
I was using a ~1.3 cuft enclosure with my 12 inch GZ MKII. The bass was good. But when I switched over to a ~1 cuft / 33 ltr sealed box, it was way better.

You can appreciate the change only when you change to a tighter/smaller box. Until then, the existing box will sound pretty decent to a layman's ears.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 21:15   #21
BHPian

Hi, I might also be at FM drive on saturday morning, need to book my damping work and imprint set up for my hu, also my speaker upgrade was going to do it DIY, but since he has the imprint thingy it makes sense to do the upgrades in Bombay before i head back to Goa, plus I'll probably be driving alone so will take advantage and enjoy my music. Will be nice to meet up with some guys from the ICE section.

Cheers,

Stefan
stefanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 10:11   #22
BHPian

Nice setup there, 4strings.
Would love to audition this one
arpandiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 12:58   #23
BHPian

@4 strings:

Nice setup there - I have personally found Kenwood+Bull to be a very good combination, its great to see another such setup here....hope you're listening to lots of RHCP/Iron Maiden/Victor Wooten etc
Flying Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 18:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
Ok, Saturday first half it is. FM Drive opens at 10.30 -11 Am, so will be there by 11 am.

UM
I should be there by around that time too, depends on when Pankaj Bhai gives me a slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Hi, I might also be at FM drive on saturday morning, need to book my damping work and imprint set up for my hu, also my speaker upgrade was going to do it DIY, but since he has the imprint thingy it makes sense to do the upgrades in Bombay before i head back to Goa, plus I'll probably be driving alone so will take advantage and enjoy my music. Will be nice to meet up with some guys from the ICE section.

Cheers,

Stefan
Are you planning for Noise Kill or Dynamite ? I got charged 160 bucks a sq ft, which I think is a little steep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Nice setup there, 4strings.
Would love to audition this one
Anytime Sirji, just PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post
@4 strings:

Nice setup there - I have personally found Kenwood+Bull to be a very good combination, its great to see another such setup here....hope you're listening to lots of RHCP/Iron Maiden/Victor Wooten etc
Adam Nitti, Tony Levin, Spyro Gyra, Rush etc. etc. & of course our very own A R Rahman
Old 9th July 2009, 19:27   #25
BHPian

Hi 4Strings,

Hope you're enjoying your new set up. Going for either noise kill or sadesigns damping, the pricing i think is very similar, still not decided will discuss with Pankaj when i go there. 160sqft is not bad if that's also including installation?

Last edited by stefanm : 9th July 2009 at 19:29. Reason: addition
stefanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 23:43   #26
BHPian

Don't mean to dampen anyone's enthusiasm, but I'd just like to comment on one thing:

I just got my car damped with Dynamat Extreme, and there's no comparison. It's definitely worth it for anyone who really wants good quality damping. Again not to hurt anyone, but I found Dynamat thicker and better than the competition. It also happens to be around double the cost.
DocG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 23:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

But in a budget, he could go in for the 3 layers of damping whereas in the same budget with Dynamat, he won't be able to get that much.
It depends on things (mainly budget).

Some people do not like to spend way too much on damping.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 07:45   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting discussion. Can someone point me to a link which details the science of damping. I have seen installers by respected folks here, where its laid out like a quilt on a bed, and not a scientific layout.

I'd liken it to trusses for buildings - you put them strategically, not inundate the place!!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 09:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanm View Post
Hi 4Strings,

Hope you're enjoying your new set up. Going for either noise kill or sadesigns damping, the pricing i think is very similar, still not decided will discuss with Pankaj when i go there. 160sqft is not bad if that's also including installation?
Yes it is including installation, but I also heard that Noise Kill is available between 140 - 150 per sq ft including install, but I guess FM Drive takes the slight premium because of their workmanship and the name.

The difference is outstanding vs. an undamped door, I haven't auditioned Dynamite / sadesigns so wouldn't be able to comment on that one.

See ya tomorrow.
Old 26th September 2009, 00:47   #30
BHPian

Default Update

I moved from a 32 CFT to a 28 CFT box, the bass is now tighter, though I still feel that damping the boot might help. Pankaj Bhai advised me against it strictly.

The pic of the box is as below:

Red Rocket ... GETZ CRDI ICEEED-bull-sub.jpg

Also, I have got a grill fitted because if we were to keep any small luggage then the cone can be protected, this has really helped - I do not mind the ugly look since an MDF parcel tray hides the boot anyway.

On the SQ's - I have maxed out the comps on channel 'A' and everyone who has auditioned have loved the Bull 6.5" and it does not jar even at high volumes.

Close up pic of the Amp:

Red Rocket ... GETZ CRDI ICEEED-8401c.jpg