Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 20:20   #1
BHPian
 
4strings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Red Rocket ... GETZ CRDI ICEEED

Hi everyone,

This is a bit absurd, but yes I am posting about my new Getzy's ICE even before I update my initial ownership report.

I have been really pressed for time so it'll be a quick one, starting with the thank yous

Nishant, Frank, Abhishek3030, D Himan, Zohir, Invinsible, Nirtous, Chirag, Arpandiv, B&T, LBM, KP, Jaibir, drvhplyevraftr, thirst4torque, stefanm and of course .... Gunbir & Pankaj Bhai.


I went to FM Drive for the install on a rainy Saturday morning, needless to say the workmanship was impeccable.

After a lot of deliberation & audiotining I have finally gone in for the following setup:

1) HU - Kenwood MP5439 with USB, 2RCA Preouts & Sub Control (6.5k B&W)
2) Front Comps - Bull Audio 6.5" (Thanks to Gunbir Paaji)
3) Sub - 12" Bull Audio (10K for the comps + Sub + Shipping)
4) Amp - Kenwood 8401C - Dont ask me how I got it, had to really scout for one and pay a premium (6.5k W/O B&W)
5) Rear fills - JBL 6539 6.5" Coaxs (1.7K B&W)
6) Sub Enclosure 35L (1.2K)
7) Damping for 2 front doors - Noise Kill (3.5K)
8) Scosche RCA's, GZ Power cables, Monster wiring - (5K)

I am extremely satisfied with this setup, I still have to tune up the amp settings but the overall equipment sounds great and the bass is laid back just as I want it.

Some pics for all you folks. Apologies again for the not-so-detailed review. Will write out a detailed one on the same thread once I get some time to update the ownership report....


Guys, I owe you all an audition & I promise I will give you one

Name:  DSC00017.JPG
Views: 1879
Size:  574.1 KB

Name:  DSC00021.JPG
Views: 1883
Size:  625.6 KB

Red Rocket ... GETZ CRDI ICEEED-dsc00022.jpg

Name:  DSC00023.JPG
Views: 1822
Size:  712.2 KB

Red Rocket ... GETZ CRDI ICEEED-dsc00024.jpg

Red Rocket ... GETZ CRDI ICEEED-dsc00026.jpg

Name:  DSC00027.JPG
Views: 1782
Size:  341.8 KB

Red Rocket ... GETZ CRDI ICEEED-dsc00028.jpg

Last edited by 4strings : 6th July 2009 at 20:29.
4strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 21:51   #2
BHPian
 
Zahir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 371
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Wow thats a nice setup, for a pretty reasonable price tag! How does it sound? Does it tear easily at high volumes or is the clarity maintained... Especially with the Bull components?
Zahir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:01   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Congrats on the ICE.
6.5k for the 8401?
Too much.
You would have been better off with a Blaupunkt GT4 MKII
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:02   #4
BHPian
 
mustang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strings View Post
After a lot of deliberation & audiotining I have finally gone in for the following setup:

1) HU - Kenwood MP5439 with USB, 2RCA Preouts & Sub Control (6.5k B&W)
2) Front Comps - Bull Audio 6.5" (Thanks to Gunbir Paaji)
3) Sub - 12" Bull Audio (10K for the comps + Sub + Shipping)
4) Amp - Kenwood 8401C - Dont ask me how I got it, had to really scout for one and pay a premium (6.5k W/O B&W)
5) Rear fills - JBL 6539 6.5" Coaxs (1.7K B&W)
6) Sub Enclosure 35L (1.2K)
7) Damping for 2 front doors - Noise Kill (3.5K)
8) Scosche RCA's, GZ Power cables, Monster wiring - (5K)
congrats bro, that's a nice budget list of equipments.
sorry,had to ask HOW and why for the amp.

Last edited by mustang89 : 6th July 2009 at 22:08.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:05   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Congrats! String.
That's a real nice setup. Truly a VFM combo. 10K is a very good price for the Sub and the Comps.
How does the Bull Audio Sub perform, and whats the output rated at ?
Some better detail pics would do complete justice.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:09   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
karankapoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in the car!!!
Posts: 1,679
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Congrats on the setup!!!
Another BULL in the car must be hitting you hard huu.
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:17   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Aah, so we finally have the thread up and running!

Congrats (once again) for the setup. When is my audition?

OT - Is it me or does everyone seems to have some pics missing? I can see onyl about 3 pics. Rest are all filenames.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:22   #8
BHPian
 
mustang89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: new delhi
Posts: 348
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Aah, so we finally have the thread up and running!

Congrats (once again) for the setup. When is my audition?

OT - Is it me or does everyone seems to have some pics missing? I can see onyl about 3 pics. Rest are all filenames.
i faced the same problem , and surprisingly everytime i open this thread different set of pictures open like p & c.
mustang89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 22:45   #9
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Congrats buddy. I love VFM ICE installs.
Nice choice of equipment. Bull+Kenwood combo sounds great. I am sure you'd be loving it.

EDIT: That box(1.2cuft) is quite big, in fact more than the recommended volume of the sealed box. Why so?

Last edited by live2drive : 6th July 2009 at 22:51.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 23:00   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Invinsible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,257
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Congrats (once again) for the setup. When is my audition?
I would like to join in too for the audition, just tell me when and where
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 23:02   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
karankapoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: in the car!!!
Posts: 1,679
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
That box(1.2cuft) is quite big, in fact more than the recommended volume of the sealed box. Why so?
What is the minimum recommended volume for this BULL sub (sealed), this same sub comes with ported enclosure Volume 1.20 cft. ?
karankapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 23:06   #12
BHPian
 
live2drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 525
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
What is the minimum recommended volume for this BULL sub (sealed), this same sub comes with ported enclosure Volume 1.20 cft. ?
Minimum is 0.71cuft(20L). The sub should play well in a 0.8-1 cuft enclosure IMO.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 23:08   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
kpzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 5,545
Thanked: 1,599 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
EDIT: That box(1.2cuft) is quite big, in fact more than the recommended volume of the sealed box. Why so?
Yes, even i want to know why?? as i have also been using the same size box with 12" GZ sub for about 7months now
kpzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2009, 23:29   #14
BHPian
 
4strings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahir View Post
Wow thats a nice setup, for a pretty reasonable price tag! How does it sound? Does it tear easily at high volumes or is the clarity maintained... Especially with the Bull components?
Thanks. It jaars slightly at the moment, ill have to go for the tune up again, but I don't play my music too loud, just the fill ins are important

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Congrats on the ICE.
6.5k for the 8401?
Too much.
You would have been better off with a Blaupunkt GT4 MKII
I loved the 8401, did not want anything else after I heard it twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
congrats bro, that's a nice budget list of equipments.
sorry,had to ask HOW and why for the amp.
Went all around Mumbai hunting for the amp, ultimately pestered Kirit (car touch) to source it for me. He took couple of weeks but it all ended well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
Congrats! String.
That's a real nice setup. Truly a VFM combo. 10K is a very good price for the Sub and the Comps.
How does the Bull Audio Sub perform, and whats the output rated at ?
Some better detail pics would do complete justice.
The sub as I mentioned earlier gives a good laid back subtle fill, am going for a tune up again, will have to set SQ's then and let you know accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Congrats on the setup!!!
Another BULL in the car must be hitting you hard huu.
Thanks Karan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Aah, so we finally have the thread up and running!

Congrats (once again) for the setup. When is my audition?

OT - Is it me or does everyone seems to have some pics missing? I can see onyl about 3 pics. Rest are all filenames.

Going to FM Drive on Saturday, can you join in ? Will call you. Invinsible, you are welcome to join in too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Congrats buddy. I love VFM ICE installs.
Nice choice of equipment. Bull+Kenwood combo sounds great. I am sure you'd be loving it.

EDIT: That box(1.2cuft) is quite big, in fact more than the recommended volume of the sealed box. Why so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Yes, even i want to know why?? as i have also been using the same size box with 12" GZ sub for about 7months now
The minimum recommended is 20ltrs, but then I liked the deep harmonic bass that this box gives. This one is flatter in depth compared to KP's and Nishant's enclosure.


Thanks for all the comments again people. Will write in a more detailed review this weekend.

Mods, had some problem uploading the pics (its just that 3 pics refused to show up, though uploaded. I tried editing the thread more than 3 times). The new software engine I suppose ?
4strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 00:51   #15
BHPian
 
UniqueMods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 308
Thanked: 49 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4strings View Post

Going to FM Drive on Saturday, can you join in ? Will call you. Invinsible, you are welcome to join in too.

i would also like to check-out the bulls. my car's ice is also done by pankaj bhai. let me know what time you are meeting.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rocket Hatch - Dark Grey GETZ CRDI. EDIT: 1 yr, 15k kms + report. krish3 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 275 25th April 2014 11:52
The Pocket Rocket needs attention - GETZ Crdi absynthguzzler Technical Stuff 52 9th March 2013 19:44
My Road Rocket - Getz CRDi greaky Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 41 16th September 2009 12:55


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks