Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 9th July 2009, 14:15   #1
BHPian

Default Byond Bluetooth rearview mirror - feedback requested

Hi,

I saw this product "Bluetooth Rearview Mirror" made by Byond in a car accessories shop in Koramangala. Costs around Rs 5500/-.No parking sensors, etc.
Was wondering whether anyone had used it or had any feedback about it.

The points I'm specifically interested in are:
1) The device acts as an anti-glare rearview mirror. How is the quality of vision as compared to a standard anti-glare rearview during the day/night.
2) How is the quality of the inbuilt mic? Is the mic good enough to pick up voice clearly at a distance of the mouth to the rearview while driving?
3) How much would the mirror be prone to theft since it's in plain view inside the car, i.e. would it be obvious that it's not an ordinary rearview but a bluetooth enabled one?
sidkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 17:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

So you want to be able to talk on the phone while looking at rear-view mirror?
Or, you want to be able to look at the rear view mirror while talking on the phone?
anandpadhye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 18:00   #3
BHPian

Hi Sidkun,
Bluetooth rear view mirrors are meant for easy viewablility of the caller's name or of the person you are calling. The name of the person flashes on your rear view mirror, so it does not let you take your eyes off the road.

Being a Chinese product, expect good mic but, for how long, that remains a question.

The mirror definately looks like a bit different from the conventional ones. It's generally a bit curved from the bottom with some controls on it.
Anyway, IF, a thief breaks into your car, the thief has many more things to steal other than the rear view mirror. This being a new concept, expect that the thiefs won't be knowing it
abhijeetsng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 09:40   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Byond Bluetooth rearview mirror - feedback requested

A friend of mine bought the Bluetooth Rear View Mirror (BRVM) from Dubai.

It costed about 5000 INR and had some cool features

1. You need to attach the BRVM on top of your stock RVM
2. You can connect any bluetooth enabled mobile
3. When you receive a call, the name of the person (as stored in your mobile) appears on the RVM
4. You can also attach a Pen drive to the BRVM to play songs
5. You can also play songs stored in your mobile.

I am currently in Shanghai but still not able to find a shop where I can buy the same. Does anyone have an idea whether buying the BRVM in India would be safer.
Heman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 09:51   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman
A friend of mine bought the Bluetooth Rear View Mirror (BRVM) from Dubai.

It costed about 5000 INR and had some cool features

1. You need to attach the BRVM on top of your stock RVM
2. You can connect any bluetooth enabled mobile
3. When you receive a call, the name of the person (as stored in your mobile) appears on the RVM
4. You can also attach a Pen drive to the BRVM to play songs
5. You can also play songs stored in your mobile.

I am currently in Shanghai but still not able to find a shop where I can buy the same. Does anyone have an idea whether buying the BRVM in India would be safer.
Last week I had contacted Red soul for a rear view camera + sensor requirement. When the technician came home, he had brought with him this bluetooth rear view mirror to show me. But I didn't opt for it, as the visibility as a rear view mirror was very poor when compared to the original rvm. So I went for a normal lcd monitor + cam+ sensors. So just confirm the rear view visibility before you fit such an add on mirror.
kap04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 09:51   #6
BHPian

I have one from BCK 99. In Bangalore you can call them at 9008915533. It Costed me 5000 Rs. Only problem is there is an ear piece attached which was stolen by the service guys at Mandovi. Now am waiting for a replacement piece for it to work as if you pull out the piece the mirror goes in ear mode and you cannot set it to speaker mode :(
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 14:58   #7
BHPian

Guys,

Posting this on behalf of a friend. He too is in the market for this RVM+blue tooth accessory and wanted to understand the possible places to buy in Bangalore.

I see a couple of places listed already in this thread but wanted to check if there any new places you have come across?

Cheers
Rishi
Hells Bells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2011, 16:04   #8
BHPian

I would recommend Jabra Cruiser2. Fab voice quality with noise cancellation MIC. No tunnel like sound at the other end. Also comes with decent FM transmitter for you to stream music from your bluetooth enabled mobile to the head unit radio.

Costs about 5000 Rs in India and being a proper branded device means piece of mind.

Just do a search on google and you should be able to buy it at places like letsbuy.

I will also recommend staying away from bluetooth mirrors cause have noticed in one of my friends car, they vibrate insanely on bad roads and rear view can get hampered.
rohitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:44   #9
BHPian

I recently bought a Jabra Cruiser2 from Global eBay for Rs2200 (without its original package) and I can assure it's a great device. The sound qualiy is great and you can even transfer your call to your FM receiver. The only disadvantage is that it just speaks out the number and cannot recognize the names stored in your mobile phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
I would recommend Jabra Cruiser2. Fab voice quality with noise cancellation MIC. No tunnel like sound at the other end. Also comes with decent FM transmitter for you to stream music from your bluetooth enabled mobile to the head unit radio.

Costs about 5000 Rs in India and being a proper branded device means piece of mind.

Just do a search on google and you should be able to buy it at places like letsbuy.

I will also recommend staying away from bluetooth mirrors cause have noticed in one of my friends car, they vibrate insanely on bad roads and rear view can get hampered.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2012, 09:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
I recently bought a Jabra Cruiser2 from Global eBay for Rs2200 (without its original package) and I can assure it's a great device. The sound qualiy is great and you can even transfer your call to your FM receiver. The only disadvantage is that it just speaks out the number and cannot recognize the names stored in your mobile phone.
The Jabra Crusier 2 reads out the name - 'Call From abc'.
d_himan is offline   Reply With Quote