Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 2nd September 2009, 18:46   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
As far as things technical I have a weak stomach for blood so anything medical is out for me. However the mechanics of caps and bridges I understand well.
may your tribe increase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Hmm Navin Ji then it will be a interesting project. I will be getting the Illuminator along with the Revelators. Will be trying differnet option and see what comes out finally.
what will be even more interesting is HOW the poor swift doors accommodate (and rattle) those monsters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You and DantaChikitsak are giving everyone inferiority complex!!!
Koi complex vomplex nahi. I am a simple man with simple tastes. Some, I can accomplish. Well, some, I can't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zucchero View Post
lbm i am about to place an order for SS R2904 revelator tweeters and 18W midbass.let me know if you want them too.
Arey teri! Yeh kab hua?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Here's another bit you could probably do extensive research on. Try and find one stereo amplifier at a price point upwards of half the DLS list price that will NOT show the same increase in power in different circumstances from those used for rated power.

In simpler terms, find any 2-ch amp priced at $375 upwards which is rated at say, X W rms per channel @ 4 ohms/ 13~ V, and does not deliver 1.15X W rms when pushed.

Can you explain this in a simple enough way
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 19:15   #152
Senior - BHPian

an interesting video where my components make an appearance.
Of note are the tweeter pods, and (OT) the excursion the lone subwoofer is making in the boot!

@pranava999: look at the amplifiers ;-)
Old 2nd September 2009, 20:45   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's another bit you could probably do extensive research on. Try and find one stereo amplifier at a price point upwards of half the DLS list price ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
... Can you explain this in a simple enough way
Not rocket science, baba: I = V/R, and Power = V^2/R or I^2*R (R is actually is an impedance here, not resistance only)! Assuming R constant (for simplicity), any change in V will change I, hence change power. Any X% change in supply voltage will cause a X^2% change in power.

ANY amp (assuming imperfect regulators for the output stage voltage) will produce more power at 14.4V as compared to it's 12V power rating. If the regulation allows 10% increase in Vsup (when Vline goes from 12 to 14.4), the output power capability will increase by 21%.

If there is no regulation of the voltage fed to output stage, the increase is limited to thermal breakdown conditions. Actually, regulation is never = 0, there is always a bit of self regulation.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:07   #154
Senior - BHPian

aaaaaaah. accha. got it :-)
cheers!
Old 3rd September 2009, 00:57   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In simpler terms, find any 2-ch amp priced at $375 upwards which is rated at say, X W rms per channel @ 4 ohms/ 13~ V, and does not deliver 1.15X W rms when pushed.

In that case one example could be the JL Audio Slashv2 series amplifiers with its regulated intelligent power supply.
Invinsible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:12   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lbm i am about to place an order for SS R2904 revelator tweeters and 18W midbass.let me know if you want them too.
At what price are you getting the midbass ?

If it comes cheaper than what I am getting I will sure go your way.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:00   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
In that case one example could be the JL Audio Slashv2 series amplifiers with its regulated intelligent power supply.
Nope. Do you mean to say, no matter what, an amp with regulated power supply will not put out more (or less) power than rated?
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:43   #158
BHPian

Quote:

an interesting video where my components make an appearance.
Of note are the tweeter pods, and (OT) the excursion the lone subwoofer is making in the boot!

@pranava999: look at the amplifiers ;-)
AM looking and am following your thread Frank ;-) !!
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:11   #159
Senior - BHPian

Update: My amplifier has touched Indian soil. Should be in my hands on Saturday or Monday latest!

The components will be here my Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN, I have never been so excited. This is as good as buying a new car all over again!
Old 4th September 2009, 00:44   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

And your existing cheap component set is heading to dehradun and i'm not listening to any explanations whatsoever.As it is no one likes them on tbhp and elsewhere as well.so give them to someone who respects and loves them.DONE!
navpreet318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 00:52   #161
Senior - BHPian

For that you'll have to change your name to lucky. I've already applied to the gazette for that. You're too late.. Bleh!
Old 4th September 2009, 01:26   #162
Senior - BHPian

B&T: Ajay i dint say that would not put more or less power. But, just tried to fit that amp with the statement you made, but every amp has its own characteristics.

LBM: You can try www.madisound.com for the prices on the drivers or purchase. You can get almost everything you could think of or desire.

Frank: which means next weekend is gonna be just an installation weekend. Can't wait to see how it comes up. Would like see this happening.
Old 4th September 2009, 10:08   #163
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
For that you'll have to change your name to lucky.
So do we call you 'Lucky Metha' from now on? Frank itself is an unusualy name for a Gujrati, if you change your name to Lucky you could be mistaken as someone from the Punjab.

BTW I know someone (a Sardaji) who goes by the name 'Timmy Metha' (officially he is H P Metha).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
LBM: You can try Madisound Speaker Components | Assisting speaker builders for more than 25 years. for the prices on the drivers or purchase. You can get almost everything you could think of or desire.
Madisound has a wide selection but the prices are high.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 11:40   #164
Senior - BHPian

Try partsexpress.com. Cheaper than madisound for many things. But the scanspeak revelator recession buster kit on madisound is available for a steal!
Old 4th September 2009, 12:02   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
BTW I know someone (a Sardaji) who goes by the name 'Timmy Metha' (officially he is H P Metha).
Know one too but in construction not sure which one you talking about Navinji.
Quote:
Madisound has a wide selection but the prices are high.
Ya but at times they do come up with discount prices on certain products and not seen discounts to often on ScanSpeak midbass drivers though their tweeter were on offer last month.

Quote:
Try partsexpress.com. Cheaper than madisound for many things. But the scanspeak revelator recession buster kit on madisound is available for a steal!
Partsexpress does not offer scanspeak products, they have limited brand and product range.